DDpai Mini 2

Another way to preview is in landscape mode while looking at live video - slide the bar back to the time desired. Just like the video at :35

just got my DDpai mini 2. It will be hooked up to a constant power supply. If I turn off the Park Mode will the camera "go to sleep" when not in use or does it keep recording video as long as there is power? Just trying to figure the best way to manage the power drawn from the battery. Thanks.

If you have continues power, I believe it keeps on recording until the battery dies; or if you've enabled "Parking Mode", it will switch to it after about 5 mins. Parking mode records at 1 frame per second and consumes less power (I've read somewhere), but it too will record until the power dies.

However, I think the DDPai has temperature protection and will shut itself down if the temperature gets too hot inside the vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. The Park Mode was a little confusing. There's also a Time Lapse setting. If Park Mode is turned ON and Time Lapse is turned OFF, what happens?

I think in that case only g-sensor shock will wake the camera to record

I was hoping that was the case to save battery drain, but when i tested it in park mode with the time lapse turned off, the camera just kept recording.

Well that stinks. What's the point of giving you an option that effectively does nothing? I need to test the g-sensor sensitivity that is part of that menu too. Why is there an "off" setting. If the g-sensor is "off," how does the unit know when there is no more movement to go into parking mode? Or does that only affect while in parking mode?

my understanding is that if activated, the g-sensor will take a snapshot and 11 sec video automatically to record what happened. Not sure if it the g-sensor or the motion of the car driving again that takes the camera out of parking mode. Not really sure what the purpose of the parking mode option other than letting you access the time lapse option. If you have time lapse turned off, parking mode doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Can the ddpai mini 2 record 1080p at 60fps? I heard this is better than 1440 recording. Anyone know?

No it can't. 1440P is at 25fps, 1080P is 30fps. Both 1440P and 1080P record at about 10Mbps, and look almost the same in terms of quality.

Thank you Yooshaw. I think I will need to look for a dashcam that has a greater than 15mpbs to get the best quality video. Ideally I'd like one that records 1080 @ 60fps and has a processor that can handle 60fps as well as good pixels.

I'd agreee. If the Mini 2 did 1440P at 15Mmbs, it would probably look much better than the 1080P at 10Mbps.

I'd agreee. If the Mini 2 did 1440P at 15Mmbs, it would probably look much better than the 1080P at 10Mbps.
I wonder if we can hack it to give us a greater mbps rating? I remember we use to have Alexol that would hack the blackvue cameras.

I wonder if we can hack it to give us a greater mbps rating? I remember we use to have Alexol that would hack the blackvue cameras.
I don't have this camera to make predictions to improve video quality.

@jokiin had mentioned that the manufacturer said 15Mbps was the max for the chipset, and I would bet DDPai went with 10 to keep heat manigable.

@jokiin had mentioned that the manufacturer said 15Mbps was the max for the chipset, and I would bet DDPai went with 10 to keep heat manigable.

that was the suggested max although I have seen others running it much higher, it generates plenty of heat when you do, as I understand it for models with wifi going above 15mbit is an issue when it comes to the apps

that was the suggested max although I have seen others running it much higher, it generates plenty of heat when you do, as I understand it for models with wifi going above 15mbit is an issue when it comes to the apps
I'm sorry. How does one increase the bitrate on the ddpai mini 2 @jokiin ? I thought the only person that knows how to hack dashcams was @alexsoll ?

How does one increase the bitrate on the ddpai mini 2
I spoke with the manufacturer today, he told me that the problem with the bitrate (video quality) is solved. To be honest, I doubt it.
I see it only when I see raw video
from experience, I would say, optimal quality (on the Hisilicon HI3516 ) can be achieved minimum from 13 Mb/s

Last edited:
I got a Mini 2 and it's been in the car for a 10 days. I'm using a 128GB card that I formatted in the dashcam.

Today when I got into the car the dashcam was beeping - single beep every 10-15 seconds. I connected with the Android app and it said that the SD card was full - to delete some files.

Isn't it meant to delete old files when it fills up? It seems to have deleted files from the first few days of operation (ie SD card starts on 10/10/16 not 6/10/16 when I installed it) but won't do it any more. Has anyone else come across this problem?

It also doesn't seem to be going into parking mode much - I have lots of videos when the car is parked in the street not moving.

Last edited:
Back