The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Someone on another forum commented that Gitup has maximized the performance of the Novatek chip!

How can I know for sure that a soon to be released big-name-manufacture action cam really has a true Sony IMX 117 and a true Ambarella A-12?

You can't. That's where the independent reviewers and owners of the actual unit themselves who took a peek inside the camera to make sure that what was stated by the manufacturer were true come in. :)

Anyway, I don't think a big-name or well-known company would outright lie to their customers. It wouldn't be good for their business. They might bend the truth here and there though. :D

You can't. That's where the independent reviewers and owners of the actual unit themselves who took a peek inside the camera to make sure that what was stated by the manufacturer were true come in. :)

Anyway, I don't think a big-name or well-known company would outright lie to their customers. It wouldn't be good for their business. They might bend the truth here and there though. :D
I don't think the reviewer can know better than manufacture.
Just check this link:
, it declared as SJ6 remote is Bluetooth, but it is a RF version.
And you can check here: http://sjcam.jd.com/.

For 4K interpolation, I don't think general user can understand what's the interpolation.
But if you don't declare 4K in China market, it is very hard to sell, even a $20 camera can support 4K now.

For SJ7, I believe it should be A12 and IMX117.

Reactions: Mtz
it declared as SJ6 remote is Bluetooth, but it is a RF version.
Chinese people have a problem with the word Bluetooth and they are using this name even they know that feature is RF and not bluetooth. Maybe in chinese language the bluetooth word is something similar to RF or they are calling bluetooth for any remote which is not Wi-Fi.
In my country we are calling Xerox any copy which is made by any printer which can scan and print a page. We are not saying „Please make me a copy of this page.”, but „Please make me a xerox copy.”

enjoy,
Mtz

In my country we are calling Xerox any copy which is made by any printer which can scan and print a page. We are not saying „Please make me a copy of this page.”, but „Please make me a xerox copy.”
I think that is actually OK, "Xero" is Greek for "dry" so a printer that makes a photographic copy using chemicals would not be a xerox copy, but for one using dry ink (toner) it is correct to say "xerox copy". The Xerox company was named after it's dry copying process.

But for the RF remote, Bluetooth is a specific protocol which is not used by that remote so the name should not be used, it is probably illegal to do so as it will be a registered trademark with rules for its use. A real Bluetooth remote would probably have the advantage of being able to turn the camera on and off instead of just off.

I think that is actually OK, "Xero" is Greek for "dry" so a printer that makes a photographic copy using chemicals would not be a xerox copy, but for one using dry ink (toner) it is correct to say "xerox copy". The Xerox company was named after it's dry copying process.

But for the RF remote, Bluetooth is a specific protocol which is not used by that remote so the name should not be used, it is probably illegal to do so as it will be a registered trademark with rules for its use. A real Bluetooth remote would probably have the advantage of being able to turn the camera on and off instead of just off.
Since when did these low margin fly by night companies in China care about trademark, copyright or any of that?

And no, a Bluetooth device cannot be turned on via Bluetooth any more than the gitup cameras can be turned on by their RF remotes. The main device had to have its tail on and in listen mode, which will drain the battery. In fact it's even less likely to work on a BT device because BT is a 2 way protocol, so by detention it will use even more battery on both devices.

The main device had to have its tail on and in listen mode, which will drain the battery. /QUOTE]
Yes, that's how Hero4 works if you want to turn on the camera via remote.

Since when did these low margin fly by night companies in China care about trademark, copyright or any of that?

And no, a Bluetooth device cannot be turned on via Bluetooth any more than the gitup cameras can be turned on by their RF remotes. The main device had to have its tail on and in listen mode, which will drain the battery. In fact it's even less likely to work on a BT device because BT is a 2 way protocol, so by detention it will use even more battery on both devices.
Wow. Autocorrect fail. I need to proofread more.

... The main device HAS to have its RADIO on... ... So by DEFINITION it will use more power

I would not trust specs on gearbest's site related to the chipset.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I'll say!!
And your second choice? :D
i know Git2 is the best, have gyro and remote and all i need. But i don't have the possibility to buy it, i can found only on Gearbest in the China Warehouse, and nothing in Eu.
What about Ebay EU?

Don't forget about the touchscreen which will work in the waterproof case in the SJ7 Star!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I have Andoer C5 Pro which records real 4K videos and FullHD 120fps. Video quality is really impressing, as to me.
P.S. the camera has the same features as SJCAM SJ7 STAR but costs much cheaper.
P.P.S. the only shop for the moment that has this camera in stock is Camfere.

Here is a video-sample of 4K video

Here is a compilation of SlowMo videos, recorded by this camera

And FullHD, 60fps
I couldn't find the C5 Pro on the Andoer website. Camfere carries a number of Andoer action cams that I also couldn't find on their website. Do you know why? Maybe I'm not looking at the official Andoer website? http://www.andoer.com/

Reactions: Mtz
This thread is about fake 4K cameras. Better discuss about real 4K cameras in other threads.
Until now people needs to know that Andoer C5 is not 4K and only Andoer C5 PRO is real 4K.

I expect the C5 Pro to be the same thing inside as the Eken 4K because I have the feeling that Eken sold the PCB to Andoer and they just added a new case.

Eken to obtain good price from Ambarella and direct support needs to buy a lots of chipsets, for example 30,000 pcs. and now they need to find a way to sell that chipsets even with very low profit.

enjoy,
Mtz

I joined just for this thread. I learnt a lot. There is a 4K action cam here https://fulltimeoutdoors.com/produc...-with-remote-control-bracelet-and-accessories the FTOD - fulltime outdoors cam presumably. 99usd down from 299. I could not see it on here or via search. Using reduced price and specs criteria it is probably fake.
[edit - to alter spelling of rediced to reduced!]
  • Video resolutions:
    • 4K(25fps), 2.7K(30fps)
    • 1080P(60fps), 1080P(30fps)
    • 720P(120fps
hello. someone may have answered this already, but this cam likely has an Allwinner V3 chip and is often listed as "F60R" on ebay and aliexpress for ~$45 to $60 USD. If you have it, would you please share a copy of the firmware? You can use this backup script and video guide:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/hacking-q3h-allwinner-v3-camdroid.20507/page-11#post-301213

Out of all the budget / fake "4k" cameras, which one is the best? 1440p at 30fps is good enough for me if the quality is nice.

I consider the GitUp Git2 to be the best 2K camera at the moment also because they are offering a version without fisheye distortion. They just launched the Git2P with no distortion and Panasonic sensor, check on GitUp.com
But look carefully for their models because the no distortion models can not have waterproof case.
Also they have Gyro stabilization and the interpolated 4K but it is not advertised, GitUp being the only brand which is not advertising their 4K on the camera or website. This should tell people how serious is this company and I consider they deserved to be supported by buying their products, not the products from the fakers, because the fakers will release another fakes if they will have money from you.

enjoy,
Mtz

Will be using underwater occasionally. Scuba, MTB and snowboarding use mostly.

I consider the GitUp Git2 to be the best 2K camera at the moment also because they are offering a version without fisheye distortion. They just launched the Git2P with no distortion and Panasonic sensor, check on GitUp.com
But look carefully for their models because the no distortion models can not have waterproof case.
Also they have Gyro stabilization and the interpolated 4K but it is not advertised, GitUp being the only brand which is not advertising their 4K on the camera or website. This should tell people how serious is this company and I consider they deserved to be supported by buying their products, not the products from the fakers, because the fakers will release another fakes if they will have money from you.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back