The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Melife Technology Co., Ltd is looking for Melife Sports Camera Agent.
Melife sports camera record those valuable moment with unprecedented view and bring extraordinary visual experience, let people enjoy sports fun and able to share it.
Here is our website: http://www.melifetech.com/
Here is our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/melifetech

If you have the interest, don’t forget to contact me.

Looking forward for your reply.

Email: alice@melifetech.com

CtaEs60VYAAEil-.jpg
Hi.
Does this camera have TV out for FPV use?

Στάλθηκε από το P6000 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I recently purchased the following from GearBest, V3 4K WiFi Sport Camera 16MP with Allwinner V3 Chipset IMX179 CMOS Sensor. I now suspect this is a fake as well but I have not heard any mention of the IMX179 being fake only thing I'm seeing is the IMX117. what can you tell me about this camera??

the sensor is real, there seem to be two flavors. Its 8mp only. 2k and 1080p are the best resolutions out of that camera. lack of decent exposure control, low ram and max SDR25 write rate are what hurts it.

the sensor is real, there seem to be two flavors. Its 8mp only. 2k and 1080p are the best resolutions out of that camera. lack of decent exposure control, low ram and max SDR25 write rate are what hurts it.
Thanks for the info, in regards to the write rate I found with a similar 4K action camera that I had to use a really good TF card class 10 U3. So I guess For $39.49 this is not a bad action Cam giving that 4K isn't 4K but 1080P will be decent quality....

Thanks for the samples, in your expert opinion what 4K Action Camera being offer from China Outlets would you suggest would give the best quality for the money..

Something with a 4k capable sensor and robust chipset like the higher end ambarella. If you look through previous posts one was supposed to be coming out. Gitup series are ok as well. It is all going to be $100-200+ based on hardware price. People have to stop thinking they will get something for nothing.

Big thing to keep in mind is your intended use. Do you want small files or do you want great image. A dashcam needs readable license plates and long recording, an action cam needs high quality and fast shutter speeds. The allwinners kind of do what I need based on how much I paid and hacking them was fun. Sorry I don't have a better answer, on the chinese cameras its easier find a list of cameras NOT to buy due to all of the misrepresentation and software crippling.

If you can't get sample footage from a camera (youtube doesn't really count), don't buy it... they are trying to hide something.

How did you say M20 is fake with its Sony IMX117? SJcam M20 has Sony IMX206 16.35 MP and not IMX117? anyone clarify this? We've got a wrong info . since M20 is having a Sony IMX206 and not IMX117

upload_2016-10-19_13-59-42.png
Maybe this is what you mean? the sj7 star instead of the m20? but the sj7 is not yet in release? how did you know its components was fake? please help so I wont buy sjcam anymore >.<

upload_2016-10-19_14-0-12.png

How did you say M20 is fake with its Sony IMX117? SJcam M20 has Sony IMX206 16.35 MP and not IMX117? anyone clarify this? We've got a wrong info . since M20 is having a Sony IMX206 and not IMX117
According to SJCam the M20 has the Sony IMX206. They say on the box that 4K is interpolated. On the M20 web page SJCam says, "M20 is a 2.5K action camera. 4K is supported via Interpolation." So disclosure + 4K not in name = not fake 4K.

SJ7 Star will be first real SJCam 4K camera because of 4K chipset and 4K CMOS and this is a great news. SJ6 Legend is looking nice, good specs but still not real 4K.

When we buy things from supermarket, for example bread, we don't need to read some disclaimer on a website or some small writing on a label which is telling us that bread is an apple.

If is written 4K on the gift box then it must be 4K. The real Ultra HD, 4K, not interpolated, not obtained from some poor consecutive JPG at 15-20 fps, just because the hardware used can not do native 4K.

enjoy,
Mtz

SJ7 Star will be first real SJCam 4K camera because of 4K chipset and 4K CMOS and this is a great news. SJ6 Legend is looking nice, good specs but still not real 4K.

When we buy things from supermarket, for example bread, we don't need to read some disclaimer on a website or some small writing on a label which is telling us that bread is an apple.

If is written 4K on the gift box then it must be 4K. The real Ultra HD, 4K, not interpolated, not obtained from some poor consecutive JPG at 15-20 fps, just because the hardware used can not do native 4K.

enjoy,
Mtz
Quite right Mtz. SJCam doesn't say on the box or its website that it's a 4K camera, or include 4K as part of the camera's name, then make a disclaimer in small writing. It simply never claims to be a 4K camera to start with. The interpolated 4K records in file format .mp4 or .MOV at 24fps.

Here are some screenshots from internet.

SJ6 fake 4K 2.jpg SJ6 fake 4K 3.jpg

On the gift box the biggest font is the 4K font and this means this is the most important function of the camera.
The Official SJCam forum member uploaded the video.

Right now on their website I can not find the SJ6 gift box. I hope they realized to become a mature company and stop lying, because they are enough famous and powerful to use these poor tricks. They can sell great without using fake specs, it is sooo simple!

On their site the first spec about camera is the 4K ability.
SJ6 fake 4K 1.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Here are some screenshots from internet.

View attachment 26821 View attachment 26822

On the gift box the biggest font is the 4K font and this means this is the most important function of the camera.
The Official SJCam forum member uploaded the video.

Right now on their website I can not find the SJ6 gift box. I hope they realized to become a mature company and stop lying, because they are enough famous and powerful to use these poor tricks. They can sell great without using fake specs, it is sooo simple!

On their site the first spec about camera is the 4K ability.
View attachment 26820

enjoy,
Mtz
I was referring in both my responses to Sarcasmus original question on M20.

OK, sorry, but you quoted me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hey guys -
I also have the Andoer "4k" action cam. little thing works quite well and video quality is a solid 8-9/10 every time i step out but audio is out of sync - 5/10. case feels secure and with all the accessories, i think it was a good buy. Only issue i have is getting the damn thing into USB mode! WTF is up with that?? It goes into USB mode like 20% of the time. Other 80 is spent just charging while connected to my computer, no drive access at all. how do i get this thing into USB mode? because they simply don't have sd card slots on modern laptops.

Hey guys -
I also have the Andoer "4k" action cam. little thing works quite well and video quality is a solid 8-9/10 every time i step out but audio is out of sync - 5/10. case feels secure and with all the accessories, i think it was a good buy. Only issue i have is getting the damn thing into USB mode! WTF is up with that?? It goes into USB mode like 20% of the time. Other 80 is spent just charging while connected to my computer, no drive access at all. how do i get this thing into USB mode? because they simply don't have sd card slots on modern laptops.
Depends on the laptop I guess. I just bought my wife a new Dell Inspiron laptop at office depot (15", core i3, 4gb, 1tb, on sale for $350) and it's got a full size SD card slot, just like the 6 year old Lenovo it replaced. The Dell Latitude 7370's we're about to buy at work have a micro SD card slot. All the previous Latitude E-series laptops my employer has bought over the years have had full size SD card slots, starting with the old E4300 up to the current E7270. Yes, the Latitude is the business class line, but the Inspiron I got for my wife is the cheaper consumer grade. It's so stripped down there isn't even a power LED!

Back