A119s gps pin stuck.

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
Does any know how to get pin out on a Viofo gps modul. It's stuck, so the camera does not receive any signal. Power ok.
A119S_GPS.JPG

Funny as I meet the same issue.
I received my A119s with GPS module yesterday evening and tried to run it immediately. Nothing was work. I planned today to return the camera to Amazon, but tried to run camera without GPS module and it works. I analyzed connection between GPS module and A199s. I found that one pin (the most left one on your picture) is not coming back to initial position. In my case is cause to camera to not receive power. Light touch is returned pin to correct position, but you can't touch the pin when GPS module is connected to A119s :). I don't think that WD40 will help. Looks like pins are made from cheap (not strong enough) material and it's just tilted during GPS module connection to A119s. I will return mine to amazon, as I don't see way to correct it at home. I hope Viofo will use better material in next GPS module version.
Regards Roman

Looks like pins are made from cheap (not strong enough) material

I won't call it cheap. It does not need to be strong, but it might be a problem to the internal spring.
These kind of probe can last for 10000 or more push, but there can fail.
spring_loaded_test_probe_pogo_pin.jpg

Wau, good reply , even with picture, thank you.
I don't like than connection, which should work daily connect-disconnect is actually broken on first use + other people have the same issue.
Do you suggest to ask amazon seller (OCD Tronic) to send me just new GPS module and not disappointed from model itself ?
How do you solved your issue ? Looks pins in GPS module are not replaceable.
P.S. Sent you private message/conversation.

Normal you can grap the head and pull them out gently, but on this gps module there is no "head".

I took contact to OCD Tronic and he replied faster, than you can blink with you eyes.

Hey guys, I'll be sending you replacement GPS mounts as soon as new stock arrives. The fulfillment order is standing by and emails with tracking will be sent once shipped. I'm reporting your mount problem to the factory as well to see if anything needs to be done.

Just had telephone conversation with Jon from OCD Tronic. He understood the issue and suggested that he will send me just new GPS module. The issue only that he is out of stock with GPS modules and I need to find how temporary to connect the camera. This "glue" stuff make me crazy :)

Attachments

• 20170113_131445_1.png
    20170113_131445_1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
You can power the camera directly from the USB plug on the side instead of through the mount while you're waiting for the replacement mount

You can power the camera directly from the USB plug on the side instead of through the mount while you're waiting for the replacement mount
Sure, the issue is not power connection, but temporary non-GPS holder, which should be glued and removed later.

Not as study but still staying hard, you can use 3M dual lock. I use them when I want to remove the camera easy. (Example longtime parking) . If you want to remove sticker from the windshield, you can pull if off in 5-10 sec without any tools and it leave no residue, very useful in rental car.
You can get them in building market or office store and online.
3MDualLockFasteners_2.jpg

Last edited:
Wau, good reply , even with picture, thank you.
I don't like than connection, which should work daily connect-disconnect is actually broken on first use + other people have the same issue.
Do you suggest to ask amazon seller (OCD Tronic) to send me just new GPS module and not disappointed from model itself ?
How do you solved your issue ? Looks pins in GPS module are not replaceable.
P.S. Sent you private message/conversation.
Not sure what gave you the idea but A119S is definitely not meant to be mounted and dismounted daily ;)

For what ever reason you want to remove you camera, you can grab on the gps mount and easily lift it off, without any stress to the camera or the gps mount, if you use dual lock.
Some people might drive many different cars and don't want to leave the camera behind them.

Not sure what gave you the idea but A119S is definitely not meant to be mounted and dismounted daily ;)
Why not ? I thought it is obvious if camera comes with quick connector.
Like other camera with the same connection :
I also thought to take it with me to rent cars, as I use them pretty often.

Why not ? I thought it is obvious if camera comes with quick connector.
Like other camera with the same connection :
I also thought to take it with me to rent cars, as I use them pretty often.
It's the plastic that will not take such abuse. For daily mount/dismount you would need something more sturdy than just two plastic pieces held together by friction.

It's the plastic that will not take such abuse. For daily mount/dismount you would need something more sturdy than just two plastic pieces held together by friction.
Based on my first experience with this connection, probably you are right :)
Above "Viking" suggested to use 3M dual lock. If it is strong enough to hold the camera, it might be solution for daily mount/dismount and moving to rent car as well.

It is very tough (read that as "nearly impossible") to design a reliable quick-release mount for vehicles even where size is no concern :( It has been tried with police radios many time over for decades on end and nobody has managed to find a 100% reliable method yet; every approach has it's drawbacks and weaknesses. The one thing which applies to all of these designs is that they function best when treated gently and when used as little as possible ;) An automotive environment is one of the toughest places for anything to live in with the g-forces, vibrations, heat and cold extremes etc needing to be allowed for.

Phil

It is probably a burr thats the culprit, should be possible to pry pin loose and exercise it a little to make sure it do not happen again.

But yeah i would not expect any mounts to be something you connect/disconnect one or more times every day, and then have it last for long, at least not with connectors this small, if they was 3 X larger i would be more inclined to think it was something that would last, and that big the spring loaded connectors should take care of mount getting worn from all the connecting and disconnecting.

Just had telephone conversation with Jon from OCD Tronic. He understood the issue and suggested that he will send me just new GPS module. The issue only that he is out of stock with GPS modules and I need to find how temporary to connect the camera. This "glue" stuff make me crazy :)

Interesting, Just got mine yesterday, same pin stuck/broken.
For me the camera works until something vibrate the car (Bumper, road work etc)
Contacted @FoxOffer about this issue too

Still waiting. Any news?

Hey guys, I'll be sending you replacement GPS mounts as soon as new stock arrives. The fulfillment order is standing by and emails with tracking will be sent once shipped. I'm reporting your mount problem to the factory as well to see if anything needs to be done.

Back