Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

I'm not a fan of the plastic on plastic slide on mount. I prefer the screw on the DAB-202

I am unaware of any image quality differences between those two versions (not saying there isn't - but was told there was not). I would be interested to see if anyone else has noticed if the HDR is darker on the v2771. Keep in mind that unless you have 2 of the same cameras side by side running the 2 different versions, it may be hard to judge one over the other. I would think you'd need the same scenarios (what the camera is capturing), unless it is completely obvious that the video is that much darker. Also, the camera has a variable bit rate, so again, unless your comparing the same exact footage using both firmware versions, it's going to vary. Unless of coarse there is a big bit rate difference.
I will ask Dome about the side button that shuts the screen off. @Pianoman144 you said this functions correctly in v2534? Also, what is the bit rate difference you are seeing?
Just uploaded the latest firmware 2771 onto my DAB205 as it came with the 2560 firmware. I only had the HDR option on the highest video setting with the 2560 firmware. With the 2771 ,i now see i have HDR 1920-1080P option which i did not have before.

Just uploaded the latest firmware 2771 onto my DAB205 as it came with the 2560 firmware. I only had the HDR option on the highest video setting with the 2560 firmware. With the 2771 ,i now see i have HDR 1920-1080P option which i did not have before.
Interesting, I did not see that.

Hello.I use 2534_v4 BITRATE and the best video are wiht HDR off. What firmware do you use ? (with google translate):)

Hello.I use 2534_v4 BITRATE and the best video are wiht HDR off. What firmware do you use ? (with google translate):)
I use v2135 HI bitrate. From your experience, what firmware with hi bitrate give the most brighter images? Anticipate thanx and a Happy New Year!

I by the dashcam only 4 days ago. I made the firmware update from 2315W to 2534_v4 BITRATE. Much noise at night shooting .Happy New Year!

I by the dashcam. nly 4 days ago. I made the firmware update from 2315W to 2534_v4 BITRATE. Much noise at night shooting .Happy New Year!
Salut Marius! Hdr il folosesti doar cand ai o lumina f buna, in rest uita de el. Cam toate firmware sunt la fel, difera doar bitrateul, ai o calitate mai buna la cele Hi.

Am incercat mai multe firmware cele HI putin mai clare iar diferenta este cu butonul dreapta mijloc ,la unele poti stinge ecranul.Mai am un Vico Marcus 4 care filmeaza mai bine noaptea dar Dome 201 filmeaza mai bine ziua.

Am incercat mai multe firmware cele HI putin mai clare iar diferenta este cu butonul dreapta mijloc ,la unele poti stinge ecranul.Mai am un Vico Marcus 4 care filmeaza mai bine noaptea dar Dome 201 filmeaza mai bine ziua.
Nu vad o mare problema in chestia cu butonul atata timp cat in meniu poti selecta sa se inchida ecranul dupa 1,3 sau 5 minute. Vrei o camera care sa filmeze cat de cat ok noaptea, ia-ti ceva cu un senzor Sony performant si o sa vezi ceva diferenta. Minuni in sensul asta nu face nimeni, chestia e simpla, vrei sa vezi- iti trebuie lumina, vrei sa auzi-iti trebuie ceva sunet, normal.

Experimental version. While nowhere to be references to the load was not.
Above this firmware works my friend, because he has this gadget...

After more tests for my D201+CPL the v2135 HI bitrate is the best.HDR off.

I switched to 2382 BITRETE 40 MB/s HDR-ON.

I switched to 2382 BITRETE 40 MB/s HDR-ON.

Hi, hope you're well.

I'm new to blackview A12 (DAB201), still on factory firmware (LD-AMF-G-3091Y)

Wondering what's the file size of high bit rate on 1440p, say 5 mins?

I've got a Toshiba 64 U3 TF, keen to try 2382, but unsure how to backup factory firmware to card, any hints, please?

Many thanks

Back