Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

Very nice. Thank you CaptureYourAction for the info. And Svo for the Link. One question, will there be uploaded all future firmwares too ? And i saw the latest firmware for the D201 is the 2534_v4 and there is a BITRATE version too. Got this firmware tested for stability and so already? Thanks

Very nice. Thank you CaptureYourAction for the info. And Svo for the Link. One question, will there be uploaded all future firmwares too ? And i saw the latest firmware for the D201 is the 2534_v4 and there is a BITRATE version too. Got this firmware tested for stability and so already? Thanks
The DAB201, 202 and 205 can, and do, all use the same firmware. So even though the 2771 says DAB205, it will work just fine on the 201 and 202 as well. It will just say DAB205 in the firmware menu.

The DAB201, 202 and 205 can, and do, all use the same firmware. So even though the 2771 says DAB205, it will work just fine on the 201 and 202 as well. It will just say DAB205 in the firmware menu.
Ah thats fine. But u dont know how the 2771 BITRATE will run? Maybe there is someone who could say something about that.

Ah thats fine. But u dont know how the 2771 BITRATE will run? Maybe there is someone who could say something about that.
I have not tried it. I would use a U3 card though. I tried a different high bitrate version and would not run correctly with my Adata Class 10.

So i just tested the custom-firmwares with the high bitrate for a week now.. The DAB205 firmware is running fine on the DAB201 but there are some functions which are not working for example the right middle button to turn off the lcd screen has no function in the dab205 firmware 2771 . The HDR is much darker at night then the normal mode and the bitrate isnt as high as in the dab201 firmware 2534. So i flashed the 2534_v4 BITRATE and all is fine. I just bought another MicroSD-Card because the Toshiba has a write speed of 27mb/s only and i got the Low-Speed-Card message after some minutes. I bought the SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB Class 10 and this Card has 90mb/s write speed.. tested on several sites. Thats enough for the 37mb/s overall bitrate.

So i just tested the custom-firmwares with the high bitrate for a week now.. The DAB205 firmware is running fine on the DAB201 but there are some functions which are not working for example the right middle button to turn off the lcd screen has no function in the dab205 firmware 2771 . The HDR is much darker at night then the normal mode and the bitrate isnt as high as in the dab201 firmware 2534. So i flashed the 2534_v4 BITRATE and all is fine. I just bought another MicroSD-Card because the Toshiba has a write speed of 27mb/s only and i got the Low-Speed-Card message after some minutes. I bought the SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB Class 10 and this Card has 90mb/s write speed.. tested on several sites. Thats enough for the 37mb/s overall bitrate.
The DAB201, 202 and 205 all have the same buttons that should function the same between the 3 cameras. Must just be a change in the firmware.

I just got my unit few days ago. The LED light was blinking blue and magenta but now it blink red. What does it mean if the LED is blinking red light?
Also the night video is quite grainy is it due to the old firmware? The unit comes with firmware 2318W

I just got my unit few days ago. The LED light was blinking blue and magenta but now it blink red. What does it mean if the LED is blinking red light?
Also the night video is quite grainy is it due to the old firmware? The unit comes with firmware 2318W
If you have connected your cam with the Car Adapter and you are recording while you are charging your cam then The Light is blue and magenta flashing. The Red Light indicates that your cam is fully charged. So all fine.. Just flash the v2534 and see if the picture is better.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

If you have connected your cam with the Car Adapter and you are recording while you are charging your cam then The Light is blue and magenta flashing. The Red Light indicates that your cam is fully charged. So all fine.. Just flash the v2534 and see if the picture is better.

Should I flash v2534_v4 or v2534_v4 BitRate?

Should I flash v2534_v4 or v2534_v4 BitRate?
I have the Bitrate Version. You have around 37MB/s data rate with the this. If u are using the normal Version then you will have only 24MB/s. That means you will have a lot of more Information and better quality. But you need a U3 classified Card. I recommend a Card with a write speed of 50MB/s min. I have a 128GB SanDisk that has 97 read and 90 write but it costs 90 euros. I had a Toshiba U3 before and this Card has only 27MB/s write speed, so this Card was crap and I got a message "low speed card" all the time. With the SanDisk I have no trouble anymore. Just search for the SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus (i have the Plus).

I have the Bitrate Version. You have around 37MB/s data rate with the this. If u are using the normal Version then you will have only 24MB/s. That means you will have a lot of more Information and better quality. But you need a U3 classified Card. I recommend a Card with a write speed of 50MB/s min. I have a 128GB SanDisk that has 97 read and 90 write but it costs 90 euros. I had a Toshiba U3 before and this Card has only 27MB/s write speed, so this Card was crap and I got a message "low speed card" all the time. With the SanDisk I have no trouble anymore. Just search for the SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus (i have the Plus).

So you mean,
v2534_v4 Bitrate
• 37MB/s (more information & better quality)
• Need U3 classified card. Recommend card with write speed of 50Mb/s minimum. (But Toshiba U3 only has 27MB/s write speed)
• SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus is ok

v2534_v4
• 24MB/s

I have the same Toshiba U3 card as yours (mine 32GB). Gosh...should have gotten the SanDisk Extreme. Anyway I have downloaded the firmware but seems like the file size of v2534_v4 Bitrate (8.5MB) is much smaller than v2534_v4 (17.2MB). Is that correct? I don't want to flash the wrong firmware.

So you mean,
v2534_v4 Bitrate
• 37MB/s (more information & better quality)
• Need U3 classified card. Recommend card with write speed of 50Mb/s minimum. (But Toshiba U3 only has 27MB/s write speed)
• SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus is ok

v2534_v4
• 24MB/s

I have the same Toshiba U3 card as yours (mine 32GB). Gosh...should have gotten the SanDisk Extreme. Anyway I have downloaded the firmware but seems like the file size of v2534_v4 Bitrate (8.5MB) is much smaller than v2534_v4 (17.2MB). Is that correct? I don't want to flash the wrong firmware.
Yes all correct. Flash it. But remember to delete the bin file after flashing

Yes all correct. Flash it. But remember to delete the bin file after flashing

Any differences between the Bitrate version and the normal version (beside bitrate) seeing that the file size is more than double?

I tried it for a few weeks. I went back to stock. I saw very little difference in the picture.
I like keeping up to date and using the latest firmware available.

I tried it for a few weeks. I went back to stock. I saw very little difference in the picture.
Oh...ok. What's the version of your stock firmware? Do you find any improvement using the latest firmware (is it 2771)?

I believe I am on 2771. I have not noticed any improvement in the image. I believe Capture Your Action mentioned the last update improved clip selection from the menu's.

Oh...ok. What's the version of your stock firmware? Do you find any improvement using the latest firmware (is it 2771)?
It's my understanding that v2771 improved the users use of the cameras firmware. There was no image improvement over the last version.

It's my understanding that v2771 improved the users use of the cameras firmware. There was no image improvement over the last version.

Guys, I really appreciate all your help and patient. I just joined in and many information in this forum is new to me also please excuse me as I may ask questions that may have been answered on previous pages in the forum which I may have missed.
Anyway, which firmware has the "best image" without any side effect? Does higher bitrate so far see any image improvement?

I would not use the 2771, it has a too dark hdr (darker than the normal) and the bitrate is not as high as it is on 2534. The button for display off has no function. But flash it and u will see

Back