Vicovation Vico-WF1 - WISH LIST (Suggested Firmware Feature Enhancements)

Я думаю, что WF1 мог использовать немного больше настройки на его автоэкспозиции управления / коррекции. (При движении по тени или имеет дело с солнечными бликами)
You have too registrar bullied up and therefore exposure is adjusted by the very light spot (to the sky), it is necessary to do more downward angle.

Last edited:
Добрый день(у нас день) :) Приветствую Вас из России. Случайно нашел ваш форум,решил поделится.Как то у вас грустно может позитива внесу:
Оригиналы видео:
http://yadi.sk/d/tTww_CmbAotw4

Что скажете? Интересно ваше мнение. На данный момент хочется повышенного битрейта 14-18
День,солнечно,WDR стандарт,экспо -0.5,звук отключен.
Оригинал видео:
http://yadi.sk/d/xM4ifeWDBJMWy

"gse" dobro pozalovatj na forum.
Vashe info vsegda welcome zdesj.
Jedinstvennaja prozjba, - pozalujsta pi****e na Anglijskom jazike ( Google translator ), - tak budet boleje udobno dlja vseh druguh poljzovatelej chitatj vashi kommentarii.

Jedinstvennaja prozjba, - pozalujsta pi****e na Anglijskom jazike ( Google translator )
okay!

Well even if this thread is way off track, I can still edit the original post as new suggestions come in.

I just watched Techmoan's review and he mentioned that you can not watch video as it is being recorded. That it is only to aim the camera. I was really hoping this was possible with the WF1. Does anyone know if this is something that could possibly be addressed with a firmware and application update or is this out of the realm of what the camera's hardware is realistically capable of?

My original assumption was that if something happened near my car I could log into to the camera via app as long as it was in range and see what the camera sees as it is recording and trigger the event record remotely if something had happened.

@CheckYourLights, correct you can only stream live video to aim the camera or transfer recorded videos to your smartphone while the active recording is stopped. This is why I think WiFi is more of a novelty until this is overcome.

A7 you can watch without interrupting recording, not possible on the A5

I'm excited to see what companies do with the A7-LA chipset. We should finally see products that let us stream the live feed or past recordings while the camera is still actively recording at the same time. There are several types of innovations I imagine happening with this capability.

A7 you can watch without interrupting recording, not possible on the A5
Thanks for letting me know. I know that we are probably a little way off of this feature showing up since the A7/A7LA still seem to be in beta stages, but this is something that i am really looking forward to.

As i have mentioned before someone has vandalized my car and if it were to happen again I would love to be able to check my camera remotely when i herd something without having to leave my house and save it as an event record if need be and avoid possibly ending up in a confrontation with someone.

I just updated my iPhone 5S to the all new iOS 7.0.3 and it fixed the Vicoviewer problem! I'm now able to change all settings. Problem solved. Now I can finally do a proper review. Techmoan beat me to it though. I'll do my own anyways.

-LED brightness mute (thanks, no longer flashing, and a nice dim glow)

I missed setting this before i gave my brother his iPod back. Is it possible to completely disable the light because i plan on leaving it in my car 24/7 and my car is outside. The flash is hard to miss. If it is forgive me and i will edit my post. If not that would be a suggestion of mine being able to disable the light completely.

The only option was LED Mute on/off (or something like that)
Mute off means it's a bright blink,
mute on means it's a very dim glow. (no blinking)
There is no complete off or else you won't know if it's actually on and reocording then. You'll have to come up with your own custom sleeve or velcro/tape over the button. (if you're going all out with the 24/7 thing)

There is no complete off or else you won't know if it's actually on and reocording then. You'll have to come up with your own custom sleeve or velcro/tape over the button. (if you're going all out with the 24/7 thing)

I leave my voice prompts on, but i'll have to work some magic i guess. I don't know exactly how i will cover a ring, but maybe i'll figure something out. I can't leave it on all night until i get it look as good as my TF2 anyhow.

Oh yeah I guess the voice would work if it was totally off off so asking them to add this as a feature might be logical then. (for your needs)
I'd cut a ring of velcro with a black circle cloth-tarp across the top. (hot glued onto the Velcro) That way you can still hit the button or take it off etc.

I'd cut a ring of velcro with a black circle cloth-tarp across the top. (hot glued onto the Velcro) That way you can still hit the button or take it off etc.
Oh i kind of get it now i think. I kept trying to visualize it in my head I kept thinking how am i going to get it to be small enough, and then i realized you meant completely cover the button. I kept thinking just the outline/the ring.

Well even if this thread is way off track, I can still edit the original post as new suggestions come in.

(EDIT NOV 7, 2013)
@CheckYourLights said:
#1 is it feels like it takes a little long to copy a video file from the camera to my phone. I did not time it, but it seems to move a bit slowly. I also noticed that I seem to have to play a file and then click save. The file is saving and playing behind the save box dialog at the same time. I'm sure this has to use a bit of bandwidth. I meant to try long pressing and see if i can save from the file list to see if it goes faster. I'll try that next time i am in my car.

#2 again is my feature request that the LED ring have an off setting so that it does not glow at all at night

#3 is to make it as good during the night as my TF2. Now that I can use it properly i can do some decent night time testing and playing with settings, but from what i remember when i would pull the card and use my computer night time was a little rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have installed this dash cam for almost 2 weeks, suppose to run 24/7.
Problem entercountered,
1) sd card problem, cam will hanged.
Replace another card, hope no more problem.

2) camera automatically shut down when I parked my car in opened carpark.
Due to the feature"auto shutdown when temp above 65degC"
Hope VICO can remove this feature or given an option to on/off

3)not able to use my iPhone 4g network when I am in the car. Cos it connected to vico wifi. I have to disable my phone wifi when I need 4g connection for my phone...is troublesome. It should have a button to on/off the cam wifi right???

Or is there away I can overcome this throught my iPhone setting?

The overheat shutdown is there to protect the camera, I can't see them ever wanting to turn this off

The overheat shutdown is there to protect the camera, I can't see them ever wanting to turn this off

But singapore is a tropical country, I tink the operating temp of 0-65degC is not suitable! The cam will always shut down in parking mode.

Back