Pics that make you smile

356588d1489339136-17103373_10155935258179778_1186176300494488693_n.jpg

HA!!!, come to Michigan - we can do that in a day. :eek:
I grew up there and can verify that. I heard lots of people say that if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait 5 minutes. :)

HA!!!, come to Michigan - we can do that in a day. :eek:

I grew up there and can verify that. I heard lots of people say that if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait 5 minutes. :)

We use that same quote here in Vermont! The variable weather has been like that for as far back as I can remember but the extremes seem to be getting more intense.

Last night it went down to 1º Fahrenheit and we are just about to get slammed with as much as 23 inches of snow from a fast approaching nor'easter. A couple of days ago it was shirtsleeve weather. Just before that we had rain, cold and winds of 50 miles per hour. This entire winter has been a parade of weather shifts, the likes of which I don't recall seeing before. But then again, there was last winter when we had almost 70ºF weather on one afternoon and about 10º below zero that same night.

...But then again, there was last winter when we had almost 70ºF weather on one afternoon and about 10º below zero that same night.
Yep. Nothing messes with your brain like cutting the lawn wearing shorts and a t-shirt one day and shoveling 6"-8" of snow the next. o_O

Yep. Nothing messes with your brain like cutting the lawn wearing shorts and a t-shirt one day and shoveling 6"-8" of snow the next. o_O

Thankfully, mowing the lawn is still a couple of months away for me. :)

I am hoping that after this next big snow storm things warm right back up or instead of mowing the lawn I'll be out there removing the snow from the roof of my barn and other buildings. :( I've needed to do that far more often this year than in any previous year in memory because we repeatedly get hit with major snow storms and then rain a few days later. Usually, it's just snow for the duration of the winter. Having that much weight on the roof can be perilous if you don't do something about it.

we almost hit two digit heat here, and i liked the feeling of that a lot.

Mowing a law again is now just in my dreams, but when i was a house owner i was happy the garden was so small no matter in what direction you could spit 3 times and the third one would land outside my garden.
So in spite of most of that garden being lawn it was quite doable, even with a regular push mower.

I would like a bigger lawn but then i would need a "American" mower, meaning one of those you sit on while it do the work.

Yeah they dont make cars like they use to do, or that is some do, but then we mainly talk high end sports cars.
Even high end cars like Bentley and Rolls Royce are pretty,,,, meh :rolleyes: at least compared to their older siblings.

But the day to day cars for the common man, the looks of those are mainly decided by the wind tunnel, and / or some hipster like designer and what he think we would like.
In the old days you could say from 1/8 mile away, thats a chevy or a ford thats coming, today the biggest tell on what car is coming is the LED lights, that cant seem to be outrageous enough.

The chrome bumper with brackets for my friends 1958 Chevy Apache step-side, weigh more i think than all 3 doors on my current car. :D

That say a little about cars made then and now :)

I was looking at the fit of the doors on my friends Dacia, the gap around the rear doors range from 7 - 8 mm in some places to 1-2 mm in other places.
No wonder they sell the damn things so cheap.

Hi KamKar1, You Sir have hit the proverbial nail right on the head. All of them used to come with cup holders, now they call them Chinese take out holders :confused::D

Cup holders in the cars i have owned lately, or at least the last 3 cars i had, i assume they have been geared for American cups, cuz the Danish 0.5 Liter bottle have been too small resulting in the bottle launching out of the holder if you corner too fast.
And the next up in size is the 1.5 liter bottle, and those are too large to fit cup holders in my car.
But i must admit the "large" by Danish measure soft drinks from places like MC Donalds and burger king fit the cup holder just fine, but those as i recall is 750 ml cups or 3/4 liter.
I have no idea how i should handle a big or x-treme gulp beverage in my car ( 1.5 liter and the latter almost 2 liters or a half gallon )

I wish i could eat 24/7 and not gain weight like the previous +40 years of my life, cuz it is freaky to go from skeleton shape to fatso on such a short time.

I whent from 175lb to 246lb in a year, and i was only at 175 becuz i stopped smoking a bit before it all collapsed for me. Most of my life i have been at 143lb or less, and thats not much for a 6 foot 3 guy.

I am hoping that after this next big snow storm things warm right back up or instead of mowing the lawn I'll be out there removing the snow from the roof of my barn and other buildings.

seems out of place when people are talking about setting clocks forward for daylight savings and you're still snowed in

Can't argue with that but it's 4:40PM right now and it's been snowing here since before 4:00AM. :(

Snowing stopped. Now we have rain non-stop.(Typical Vancouver, BC.) Given choice, I'll go for the rain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back