GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Can you approximately estimate when this dual remote 2-chan camera with WiFi will be ready for market? Six months or a year from now? Just to know how long I have to wait ... :)

will be more than 6 months, maybe less than a year, the development time on the WiFi version is a lot longer

Well on a positive note....that's just more time to save up I guess :)

Wow, I just saw the picture, it's a lot like my X6 in size which is good.
My son gave me the X6 to 'get me started', I tried to buy another one but it's out-of-stock/production.
So I started looking and luckily found this site, and now, this camera.
I'll buy two when they're available and retire the X6, I don't think that I'll need the dual-camera which I think is to give a very wide, undistorted view of high quality, but then maybe..... :)
My X6 with 720p has only AV out and is connected to a rearview mirror, 7" but it only has 480 lines and the image is not so good, but it's in the car. The video via USB to PC is great. I almost can't imagine what 1080p will be like. It might be worth buying a tablet just to playback in the car in 1080p.

J

Just an update for anyone that may be interested on where we're at right now, what we've been up to during the last week

Revised the release mechanism to make it easier to attach the camera back to the mount bracket
Updated the super capacitors from 4 smaller caps to 2 larger caps, still gives us 10 times what we need in reserve for file save and shutdown and gave us a bit more airflow internally
Testing an updated U-Blox GPS chipset and a new larger GPS antenna
Adjusted the LED position to seperate them for clarity, also setting up a menu option to turn them off if you don't want to see them
Doing up some redesigned power supplies we're trialing to get the low voltage cutout built in instead of external, will simplify our install options if this works out, still to be determined
Tooling is in the works now for the housings and we made some minor cosmetic adjustments just to neaten things up, all markings are part of the mold, no printing at all, it's all black
Our mainboard is in the 3rd revision now, display board is 2nd revision, looks like doing everything we want, testing is continuing though

We look like being able to accelerate some of the other things we're working on so this could see us bring one of the A7-LA versions forward about 2 months earlier than originally planned

Doing up some redesigned power supplies we're trialing to get the low voltage cutout built in instead of external, will simplify our install options if this works out, still to be determined
When buying my first Livue LB100, the internal menu option to turn off the camera when battery voltage was too low, was one important reason to buy it. I said, „look, a company which is thinking to our needs too, not just thinking how to sell one more product called power magic or not”.

In the sales world are minor things, not very important for the product but which can be decisive when choosing that product.
I remember second hand cars sold just because the buyer like some radio, lights, or some gadget in the car and of course the tree air freshner. The value was not in that optional, but in the car, but there was one minor thing which fit its nees.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Almost can't wait to get one of these. Sounds like it will be a very good product with many of the features we've asked for. Will video out be an option or is the curcuitry eliminated completely? My vehicle already has an AV system with inputs which would be perfect to use with the remote mounted system. The wifi, though useful as well, would only be used for data archiving.

I know it's still early, but any hints on the target price range for this solution?

KuoH

will be more than 6 months, maybe less than a year, the development time on the WiFi version is a lot longer

When buying my first Livue LB100, the internal menu option to turn off the camera when battery voltage was too low, was one important reason to buy it. I said, „look, a company which is thinking to our needs too, not just thinking how to sell one more product called power magic or not”.

In the sales world are minor things, not very important for the product but which can be decisive when choosing that product.
I remember second hand cars sold just because the buyer like some radio, lights, or some gadget in the car and of course the tree air freshner. The value was not in that optional, but in the car, but there was one minor thing which fit its nees.

enjoy,
Mtz

I know what you mean, we will include the power cutoff device regardless of whether it's internal or external, would just neaten up the install options if we can make it internal

Almost can't wait to get one of these. Sounds like it will be a very good product with many of the features we've asked for. Will video out be an option or is the curcuitry eliminated completely? My vehicle already has an AV system with inputs which would be perfect to use with the remote mounted system. The wifi, though useful as well, would only be used for data archiving.

I know it's still early, but any hints on the target price range for this solution?

KuoH

yes AV output will be supported on all models, WiFi model pricing I couldn't even guess at the moment, for sure it will be dearer than the other models we're doing but the target with all models is better pricing than any Korean equivalent, I won't say Chinese equivalent as I know how others build things here and they don't build them to the same standard so not a fair comparison

I know what you mean, we will include the power cutoff device regardless of whether it's internal or external, would just neaten up the install options if we can make it internal
For the user is better to be internal. My permanent car gadgets are powered with my personal cables and the original cable is kept intact. If someday I want to use my gadget in another car I just take it with me and the original cable. My personal cable will remain in my car forever.

Regarding the windshield mount, will you offer also without GPS? I am asking this because if some user have 2 cars (company and personal car) he can buy 2 windshield mounts (I hope you can sell them separately) and being without GPS will be cheaper.

About korean dashcams: for me almost all are bad for recordings under trees shadows. This is not happening with good chinese dashcams.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have your back, I'll nail four when its ready. :)

For the user is better to be internal.

it's my preference also, will just be about physical room more than anything, keeping it internal would make it very simple if for example (vehicle dependent) you wanted to pull power from the mirror or interior light circuit there'd be very minimal cables to run

Regarding the windshield mount, will you offer also without GPS? I am asking this because if some user have 2 cars (company and personal car) he can buy 2 windshield mounts (I hope you can sell them separately) and being without GPS will be cheaper.

I would think not, the GPS and power supply are on the same PC board inside the bracket, would have to do another board just to do this, if we were only selling it as an accessory it would actually raise the cost to do this

I was thinking you have an option with or without GPS. I remember I saw some korean GPS antenna to be $30 and to add $30 to the final cost of a camera can be too much and that more price can make the difference for just to sell it or not to many potential buyers.
I know GPS is good to sell a camera, but also more and more active forum members are understanding the GPS is not important even it is a nice (just) feature.

enjoy,
Mtz

Koreans just charge too much because they're Korean, there's no justification a lot of the time, particularly when a lot of their product comes out of China anyway

for non GPS use I have other cameras I will be doing, these will be full feature cameras and should retail for less than some of their non GPS Korean equivalents anyway

Hehe...being of asian decent and having known a few Korean friends and roommates for several years, I can relate to that observation. Then again, there are always individuals who are more profit driven than others in all cultures.

KuoH

Koreans just charge too much because they're Korean, there's no justification a lot of the time, particularly when a lot of their product comes out of China anyway

but also more and more active forum members are understanding the GPS is not important even it is a nice (just) feature.
An internal GPS is a necessary key-feature for me. I won't buy a DashCam without it.

An internal GPS is a necessary key-feature for me. I won't buy a DashCam without it.

something I personally like to have also, we log all info but also allow the user to log without embedding the data in the video so you can choose not to show speed, location etc but still have it recorded, I do understand why some people prefer not to show this info though

something I personally like to have also, we log all info but also allow the user to log without embedding the data in the video so you can choose not to show speed, location etc but still have it recorded, I do understand why some people prefer not to show this info though
For estimating some dangerous situations in the right way, it's absolutely necessary to know at which speed an incident has happen. Not only for me, but also for the court, if it goes there...
And therefore I'm an experienced, skilled and safe driver who obey the traffic rules, I have no difficulties to record (and show) my driven speed.
That's mainly for others (but also for me on my everyday routes) ..., but my main purpose for a DashCam is to record my driven tracks for my personal remembrance later.
I went on a tour through South Africa some weeks last year and filmed the whole route with my mobile phone. And although it has built-in GPS for navigation, I'm not able to assign some tracks through overwhelming landscapes to its correct location anymore. It would be so good, if I could see the exact coordinates simultaneously on a google/bing map.

That are my reasons for my need of a Cam with built-in GPS and of course with an excellent HD-video quality: in everyday life to prove what happened in the case of an accident [and in agreement with some others here, if I'm guilty, I won't give my files to the justice ;-) ] and to record some extraordinary moments of my life for ever...

Mounting. It sounds like you are going for a direct mount to the windshield?
Some of us (me in particular :)) would like the option for alternatives. I'm assuming a flat surface with double sided tape. Can you incorporate an AMPS pattern in that? either holes straight through the base or inset nuts or threads to screw into. With an AMPS pattern there are dozens, if not hundreds, of 3rd party mounting solutions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back