Pics that make you smile

Cooking on the go. Dinner can be ready, when you come home from work.:smuggrin:
exhaust-burger-body1.jpg

Last edited:
Yummmmm.....the tangy taste of 93 octane to go with your burger or steak. :sick:

KuoH

exhaust-burger-body1.jpg

If don't like taste of gasoline, you can use bio diesel.:sick:

exhaust-burger-body1.jpg
I have actually stuck a can of ravioli on the intake manifold of my car while it was idling in a parking lot (using it as a makeshift generator with someone's inverter) and it worked great. Just remember to remove the label first.

Canned food also heats up nicely on the dashboard of a closed vehicle.

exhaust-burger-body1.jpg

This concept is nothing new. There was a popular book that came out about twenty years ago called "Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine!" which was all about cooking on your exhaust manifold and other places in your engine compartment. I know people who tried it and it works really well to make roasts with veggies and the like. You just wrap everything in heavy duty aluminum foil and secure it in place. By the time you get to your destination you've got a delicious hot meal. Obviously, you don't want any exhaust gasses on your meat and potatoes.

manifolddestiny.jpg

There was also a knock-off book called Diesel Dinning.
diesel.jpg

Coming back from a camping trip (late night) we got hungry but most places were closed. Stopped at a fast food chicken place and the guy was closing, only had cold chicken and would sell it to us for half price. Wrapped it in aluminum foil, put on exhaust pipes and stopped about an hour later and had HOT fried chicken and cole slaw, it was great. I have did it several times sense then when conditions called for it, even put a cheap thin aluminum small roasting pan in the truck for such occasions:):D.

I should add that sense that time I was once pulled over by a cop, late one night, said I was crossing the yellow line (BS)! Anyway he said my car smelled like a chicken joint, when I showed him the chicken under the hood, I thought he was going to die laughing. Took it out and gave him a piece, he said it tasted like it was just cooked:ROFLMAO::D.

Coming back from a camping trip (late night) we got hungry but most places were closed. Stopped at a fast food chicken place and the guy was closing, only had cold chicken and would sell it to us for half price. Wrapped it in aluminum foil, put on exhaust pipes and stopped about an hour later and had HOT fried chicken and cole slaw, it was great. I have did it several times sense then when conditions called for it, even put a cheap thin aluminum small roasting pan in the truck for such occasions:):D.

I should add that sense that time I was once pulled over by a cop, late one night, said I was crossing the yellow line (BS)! Anyway he said my car smelled like a chicken joint, when I showed him the chicken under the hood, I thought he was going to die laughing. Took it out and gave him a piece, he said it tasted like it was just cooked:ROFLMAO::D.

Years ago, I had some friends who owned a fish market. They had a recipe posted on the wall about how to poach a whole salmon on the top rack of a dishwasher. I attended a party where they served it and it was delicious! It had a certain delicate texture that I don't think you could achieve any other way.

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/6c3ho1p2/dishwasher-poached-salmon.html

Last edited:
This must be a winner in show business. Cars and food cooking by Mythbuster.

This concept is nothing new. There was a popular book that came out about twenty years ago called "Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine!" which was all about cooking on your exhaust manifold and other places in your engine compartment. I know people who tried it and it works really well to make roasts with veggies and the like. You just wrap everything in heavy duty aluminum foil and secure it in place. By the time you get to your destination you've got a delicious hot meal. Obviously, you don't want any exhaust gasses on your meat and potatoes.

View attachment 31833

There was also a knock-off book called Diesel Dinning.
View attachment 31834

This must be a winner in show business. Cars and food cooking by Mythbuster.

That's great! My friends who tried it just made a pot roasts, rib roasts and chickens often with carrots, onions and potatoes wrapped up real secure in heavy duty aluminum foil and tucked in tight on the exhaust manifold right next to the engine of a V8 455 cu. in. 1975 Pontiac Bonneville. The real concern wasn't so much how well cooked it would be or how it would taste, the challenge was making sure when you popped the hood to retrieve your meal that it would still be there! :joyful:

I have not seen it myself, but my friend say the new mythbusters are god awful.

A co-worker who once worked on a road paving crew said they warmed their foil-wrapped lunches by laying them on the hot asphalt in the dump trucks. He said you could even cook a steak that way :) The best we carpenters could do is put a 100W light bulb in a wooden "Hot Box" so our lunches wouldn't freeze solid in the winter :whistle:

Phil

Those falls dont happen here anymore, but in the old days when some Danes still had a pair it was not unknown.
In the old days people also often fell down or up the stairs at the police station, i dont even think that happen though its more needed than ever.

I have heard that on average Danes report crimes to the police 700 times every day nationwide, i wonder how many of those crimes just get stored vertical ( Danish saying for thrown in the bin )

Those falls dont happen here anymore, but in the old days when some Danes still had a pair it was not unknown.
In the old days people also often fell down or up the stairs at the police station, i dont even think that happen though its more needed than ever.

I have heard that on average Danes report crimes to the police 700 times every day nationwide, i wonder how many of those crimes just get stored vertical ( Danish saying for thrown in the bin )

What country did you say you were from again? ;):D:playful:

I'm a bit surprised at how minor the injuries were considering the severity of the fall. :rolleyes::D
There were four of them. Falls, that is. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back