new ThiEYE T5e firmware update

ThiEYE has done it again, has not uploaded the updated firmware to the website yet haha. Still on february version when you donwload it.
Really? So all they did was update the Version No. :TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 and Release Time: 2017/07/10 but not the actual f/w files? Damn you're right!

**** Checked file and guess what? File contents show - hw_version TI/UN5-V5.0 sw_version TI/UN5-170228-V5.0 for UN5_FWUPDATE_V2.bin as filename for Camera f/w upgrade version.
Not good but haven't tried to see if options have actually been added. Doubt it now. Not checked .ELF file though as it says HD91-T5_TI_UN5-170228-V5.0_20170228_1001.elf for 170628 RAR file!!!

NOTE - The EXTERNAL Microphone version seems legit though. Checking and shows hw_version TI/UN7-V5.0 sw_version TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 so just non mic version is rubbish.

Last edited:
Really? So all they did was update the Version No. :TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 and Release Time: 2017/07/10 but not the actual f/w files? Damn you're right!

**** Checked file and guess what? File contents show - hw_version TI/UN5-V5.0 sw_version TI/UN5-170228-V5.0 for UN5_FWUPDATE_V2.bin as filename for Camera f/w upgrade version.
Not good but haven't tried to see if options have actually been added. Doubt it now. Not checked .ELF file though as it says HD91-T5_TI_UN5-170228-V5.0_20170228_1001.elf in the RAR file for 170628 !!!

NOTE - The EXTERNAL Microphone version seems legit though. Checking. hw_version TI/UN7-V5.0 sw_version TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 so just non mic version is rubbish.
Yeah they did this last time as well. Took them a good four or five days before the firmware was updated on the website cos the changelog went up first haha

Yeah they did this last time as well. Took them a good four or five days before the firmware was updated on the website cos the changelog went up first haha
I remember something like that now you mention it. :sleep:
Don't think it is possible to edit MEGA download file links or even rename. Damn it, have to do it again. The actual filename for non mic has two dates, should have noticed but was playing with my new AUD $4.25 SJ4000 brand spanking new in sealed box original off ebay.

Nobody bid! It's a legit "clone" complete with N20140902v01 f/w format and SJCAM SJ4000 listed under Version LOL
SJ4000 amazingly can be upgraded to 12th June 2017 (small 1.5 inch screen version) firmware for the NT96650/Aptina AR0330 model. Unbelievable.
One touch Power ON, no long press nonsense. ACC and Upside Down mode. 4X Zoom and all sorts of goodies. No EIS obv. FHD30 max and 3.15Mp sensor I'm guessing but nice cam. Case is locking type and pops opens automatically when latch opened, no digging with both hands. Seems latest gear, though much better resolution etc, have stepped backwards in quality and support.

NOTE Upgrade possibly gives 1080p60 with 20% EIS I believe, we shall see, but it is so good as is (for an old cam) I am reluctant to upgrade now! :cry: The perfect Dashcam for US $3.25 !!!:)

ThiEYE have now upgraded the NON Mic version firmware and added and installation VIDEO which I can't use ... no UP button (broken during manufacture)

NON MIC Firmware version 170628 MEGA Download HERE

ThiEYE have now upgraded the NON Mic version firmware and added and installation VIDEO which I can't use ... no UP button (broken during manufacture)

NON MIC Firmware version 170628 MEGA Download HERE
That sucks mate can you at least upgrade on camera? The video is good but if the driver's won't install properly these videos don't point out the procedure of having to go into the Device Manager and manually deleting then reinstalling the drivers from scratch - wrote down the instructions somewhere how to do it

That sucks mate can you at least upgrade on camera? The video is good but if the driver's won't install properly these videos don't point out the procedure of having to go into the Device Manager and manually deleting then reinstalling the drivers from scratch - wrote down the instructions somewhere how to do it
Driver "signing" for Windows. Here is LINK to download a quality PDF guide for Amba A12S cams for resetting/installing driver. Have been looking into that, but haven't tried because of the "long press" during installation.
Also there is a replacement for DirectUSB.exe called AmbaUSB.exe on GoPrawn that might help. Have d/l and tried to open, but requires deleting DirectUSB program first before it will run, must conflict.

No. Not tried standard Card version to upgrade as there is a warning not too if original f/w corrupted by the "resets settings Power ON" problem. Which of course happened when I bumped USB cable out while cam preview running! Concerned it might brick cam, do something strange ... or simply do nothing? Unknown, but have seen same warning on other A12S75 based cams f/w downloads too :(
Good news, was sent a link for replacement switch on AliExpress. I'll try to fix when part arrives. Pretty straight forward solder work, not a SMD and hot air type job thankfully.

Driver "signing" for Windows. Here is LINK to download a quality PDF guide for Amba A12S cams for resetting/installing driver. Have been looking into that, but haven't tried because of the "long press" during installation.
Also there is a replacement for DirectUSB.exe called AmbaUSB.exe on GoPrawn that might help. Have d/l and tried to open, but requires deleting DirectUSB program first before it will run, must conflict.

No. Not tried standard Card version to upgrade as there is a warning not too if original f/w corrupted by the "resets settings Power ON" problem. Which of course happened when I bumped USB cable out while cam preview running! Concerned it might brick cam, do something strange ... or simply do nothing? Unknown, but have seen same warning on other A12S75 based cams f/w downloads too :(
Good news, was sent a link for replacement switch on AliExpress. I'll try to fix when part arrives. Pretty straight forward solder work, not a SMD and hot air type job thankfully.
good stuff that you're getting a replacement.

i just upgraded on camera and have formatted card plus reset all settings, but now there is lag in viewfinder and in recorded videos in 4K. not sure what is going on cos it was never there before. I also noticed that the narrow field of view of supposed 90 degrees is actually just a zoom in on the data captured from the image sensor. suppose it makes sense considering the nature of the lens but still a bit of a bummer...

good stuff that you're getting a replacement.

i just upgraded on camera and have formatted card plus reset all settings, but now there is lag in viewfinder and in recorded videos in 4K. not sure what is going on cos it was never there before. I also noticed that the narrow field of view of supposed 90 degrees is actually just a zoom in on the data captured from the image sensor. suppose it makes sense considering the nature of the lens but still a bit of a bummer...
Never rains it pours! My 2nd t5e (new mic version) Lost/stolen! Had extrabattery too :( Oh well now I have to try upgrade on my old non-mic version! LOL Ordered 4 of the the micro-switches and waiting for arrival from AliExpress. rebuild and upgrade though don't like the sound of the video lag?
I expected 90* option was just cropping the sensor output, same with other brands with Novatek chipsets which also had a "Fisheye" option as well as 90* to 170*menu option on some, though never tried. Long Exposure about all that is good.

Hi, everyone, I hope a help, just received the camera I upgraded first via SD and then with the computer (to see if solved) to the last firmware of July: After recording for about a minute (never more than one minute ten seconds) the camera stops recording (as if pressing the stop button) and happens to wait to press record again. It stop for recording after 57 to 1 min ten seconds. In all the resolutions and adjustments tested, it sptop recording. I'm worried and I'm going to make a claim via PayPal, or you think about it?
Another thing I have observed, is that despite describing dual mic, the info of the file, in sound, only shows a single channel (mono) do not know if it is just my camera or all of them.
Thank you very much in advance

Hi, everyone, I hope a help, just received the camera I upgraded first via SD and then with the computer (to see if solved) to the last firmware of July: After recording for about a minute (never more than one minute ten seconds) the camera stops recording (as if pressing the stop button) and happens to wait to press record again. It stop for recording after 57 to 1 min ten seconds. In all the resolutions and adjustments tested, it sptop recording. I'm worried and I'm going to make a claim via PayPal, or you think about it?
Another thing I have observed, is that despite describing dual mic, the info of the file, in sound, only shows a single channel (mono) do not know if it is just my camera or all of them.
Thank you very much in advance
Hi manusol'
I see you have same problem even after doing both SDcard and then PC upgrade to try and correct which is good. If this is still happening it is probably faulty camera as not heard of this mentioned before from other users. Pretty sure you checked menu settings and NOT in LOOP RECORD Mode set to 1 min?
Here is older April version firmware you could also try (T5&T5e-firmware-upgrade_170401.rar), use PC version probably best. LINK HERE.
It is MONO on my vids too, so pretty sure it is MONO only. I was also hoping external mic was stereo, bought stereo mic and adapter (3.5mmm to 2.5mmm) to try.

Thank you a lot Aussie Kew for your reply. Yesterday, I formated (complet) my new sd card (Toshiba sdxc c10 u3 64 gb) using the computer: cards 64 gb can not format the camera, say format error an show 0.0 gb at new, must format with computer). After that i try to record and i take records of 4-5 min of time, no more.( I am tempted to reformat it completely three or four times more ...).It's no joke, I go on vacation in two weeks and I'm sure I'm going with the camera unusable ... demons. I come from waiting month and a half from the beginning of May a Firefly 8s in Presale on Banggood, watching as YouTube was filled with individual reviews from around the world and here in Spain, remained in exhausted. I asked for this one arrived on time, but you see. Will wait to see what say gearbest and thieye, afther my demand, and decide change the firmware or something, but apreciate the link, very sincerelly.
Let me see you what know and write support team about sound and mics, my friend. Is possible may not know that the marvel records in monaural?: (this write to mi support team of thieye)

" Dear Manuel,
Sorry i can not catch your point, but i will explain the way voice recording for T5e.
There two Microphone on camera body, like the below show, it can recording the stereo through the dual microphone

camara.jpg

Another way use the dual microphone with a suitable 2.5 adapter via the external microphone port.
Hope that help you.
Thanks."

Personally, I doubt if the body does not record in stereo, do it through an external cable: the hardware may not be enabled and do so in the future. Also the base of 2.5 mm, is rare and the connector is very deep, do not reach the contacts to make good connection. The least of the problems for me at the moment. I apreciate a lot your help and i will thanks new ideas about this great problem, my friends!!

msohtmlclipclip_image001.png

Attachments

• camara.jpg
    camara.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
Thank you a lot Aussie Kev for your reply. Yesterday, I formated (complet) my new sd card (Toshiba sdxc c10 u3 64 gb) using the computer: cards 64 gb can not format the camera, say format error an show 0.0 gb at new, must format with computer). After that i try to record and i take records of 4-5 min of time, no more.( I am tempted to reformat it completely three or four times more ...).It's no joke, I go on vacation in two weeks and I'm sure I'm going with the camera unusable ... demons. I come from waiting month and a half from the beginning of May a Firefly 8s in Presale on Banggood, watching as YouTube was filled with individual reviews from around the world and here in Spain, remained in exhausted. I asked for this one arrived on time, but you see. Will wait to see what say gearbest and thieye, afther my demand, and decide change the firmware or something, but apreciate the link, very sincerelly.
Let me see you what know and write support team about sound and mics, my friend. Is possible may not know that the marvel records in monaural?: (this write to mi support team of thieye)

" Dear Manuel,
Sorry i can not catch your point, but i will explain the way voice recording for T5e.
There two Microphone on camera body, like the below show, it can recording the stereo through the dual microphone

View attachment 32075

Another way use the dual microphone with a suitable 2.5 adapter via the external microphone port.
Hope that help you.
Thanks."

Personally, I doubt if the body does not record in stereo, do it through an external cable: the hardware may not be enabled and do so in the future. Also the base of 2.5 mm, is rare and the connector is very deep, do not reach the contacts to make good connection. The least of the problems for me at the moment. I apreciate a lot your help and i will thanks new ideas about this great problem, my friends!!

msohtmlclipclip_image001.png

What second mic on camera? Well typical response. There is only ONE mic on the top. Nothing where second arrow points! They are wrong. Have a look at fully dismantled T5e in this vid from Toni Tony. I cannot see a second mic anywhere and never on ANY other action cam I've seen LOL
Agree with port hole too small for most 2.5mm adapters to fit deeply and make full contacts sometimes and many user "drill out" the hole so it seats. I've ordered a MONO 2.5mm and waiting to test :D
Again Toshiba U3 64Gb should be fine to format in cam. Something strange with cam. Not good.

Last edited:
You have reason, only one mic, and do not see connector, for a second micro (we could put it ...). My camera is factory touched, I will try to send me a motherboard, it will always be cheaper and what I intend, faster, I think I can put it myself.

You have reason, only one mic, and do not see connector, for a second micro (we could put it ...). My camera is factory touched, I will try to send me a motherboard, it will always be cheaper and what I intend, faster, I think I can put it myself.
Not sure, they might send parts? At least they reply sometimes ... asked why ThiEYE products not supplied to Australia by Amazon.
I think they are saying because Amazon will not do it.

"Dear Kevin,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I wish we can apply to Amazon to add Australia to shipping list later, as Amazon does not provide the service for now.
Have a nice day!
Thieye"

I have bought in gearbest: until today, the technical service of gearbest, has just said that is watching my demonstrative video. Nothing else has answered, they have taken a day to see it. Thieye, just tell me which memory card I have to use ... time passes and vacations arrive. Have to go out with my old Q5H...:S

These people do not have any vocation to solve this issue: automatic responses and trivial suggestions (type of card, which must be formatted first ...).Who he touches, the worse for him.☹

I have bought in gearbest: until today, the technical service of gearbest, has just said that is watching my demonstrative video. Nothing else has answered, they have taken a day to see it. Thieye, just tell me which memory card I have to use ... time passes and vacations arrive. Have to go out with my old Q5H...:S
I have to do same. Take Video, but of broken internal parts? Not possible so make a video of me pressing buttons and shaking my head?
Just time wasting to avoid my D.O.A. Warranty.

Yes. I am sure they use the same "cut and paste" answers for the 10,000's of others with problems. Secretaries or assistants but NOT tech staff.

So he is "watching" video? What? That makes no sense. They could have waited five minutes and said "Watched video and ... " replied with solution or at least agreed faulty or something sensible BEFORE responding to your email/problem

Just another time wasting reply ... again.

You are right, not even cut and paste, two contacts or three a day and the answer is automatic, neither cut nor paste, "thank you for your feedback". Neither through paypal, the "financial department" answers, I am forced to raise the case to paypal.

You are right, not even cut and paste, two contacts or three a day and the answer is automatic, neither cut nor paste, "thank you for your feedback". Neither through paypal, the "financial department" answers, I am forced to raise the case to paypal.

Hello,

I just bought my Thieye T5e from Gearbest and it arrived today.

It comes with firmware version T1 UN7 - 170401-v50 , whats the latest good firmware to update my device. And the best way to do it.

Thanks for your time

Back