Pics that make you smile

Positive proof that the world is chock-full of fools and idiots :(

Phil
While that's absolutely true I'll wager there's not a single person on DCT that has read every line of every TOS they've agreed to - myself included. Unfortunate, but reality.

While that's absolutely true I'll wager there's not a single person on DCT that has read every line of every TOS they've agreed to - myself included. Unfortunate, but reality.

Not me either, but I come close. It was drilled into me by the IT guy who taught me web-basics ;) I also handle contracts in my business where the details can ruin you :eek: I promise you I'd have caught this one :D

Phil

It's not nice to make fun of people with a lipth. :D
Or entire nations who think the ground floor is called the first floor. ;-)

PS My inner mathematician nerd jumped for joy when I first saw lift buttons marked this way :
Elevator.jpg

Last edited:
Found this on the net

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 39
Lola, I assumed most people knew about this? It's in the news pretty heavily, not as much recently. The 'unofficial migrants' in Calais, France, sneak into vehicles waiting in line to cross the channel tunnel to the UK. If they are found when the truck enters the UK, the driver will be fined, or delayed by customs/immigration, at the least.
Yes, and probably some drivers are making money smuggling 'migrants'.

This bus driver doesn't appreciate 'non-paying passengers'.

Here's one who managed to get on a truck, going in the wrong direction......and isn't happy.

Not really very funny, no polar bear. :)

Thank you Dash, No I guess I didn't really know it was going on, I quit reading/getting newspapers, glad to see that people aren't putting up with that crap! While at the link you gave I also looked at a link about 3 Muslim boys that raped a 5 year old girl repeatedly for hours (In the US), the judge (if one can call him that!) gave the 3 boys probation and basically said the girl was at fault!!!!!!!
Well worth seeing what is going on!
How can an AH like that remain a Judge!!!!

I think I better get my butt back into the mainstream of whats going on. Now maybe people will start understanding what Trump was/is trying to do but being stopped by people and US judges!

I don't want to get 'anti-(fill in the blank)' stuff going.
It appears the boys, aged 7-14, were more or less 'playing doctor' with the little girl. If you check local news on this mess, no rape actually happened, and certain people have been cranking out 'fake news' about the situation. Yeah, what actually happened is not good, and the boys all were convicted of felonies.

Just to get this thread back on track...

:)

13533x650-vi.jpg

there's not a single person on DCT that has read every line of every TOS they've agreed to

True.
BUT ! Danish TV made a test of this, so they made a app so you could use your phone as a flashlight, and then they asked for access to everything on the phone as it is often seen.
And it was not like they made a 5 page test with the fine print with what you give permission to installing that app, it was more like 5 lines.
I just hope that make people realize what they give developers permission to installing apps on the phone, but somehow i doubt it :rolleyes:
My sisters kids that's pretty young and grown up with computers and smart phones, they are clueless so most things relating those things, and not only safety ASO, even a basic thing like online shopping seem to be unknown to them :eek:
And they all made accounts here and there in their real names, making it pretty easy for even the dumbest stalker to do his deeds.

It seems to me that the way Android security is set up, your only choice is to trust the app developer or not install. The licence agreement is pretty academic, the least of your worries.
E.g. an app can access storage or you can refuse. But there's no option given to control WHERE in storage it can access data. It's all or nothing. There may be a technical way to control it, but you are only offered a yes/no choice when it matters. That's pretty lame.

There should be a law saying an agreement is invalid unless A) it's written in plain English (or other national language!) and B) it is divided into standard sections so you can see what's the standard BS and can tunnel down into only the things that actually affect you.

Or entire nations who think the ground floor is called the first floor. ;-)
At least there's some logic behind that... If a building has 2 floors, they're numbered 1 and 2. So that's how the elevator buttons are labeled. That was one thing I remember from French class - button 1 in an elevator in France is not ground floor - it's the first one above ground level.

Here in the states the ground floor is indeed 1, but it often has a star next to the 1, just in case there was any doubt. Floors below ground can be just about anything. Most common seems to be B1, B2, etc, where B1 is the first level below ground. In downtown Houston you often see T, P1, P2, L, SB, or BB. Tunnel, parking 1, parking 2, lobby, sub basement, bottom basement...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back