My first week with a dashcam..

how often do you encounter stupid drivers?

• Daily

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Every 48 hours

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, to be honest I have to agree with you on that. A lot of times I don't even have to check my mirrors properly because I go faster that most people, so there is only a small chance someone is overtaking me.
I used to think the same way when I first got fast motorbikes. I grew out of it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You are wiping along that highway ha! ha! does your dashcam not have a GPS? i think dashcams are very useful glad you have one. :)

@Jesse0403 Anyone checking the mirrors would be led to believe you were travelling at the speed limit or less, or maybe a touch more, but not that fast. They pull out knowing that if you are doing the speed limit, you'd still be far behind them.

You haven't read my other posts in this thread about learning how to drive safer and better on public roads (you know, where all the innocent people are who still want to get home to their families) or if you have read them you are just oblivious, ignorant or careless, or all 3.

You think we're just a bunch of old people who literally drive like old people but we're not (well, some of us!), I've only been driving 14 years and many others on here have already said similar about how they drove just like you do when they were younger, so understand we're not trying to ruin your fun

I did too, I drove as dangerous as you did and was as fortunate to never have an incident and at the time it "seems" like its such fun, such an adrenaline rush. but if you make it another 10 years maybe you'll look back, be thankful you haven't died or killed anyone and think to yourself "Wow I really was an idiot, I'm glad I'm not now"

I have little hope for you maturing, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for A) the international news article detailing your death crash and B) the dashcam footage showing the moment you actually die. I'll genuinely have absolutely no sympathy for you at all, and I'm already aware you don't care

If you get caught speeding in Denmark even if you are a fellow EU guy too, then you are not Danish and so fines will have to be paid at once and in cash, if not your vehicle will be impounded until you have paid.

But really that car behind a slow moving truck on a motorway that should get any good drivers alarm bells to ring even if he are just driving at the speed limit.

Assuming car just joined motorway and merged in behind truck, then car and truck will only be going 80 - 90 km/h, and so there will be a high risk that the car want to overtake truck and might not orient himself good enough before that.
And if you come barreling up from behind that just compound the risks as the person might assume you drive the max speed and nothing more and assume there are time to overtake or initiate overtaking at least.

If you get caught speeding in Denmark even if you are a fellow EU guy too, then you are not Danish and so fines will have to be paid at once and in cash, if not your vehicle will be impounded until you have paid.

But really that car behind a slow moving truck on a motorway that should get any good drivers alarm bells to ring even if he are just driving at the speed limit.

Assuming car just joined motorway and merged in behind truck, then car and truck will only be going 80 - 90 km/h, and so there will be a high risk that the car want to overtake truck and might not orient himself good enough before that.
And if you come barreling up from behind that just compound the risks as the person might assume you drive the max speed and nothing more and assume there are time to overtake or initiate overtaking at least.
But even if I were driving at the speed limit of 130/140 km/h there would still be a 50/60 km/h speed difference so would there not still be a dangerous situation?

a mustang almost took out my wife in a similar situation to your night/rain clip. she and i were driving together in 2 different cars (to return a family member's borrowed car) - driving 45 mph in a 40 zone (note that's miles, not km). so we were both ALREADY speeding. she went to change lanes to pass a box truck going 40 mph, and was nearly creamed from behind by a mustang going at least 80 mph. and that was in broad daylight on a clear, dry day. like others said - she looked in her mirror, saw nothing, so she moved to change lanes... about the time she started the change, the mustang came around from behind her (it had beel swerving between cars) and had to use full ABS to avoid the crash. i watched (and heard) the whole thing since i was already alongside the box truck - i was in front of my wife. as soon as the mustang got off the brakes, he got back on the gas and was trying to push me - in the toyota camry i was driving, he was following so close i couldn't even see his hood. but i suddenly lost the urge to pass the box truck and decided to just do the speed limit.

yours was at night and in the rain, so even going 200 km/h with NO other traffic is already asking for trouble.

yes, we expect to see people going a little faster than us, but only within maybe 10-15 mph of what we're doing, not DOUBLE that.

i also hope you learn from your mistakes without hurting anyone else. for me, i was 18 - i was messing with the cd player a little too long and drifted off the side of the road and clipped a light pole with the very edge of the car at about 40 mph. no injuries other than my hand from beating it against the steering wheel after i realized what had happened. it peeled back the right fender, jammed the right front door, and ripped off the right front wheel, so that the car landed on the frame and stopped without me ever pressing the brakes. light pole was left leaning at a 45 degree angle.

But even if I were driving at the speed limit of 130/140 km/h there would still be a 50/60 km/h speed difference so would there not still be a dangerous situation?
difference is, by you going 200, you made it a 100km/h difference, and in the rain, when there's even less ability to stop/slow/swerve safely.

@Jesse0403 There have been no new posts from you since monday 23rd that makes it 5 days today Let us know if you are safe and well and not hurtling along that highway in the sky

@Jesse0403 The several comments on your driving sense (or lack of) were for the most part to get you to slow down before you did yourself or someone else permanent harm After all you are a dashcammer now and more importantly a member of DCT and apart from the odd TROLL that turns up once in a while (they are usually dealt with swiftly by DCM)........ DCT members tend to watch out for one and other basically the comments were posted with the best of intentions and hopefully that way you will lead a long and happy accident free life ........Ipol...

I have watched the OPs video and i see nothing really wrong with his driving, i would kill for his super great highways and he has a long trip to his work and back home.
Honking along at a good pace is a lot better then poking along, if you want to get some place you have to drive not just flow along with the pokers.
He has really good highways and he is IMHO keeping himself safe by getting past the slow poking along drivers.

Just what i would expect from someone from Michigan, really nothing.

Just what i would expect from someone from Michigan, really nothing.
And that is exactly the type of response I was expecting - right at the same intellectual level as your previous post. Keep up the good work as you're proving my point. (y)

I expect freak blizzards and fog, and maybe a little boating in Michigan :D

This forum is not really about the use of dashcams, it's just a forum for people to demean peoples posts they disagree with.

Back