Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I expect A to be better at night also because of being not so wide as lens B and you better can see the number plates for example.
I can confirm 100% that both Mobius lenses are made IN Japan. .
I don't know how it sounds in english but maybe you are referring only at the glass part of the whole lens. And even that glass is possible to not be glass, but some very good quality (even made in Japan) plastic. For me is not a problem if real glass or not, real Japan or not, but I want at least same image quality offered by some korean dashcams. And I am referring to image not at their encodings because for me korean dashcams have poor H264 encoders.

So if niko is right and lens B are better should we think that only the Lens B are made in Japan? I don't like Lens B because too wide and it is outside from the camera.
I don't know why developer made such a large hole in the case and for normal lens have a lot of space around it and the Wide lens B needs to be outside. I expected that large hole in the case to fit also wide lens.

Here ie a comparison between appearance of both cameras:

enjoy,
Mtz

I expect A to be better at night also because of being not so wide as lens B and you better can see the number plates for example.

I don't know how it sounds in english but maybe you are referring only at the glass part of the whole lens. And even that glass is possible to not be glass, but some very good quality (even made in Japan) plastic. For me is not a problem if real glass or not, real Japan or not, but I want at least same image quality offered by some korean dashcams. And I am referring to image not at their encodings because for me korean dashcams have poor H264 encoders.

So if niko is right and lens B are better should we think that only the Lens B are made in Japan? I don't like Lens B because too wide and it is outside from the camera.
I don't know why developer made such a large hole in the case and for normal lens have a lot of space around it and the Wide lens B needs to be outside. I expected that large hole in the case to fit also wide lens.

Here ie a comparison between appearance of both cameras:

enjoy,
Mtz
Nice size comparison video you found :)

I don't know how often I have to repeat this, but BOTH lenses are GLASS and both are made in Japan. Any other assumptions just aren't true. If you think you've found a Korean camera that produces better image quality than the Mobius please post the raw image file of a comparison of the two files taken at the same time. I am not referring to low-light images because these have to do with firmware and will be addressed in a future firmware version. I'm also not referring to the "flashing" which occasionally happens in v0.57 and will most likely be corrected within the next few days. Different lenses produce different color spectrums, so I expect that's what niko noticed. The quality of the actual image of the two lenses should be almost identical but difficult to compare because of the different AOV. You could use the narrow AOV setting for lens B when comparing the two lenses for quality. This way there will be no pixel binning when converting the original 2304 x 1296 image to 1080p since the narrower AOV scans the 1920 x 1080 pixels directly. Pixel binning is not the same as scaling down or sub sampling. If done properly, pixel binning can reduce noise without noticeable loss in resolution.

32g with 700mAh battery, is it true?? this is really small one! can it work with power bank?
According to this post, the C1 now weighs 44 grams. Innovv have modified their specifications to reflect the new value. I also couldn't believe the old value published and imagined they were using an all-plastic lens and no internal heatsink. I'm quite surprised at the excess weight and would be interested in which component makes it 5 grams heavier than the Mobius. The battery is now specified as 600mAh which is 80mAh more than the Mobius. I'm not sure if this is the same as the previous value specified. Since the battery is a little larger than the Mobius' battery it will probably add an extra gram to the total weight. Before the camera is released the weights are most likely only estimates. The pre-release Mobius were also a few grams lighter than the final version.

The battery will be 600mAh instead of 700mAh as advertised first time on their site because a smaller battery will leave more room for handling if the user want to replace the case. But because not opening in 2 half pieces, the case will be not very easy to be changed. The Innovv wants to be more a stylish camera as they are advertising on their site, so the looking of the camera is an important part of their business, I think. So if the user want more colors for the camera can buy just the case and replace it someday if bored by the actual color. Of course, here on DCT forum, most of us are thinking only to the black color, but who knows if someone is thinking in the korean style and want a very visible color for its dashcam?
The case is full metallic, aluminium, I think.

I hope niko will make a special thread for Innovv C1 and there to offer more informations, pictures, recordings.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
The battery will be 600mAh instead of 700mAh as advertised first time on their site because a smaller battery will leave more room for handling if the user want to replace the case. But because not opening in 2 half pieces, the case will be not very easy to be changed. The Innovv wants to be more a stylish camera as they are advertising on their site, so the looking of the camera is an important part of their business, I think. So if the user want more colors for the camera can buy just the case and replace it someday if bored by the actual color. Of course, here on DCT forum, most of us are thinking only to the black color, but who knows if someone is thinking in the korean style and want a very visible color for its dashcam?
The case is full metallic, aluminium, I think.

I hope niko will make a special thread for Innovv C1 and there to offer more informations, pictures, recordings.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, I think a lot of people would like to see the RAW video, and a comparison with the Mobius video would even be better. I too like black best but a light color could be interesting for RC flyers.
I'm not sure how many people looking for a good, small and light camera will prefer style over functionality and video quality, but it may work out if the C1 can match the Mobius in these domains. It won't be easy going though.

Reactions: Jim
I have ordered a C1 at joovuu in the UK :D
Any one know when i can expect to get it ? ( patience is not strong with this one :p )

PS. i have been thinking :eek:
If it is possibel to change the case on the C1, that would mean in my mind that the contact between heat source and case could be minimal.
This would offcourse mean a less than optimal heat transfer.

PS. i am allso the kind of guy who have been known to remove IHS on prosessors, and make sure the contct between cpu and cooler is optimal ( been H2O cooling my computer for decades )

I have ordered a C1 at joovuu in the UK :D
Any one know when i can expect to get it ? ( patience is not strong with this one :p )

PS. i have been thinking :eek:
If it is possibel to change the case on the C1, that would mean in my mind that the contact between heat source and case could be minimal.
This would offcourse mean a less than optimal heat transfer.

PS. i am allso the kind of guy who have been known to remove IHS on prosessors, and make sure the contct between cpu and cooler is optimal ( been H2O cooling my computer for decades )

Hi Kamkar1,
We are expecting them next week (probably around Thursday/Friday) and will ship as soon as we get them. They do look good!

Kind regards,

Dan

Not sure about Joovuu prices, but Innovv website updated their price to 69usd.
The question will be if it is only an introduction price or it will stay like this ? ( time will tell )

http://www.innovv.com/#!shop--cart/cg1f

69 usd price.jpg

Now the prices are OK, I think the same as Dimika and Mobius. Let's see what will offer when testing it. For sure it have more the LED light which is not interesting for us as drivers but which can help us in some situations when we need a light and even a recording outside of the car in dark.

enjoy,
Mtz

Now the prices are OK, I think the same as Dimika and Mobius. Let's see what will offer when testing it. For sure it have more the LED light which is not interesting for us as drivers but which can help us in some situations when we need a light and even a recording outside of the car in dark.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, they seem to have finally realized that ripping people off is bad for business. The next few months will show us if they'll keep their promise and supply regular firmware updates instead of leaving their customers out in the cold.

They will have for sure some firmware upgrade. But I hope to offer a longer firmware support because of adding some features or improve some things. Of course, if a dashcam is bug free there is no need for firmware upgrades for any camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Of course, if a dashcam is bug free there is no need for firmware upgrades for any camera.

I've done bufixes all year on our old camera, I've also added a lot of features which I think is still a good reason for a firmware upgrade, even if there were no bugs I'd still be releasing the updates to add more features

this is a list of the added stuff we've done in the last 12 months on the old product, I've deleted any bugfix info here and just listed the changes and additions, some worthwhile stuff I feel and we'll always look to make improvements where possible

[*Firmware version Q20131118 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update playback software

[*Firmware version Q20131028 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add 5Mb/sec Economy recording mode
Updated playback software

[*New features*]

Add +1 Hour DST Offset menu option for regions that support daylight savings time
Updated copy of user manual amendments now write to memory card on bootup as HTML file

[*Firmware version Q20130814 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Updated auto timezone extraction method from GPS data stream
Updated playback software

[*New features*]

Add ability to access menus while no memory card is present

[*Firmware version Q20130801 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update auto timezone tables

[*New features*]

Add motion detect hot key, long press menu key while screen active can activate and deactivate motion detect during recording
Add running man icon on screen to indicate motion detect status

[*Firmware version Q20130609 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update on screen GPS logo placement
Update on screen recycle logo setting graphic for improved readability
Update embedded graphic font colour from yellow with black outline to light grey with black outline
Update manual save on screen dialog to larger easy to see SAVED graphic
Update timeout value on motion detect function
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 12Mbit/sec
Update RECYCLE default setting to 2 minutes

[*New features*]

Add 12h/24h time format display option for embedded graphics (default setting 24h)
Add date format display option YYYY/MM/DD, DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY for embedded graphics (default setting YYYY/MM/DD)
Add automatic time zone setting from GPS, (default setting AUTO)
Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF (sometimes needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking, default setting OFF)
Add 30sec recycle option setting (for USA market)
Add GPS diagnostic display, shows number of satellites available, in use etc (long press the MODE key while in standby to access this display)

[*Firmware version Q20130507 Change log*]

[*New Feature*]

Add user selectable MP4 or MOV output

[*Firmware version Q20130403 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update recycle strategy
Update GPS cold start procedure
Update GPS warm start process
Update NMEA data file creation process
Update menu text SYS RESET change to LOAD DEFAULTS
Update RECYCLE default setting to 3 minutes
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 10Mbit/sec
Update SCREEN TEXT default value from NSW ABC123 change to REG ABC123

[*Firmware version Q20130401 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update recycle method

[*Firmware version Q20130226 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update NMEA data file management strategy

[*New Feature*]

Add support for GoTop GT-2420 GPS module

[*Firmware version Q20130106 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Updates to default settings values

[*Firmware version Q20121220 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add Time zone +9.5 and + 10.5 for South Australia

[*Firmware version Q20121128 Change log*]

English version preset for the Australian market

My cam should be mailed next weekend, so i will get some footage and get it up online as fast as i can ( youtube + raw footage )

But i have just downgraded my connection from 50/10 cable to 10/1 mbit DSL so UL will be slow :mad:
Can not afford more + my old cable ISP was some dumbasses who i will never give my mony to Again.

Damm i miss the fiber i had in my house even tho i only had 30/30 mbit there, but uploading was really nice at those speeds.

Possibly only a few dollars between them by BOM list, no way of knowing their development and tooling costs though which could vary widely, not everyone has the same resources. G sensor data could be very interesting to the hobby user I would think, not just dashcam users

the InnOvv designer, a guy worked on Cell Phone for 8 years, he made a great design and asked for high precision. I believe the manufacturing technics is much better than Mobius.
look close to the gap between the devices ---- under 0.05mm, almost no gap. that is a high verticality he asked. (CRAZY!) :oops:
GAP.jpg

well it looks nice, I guess most people are more interested in how well it works though, seems like it could be good, something I'd like to look at some time

The mind of a engineer is a dark and wierd place :p

In my last job i was grinding aksels witch had to be within 4/1000 of a mm, i never undestood why a so small tolerance was used on those aksels o_O

But then Again it was what they wanted, and actually made my job a little more interesting on the grinding machine, as i normally did Things that only to be within 2/100 mm or there about.

I know what you mean, someone asked me the other day if my phone was a copy Samsung, I said no, it's a genuine ThL
i always think the THL is HTC at the beginning

Back