Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I believe not only you be surprised!
The last post was intended to address,
Innovv C1 is stylish, attractive, people and thieves all like it.
For sure, I hope people can buy as more as possible.

Buying the black color is good recommendation,
How to do if people like Gold, Blue, Silver colors?

Buy- A black color C1 + A full set of case in the color you like.
The video will be released to educate people how to change the case.
The camera will be black in the car as DashCam, will be silver on your helmet as Action Cam.
Is that cool?
This DIY program was set when we have these 4 colors options in development.

The mini 90 degree USB cable is in our to do list.
But please allow a moment for focusing the priority.

Better still - remote lens.
So we can hide the whole unit away from prying eyes & just have the lens mounted in the screen.

Doesn't matter how small you make the dashcam, the fact that it is fixed to the screen makes it visible to thieves.

@ " Please do not buy C1 and use it as dashcam, because thieves also like it."
I think it's not appropriate to compare vine vs electronics products advertisement. Different product segments need different marketing approach and slogans.
I agree @Aloux, we do not have to forget about that here on DashCamTalk we all look into C1, or any other action / sport camera from point of view dashcam users. Partially I support " ... do not buy C1" but this goes for GOLD, BLUE, SILVER colour, because majority of educated dashcam users want discrete dashcamera, without any "blin-bling"-stuff. China and Korean dashcam users needs / requirements are where they like "blin-bling" stuff, dashcams with a lot of IR "night vidion LEDs", big screens, gold-plated dashcam body surrounding etc. Western market dashcam users needs are different: more discrete and with only practical buttons added to main unit, without any "bling-bling" useless stuff.
Black colour C1 is the only colour I can see being used by most car drivers. Best would be if it can be black-matt colour, not shiny polished black.

China and Korean dashcam users needs / requirements are where they like "blin-bling" stuff, dashcams with a lot of IR "night vidion LEDs", big screens, gold-plated dashcam body surrounding etc.

They don't have thieves out there then?

I just got a MSG from seller, my cam have shipped out this afternoon, and i am pretty sure UK mail can have it in Denmark by the morning, but when Danish postal take over all bets are off.
BTW i ordered a Black cam even tho i have no plans for permanent use / install in my car, i never been mutch for fancy colors i guess, all my clothes are allso discreete colors ( exept for some T shirts and the motocross outfit i used when i had my quad bike )

I guess the lens in the C1 can be made to extend just like the mobious, and i can see some RC uses where a very small lens offset from the devise itself could be usefull.
But since the C1 is allready pretty small compared to gopros and other actioncams i think most can make do with the unit as it is now.

When it come to dashcams i agree the ultimate single og multi cam setup would be a central unit and then small lenses on a wire so that lenses and DVR unit itself are easy to hide, i guess a cam could be made as small as 25 mm i diameter and 40 mm long for the housing itself.

When it come to features of a action cam or for that matter a dashcam, i would prefer as many features as possibel as long as they can be disabled if need be.
I dont mind the C1 even as it is now have features i proberly will never need, but it is still nice that they are there if i should change my mind 1 day.

When it come to features of a action cam or for that matter a dashcam, i would prefer as many features as possibel as long as they can be disabled if need be.
I dont mind the C1 even as it is now have features i proberly will never need, but it is still nice that they are there if i should change my mind 1 day.

Yes, people change their mind often and have different preferences, the developer should enhance the capacity of chips to meet people’s needs if they are capable.

You can touch your camera now, hope you can get the different metal feeling than the plastic when hold C1 in your hand .

They don't have thieves out there then?

Chinese thieves are interested in car, not camera.

Hi There,

I can't wait to keep my Innovv C1 in hands, its allready on the way to Germany ;-)

Is it planed to release a waterproof case for the Innovv later?

And can you give any information on the mini-usb connector that is used? Which connector is it and which pins carry the live-out signal. I like to build my own small live-out Cables for my rc-models as the supplied live-out cable seems quite big and heavy.

Greets
Johannes Hermen
der-Frickler.net

The first prototype of waterproof case is made.
A very special design, No injection, but all handmade as artwork.
I do not like an industrial product, always like my design to be unique than what on the market.

The more information for the connector will be released later.

Last edited:
And can you give any information on the mini-usb connector that is used? Which connector is it and which pins carry the live-out signal. I like to build my own small live-out Cables for my rc-models as the supplied live-out cable seems quite big and heavy.

Take your time and look carefully at the picture.

Innovv AV Cable Pinout.jpg

You will understand the pinouts if you will take it easy. But you need to have the original Innovv cable because the MiniUSB connector is not standard and is almost impossible to buy it from normal stores.

Watch also this video:

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks Mtz, reading and understanding the pin-out is no problem, as well as measuring the orig cable, but if possible i would already order some connectors before the C1 arrives.

Sure that the C1 uses the same connector as the #18?

Its not clear to see from the pics:
4a7279_a8ee2762f114444e6d8a010a3b76fa97.jpg_srz_p_400_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Seems that this one might fit:
$T2eC16hHJGEFFm0llEdbBRvRgL2BN!~~60_1.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/180536718400

Take your time and look carefully at the picture.
You will understand the pinouts if you will take it easy. But you need to have the original Innovv cable because the MiniUSB connector is not standard and is almost impossible to buy it from normal stores.
Watch also this video:
enjoy,
Mtz
If indeed they still use that awful 8-pin non-standard USB connector, then they apparently haven't been listening to all the criticism and have opted to use the simplest solution for the developer.
The 8-pin non standard plugs are widely available in China. They are not EU conform and they are not available as right-angled solder plugs. If it's true that they have used these connectors, then it's a big design blunder, IMO.
Very disappointing....

I have a question about exposure stepping. Is that remarkable. On the Mobius you can clearly see the autoexposure stepping. I think the best would be autoexposure "dimming". More better: Hardly noticable autoexposure adjustments and stable (i. e. non flickering) brightness and colour.

Sure that the C1 uses the same connector as the #18?
Yes, it is same as #18, and the new AV cable is included in the packaging. Innovv C1 Blue packaging.jpg

they apparently haven't been listening to all the criticism and have opted to use the simplest solution for the developer.

Hi Isoprop, I admire Mobius having you in support.
For sure, all of your criticisms are welcome, that will drive me working hardly.

I have a question about exposure stepping. Is that remarkable. On the Mobius you can clearly see the autoexposure stepping. I think the best would be autoexposure "dimming". More better: Hardly noticable autoexposure adjustments and stable (i. e. non flickering) brightness and colour.

You need a smooth change, right?

First of all, congrats to the color settings. The colors seem to be more realistic than the Mobius colors, orange and skin tone don't seem to be oversaturated. I think you have done a better job on that.
But I also see the exposure stepping on the Innovv C1 videos.
Please search on Google for "Gopro exposure stepping" and you will see for many people it was a very big issue on the Hero 2 (not on Hero1), they solved it after user feedback and even a petition.

You need a smooth change, right?
Yes, a smooth change, right.
Spreading a big step to several smaller steps.
Smaller steps in as many shorter intervals as possible.
If possible, not noticable steps.
That would be very pleasand and stand out from the competition.

Last edited:
Yoolee, Happy to see you are making the detailed introduction on exposure stepping.
Your support helps C1 to be even better.

The New FW and GUI are introduced just now.
http://www.innovv.com/#!specification/ccn9

Please have a first test on new released FW and GUI settings as well as exposure stepping,
The next updating will be made base on people's comment and the guys findings.

The Hardware is finished, but Firmware upgrading is beginning.

Last time posted the C1 on helmet, and received emails for how it looks on bike.
Here theyInnovv C1 Silver-Bike.jpg are.
Innovv C1 Black-Bike.jpg Innovv C1 Blue-Bike.jpg Innovv C1 Gold-Bike.jpg

Back