Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I just hope for all you people that are awaiting the delivery of the rear view cam for the 512 that the Nextbase boffins thinking on it is not the same as the Halfords boffins. Being in the mirror image format, as required for a reversing cam, the Halfords offering is about as much use as tits on a fish as a rear view dashcam with no suggestion that they are going to flip it. They possibly will when they get enough complaints though.

I just hope for all you people that are awaiting the delivery of the rear view cam for the 512 that the Nextbase boffins thinking on it is not the same as the Halfords boffins. .

I can't see them doing that, they've been at it long enough to not make stupid mistakes

But apparently, Halfords boffin can't see that there is anything wrong with a mirror image according to the 'dash cam expert' in my local shop who spent quite a bit of time and effort into phoning suppliers/manufacturers about it when I complained.
It might just make a little bit of sense if it had parking guide lines on it:ROFLMAO:

Hearing from a Halfords fitter fresh out of the NextBase training that the rear camera has cleared all hurdles and s on it's way. He could not give a date, but I expect May

I just hope for all you people that are awaiting the delivery of the rear view cam for the 512 that the Nextbase boffins thinking on it is not the same as the Halfords boffins. Being in the mirror image format, as required for a reversing cam, the Halfords offering is about as much use as tits on a fish as a rear view dashcam with no suggestion that they are going to flip it. They possibly will when they get enough complaints though.

I can 100% reassure you and other customers that the rear cam for the 512GW does not experience this problem of the image being flipped. I, of course don't know what is/isn't supposed to happen with Halfords rear cam model, I definitely recommend contacting their Technical Support if you feel something isn't right.

We did have a delay when ensuring the Rear Cam causes as little interference as possible within the vehicle and its now been achieved.

For this I am of course extremely sorry, I know I can say this on behalf of Nextbase for the delays that have been experienced too.

Now I have the good news (I wanted to ensure it's 100% correct before posting): the product is landing in our distribution centre 15th May, our Technical Support Centre will then soon after receive stock to enable us to distribute to the customers on my (ever growing) list.

I'll subsequently be contacting everyone who has asked for a Rear Cam or to be notified of its release over the next fortnight.

Last edited:
I, of course don't know what is/isn't supposed to happen with Halfords rear cam model, I definitely recommend contacting their Technical Support if you feel something isn't right.
Thanks for the suggestion but I went one better than that Tiffany. I returned it as not fit for purpose.

Silly question time .....

If some have issues with most models due to underspec slow SDcards then will this setup of 2 connected cams presumably chucking 2 lots concurrently onto 1 card be more problematic.

Or doesn't it work that way.

If some have issues with most models due to underspec slow SDcards then will this setup of 2 connected cams presumably chucking 2 lots concurrently onto 1 card be more problematic.

In a word yes - less "time" can be stored on the card at a time therefore more rewrite cycles. More maintenance/formatting, or a larger card would be required.

It's similar to the DUO HD where it's recording two separate 1080p files onto the card.

My local Halfords staff don't know how to SPELL May, let alone tell us when the cam's gonna be in stock!

We did have a delay when ensuring the Rear Cam causes as little interference as possible within the vehicle and its now been achieved.

For this I am of course extremely sorry, I know I can say this on behalf of Nextbase for the delays that have been experienced too.

Now I have the good news (I wanted to ensure it's 100% correct before posting): the product is landing in our distribution centre 15th May, our Technical Support Centre will then soon after receive stock to enable us to distribute to the customers on my (ever growing) list.

I'll subsequently be contacting everyone who has asked for a Rear Cam or to be notified of its release over the next fortnight.
Can I also be added to the list for stock ASAP please Tiffany?

I really want to get this sorted as it's gone on long enough.

I don't really have any other option than to stick with the situation.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Why on earth did you quote my message. It is irrelevant to your post?o_O

Why on earth did you quote my message. It is irrelevant to your post?o_O
It was because I quoted Tiffany's post which contained your post. Meant to edit but was in a rush.
There you go I've now edited the post does that make you happier lol

Good to hear that the rear cam is now close. Quite a bit of interest so plenty should be sold.

Can't recall if I asked to be added to the list Tiffany. If not could I be added to the other interested parties please.

Thanks Tiffany, from all the interest it sounds like the demand will be quite high. Hope there are lots in the initial rollout.

Back