Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

Antoeknee

Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Tiffany, from all the interest it sounds like the demand will be quite high. Hope there are lots in the initial rollout.

Bubz

Country
United Kingdom
I can 100% reassure you and other customers that the rear cam for the 512GW does not experience this problem of the image being flipped. I, of course don't know what is/isn't supposed to happen with Halfords rear cam model, I definitely recommend contacting their Technical Support if you feel something isn't right.

We did have a delay when ensuring the Rear Cam causes as little interference as possible within the vehicle and its now been achieved.

For this I am of course extremely sorry, I know I can say this on behalf of Nextbase for the delays that have been experienced too.

Now I have the good news (I wanted to ensure it's 100% correct before posting): the product is landing in our distribution centre 15th May, our Technical Support Centre will then soon after receive stock to enable us to distribute to the customers on my (ever growing) list.

I'll subsequently be contacting everyone who has asked for a Rear Cam or to be notified of its release over the next fortnight.
Tiffany, could I please be added to the list, I've been patiently waiting on this camera ever since I purchased the 512GW in June 2017.

Mark12

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Next Base 512GW
Hi Tiffany, can I please be added to your list too... I have been patiently waiting and checking this thread ever since I got my 512GW in November 2017 :)

Country
United Kingdom
@NextBase Tiffany

Just a question regarding the rear cam.

With the time lapse function on the main camera will the rear also be in time lapse function or will that just record as normal?

Not used the time lapse function yet but may want to in the future and just wondered what the score is with the rear camera in that scenario?

Thanks.

Country
United Kingdom
For info, received this e-mail from Sales & Marketing Support today:

Yes, we are receiving stock of the 512GW Rear Cam by the end of the week.

This will soon be available to purchase via our website. We will shortly be sending out an email to those on the 512GW Rear Cam mailing list for details on how to purchase.

Fingers crossed!

Country
United Kingdom
At the risk of sounding like an echo, could I also be added to the mailing list?! :LOL: With a couple of the close calls I've had with tailgaters and bad drivers recently, I'm eagerly anticipating the rear camera!!

Country
United Kingdom
Jeez, this thread has been going on about this elusive rear cam for ever. Please ask the Chinese to get their fingers out...
I'm sure "Autumn" has been and gone twice since the thread started.

It’s due out in the Autumn, here’s some info:

The resolution will be 1080p,
It’ll record the data onto the SD card inside the 512GW,
It will take power from the 512GW,
It will cost around £50-£70.