Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

My tailgate window is factory privacy glass and when I look through my rear view mirror I see normally as if it is not, I would think the camera would also do the same.
If you have tint wrap, well that's a different matter.

Add me to the list.
Thanks

Wouldn't it be nice of Nextbase to give anyone on the mailing list a discount for all being so loyal and patient.

Been following this thread for a while. Any news on when it may make it's way into the hands of Halfords? I've been holding off getting the 512GW for while waiting for this as I'd like to get it all in one hit. Wouldn't mind being added to the mailing list if that's how info about this will be disseminated.

I don't know about loyal, I'm just wanting the setup that I was told I would have within 'a month or so' when I bought the main unit. Have got another car in the fold this week & I'll be looking elsewhere.
You're right though, a goodwill gesture would be some compensation for this foul up.

Hey all

I got this reply back from Nextbase today.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 65
Never knew they were based in Caerphilly! That's near where I used to live. But that's rather neat, I'll keep that number to order on the 26th :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Skobbels - thanks for the info! Let's hope that date doesn't get put back.

Hey all

I got this reply back from Nextbase today.

Don't hold your breath... "I have your user name on my desk here @XXXXXXXXXXc ready to message you once its released.

Its in the final testing stages now, all is looking well for October." That was from September 2017.

Technical Support Engineer
Nextbase UK https://www.nextbase.co.uk/

Has anybody actually rung the number and asked them if this information is correct ?

Nextbase stated on their Facebook page, DATED 23/05/18 "landing in the UK Friday! " (y)(y)

Now you're over the "me too" email stage, you're all behaving like a load of 5 year old kids on Christmas eve waiting for The Nextbase fairy to arrive. Now all you need to do is find out which airport and go and wave at the plane :p

Just had the following reply from Nextbase:

Hello,
Thank you for your email and also taking the time to email us about your question.

WE are awaiting the delivery of the 512GW rear cams now and we will update you once we have them for sale.
James
Technical Support Engineer

Not sure I want one now, but if I do buy one it will be later this year October-ish but then I could wait until next spring-ish or summer 2019-ish. who knows. ;)

I think Tiffany is avoiding making any more promises so as not to upset people further.

The last info she released was that they were landing with them on the 15th of May. She didn't release that info until she was sure it was correct.

Sadly yet again someone at nextbase is giving out bad information as they clearly have not landed with nextbase on the 15th and they are still awaiting delivery.

Honestly I will be surprised if we can actually purchase them on the 26th to be totally honest.

This saga has been a **** up from start to finish and I hope nextbase learn a valuable lesson from this saga. Though I doubt it. Promises made and broken time and time again.

This discount better be something special, by autumn when the 512GW will be 18 months old the rear camera will have reduced in price just as the other models have.

What I can't understand is how they released a camera with the ability to connect a rear camera without it being available. Looks like they've tried to make a square fit into a circle. Surely at the design stage they would need a rear camera to make sure the hardware can accept a 2nd camera in the first place. If both cameras were designed at the same time there wouldn't have been so many issues to overcome.

This discount better be something special, by autumn when the 512GW will be 18 months old the rear camera will have reduced in price just as the other models have.

What I can't understand is how they released a camera with the ability to connect a rear camera without it being available. Looks like they've tried to make a square fit into a circle. Surely at the design stage they would need a rear camera to make sure the hardware can accept a 2nd camera in the first place. If both cameras were designed at the same time there wouldn't have been so many issues to overcome.
Unless I've missed something there has been no mention of nextbase offering a discounted price on the rear camera. Mind they need the camera in the first place to even have the ability to chose to discount the price.

Back