Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I'm not sure if I'm on the list but for the amount of time I've been following this conversation I need to be!! Please can I be on the list too?

Last edited:
All fun and games at NextBase

Currently the recorded files are duplicated Hi and Lo resolutions without the option to remove one of the files meaning the SD cards fill up faster. The idea last year was for the second location to be avaiable for the rear view camera files but as we all know that is still nowhere to be seen. As I understand it from another thread on this forum the latest 512GWs have been released with new software 17.9 to allow the option of turning off the recording of the dual files, this is not an option on the website which still has 15.8 as the latest version.

Does the left hand not talk to the right hand so that everyone knows what is going on.

Hmm, not doubting the poster but this is first time we've heard of this version of the FW.

Hi Everyone, New poster but I've been keeping an eye on this for a while as i have a 512GW.

Emailed the sales team yesterday and got the below back.

"Hello,

It will be available to purchase via our tech support team by the end of the week.

Please contact them on 02920 866429 and they can assist.

Thanks"

+ 1 for the mailing list please @NextBase Tiffany

Hmm, not doubting the poster but this is first time we've heard of this version of the FW.

just thought i would let you know i have a new 512 and it comes with firmware 17.9 and it does have the option to turn off dual files
for some reason the latest firmware on the nextbase website still says 15.8

I have sent an email to tech support asking for confirmation.

Can Tiff any explain why the R17.9 firmware update is not available on Nextbase support/downloads page (at time of this post) for the rest of the 512 GW users who would like the option to switch off dual files, or is last year's 512GW not compatible.

Presumably this FW will be necessary when rear cam is used.

"It will be available to purchase via our tech support team by the end of the week."

This word has more than one meaning where the rear cam is concerned, ordering and receiving might not happen at the same time!

This word has more than one meaning where the rear cam is concerned, ordering and receiving might not happen at the same time!
Err, surly that's a given. If I order something, except digital download, then there is always a difference between ordering and receiving.

I think that DashcamDPR meant order now and then wait a long time for delivery.:eek:

Ahh, my bad missed that inference. Let's hope that isn't the case anyway.

Ahh, my bad missed that inference. Let's hope that isn't the case anyway.

Yeah, rather than waiting your typical "couple of days for postage" it's possibly gonna be more like 2 months (years?) with the way Nextbase have handled this whole rear cam situation!

Back