Mobius Maxi Support Thread

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
There is a general Mobius Maxi support thread at RCGroups The Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Dashcam-specific issues should be discussed here at DCT.

Mobius Maxi Manual and mSetup Software are available here thanks to @Isoprop
Further information can be found in RCG which will always be kept up-to-date.

Maxi FW is available from RCG at this page: Camera Configuration and Firmware
The latest FW version is V2.40 - released 09-01-2020

Last edited:
There is a general Mobius Maxi support thread at RCGroups The Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Dashcam-specific issues should be discussed here at DCT. I can relay questions and suggestions back to the developer if necessary.

Ask them if I can trade one of the completely useless M2 cameras I wasted so much of my time and money on and that are now sitting idle in my drawer towards a new Mobius Maxi.

Last edited:

Dashcam-specific issues should be discussed here at DCT. I can relay questions and suggestions back to the developer if necessary.

The Mobius developer has been closely monitoring these threads since day one here on DCT and since about two years prior to that on RCGroups so he would already know what questions people have and everything else that is said here. I understand that the developer maintains a stealthy passive membership here on DCT that he never posts to, probably for the ability to view uploaded images and to receive notice of posts to watched threads.

Tom Frank makes it clear that he does not want dashcam-related queries in his RCG thread. Therefore I created this discussion thread to give Maxi owners a place to ask dashcam-specific questions.

The developer may indeed be reading all the questions in the various Mobius sub-forums, but it has been users like you & I (and many others) who have been responding to those questions.

Tom Frank makes it clear that he does not want dashcam-related queries in his RCG thread. Therefore I created this discussion thread to give Maxi owners a place to ask dashcam-specific questions.

The developer may indeed be reading all the questions in the various Mobius sub-forums, but it has been users like you & I (and many others) who have been responding to those questions.

I'm just pointing out that the developer already knows the questions without needing you to relay them. As to whether those questions ever get an adequate answer, well, we know how that goes.

Wonder if capacitor from previous Mobius camera would work? Looks like current listing on Ebay is battery. Tried to contact seller but option to contact was not available.

The Maxi uses the same PCB connector for battery / capacitor as the Mini, which is slightly smaller than the Mobius 1 & 2 connector. I think it is mx rather than mcpx, but I could be wrong.

The Maxi has a 950mAh battery, which is more than the 820mAh battery in the Mobius 1. There will be a new capacitor available soon with the required connector.

Last edited:
The Maxi uses the same PCB connector for battery / capacitor as the Mini, which is slightly smaller than the Mobius 1 & 2 connector. I think it is mx rather than mcpx, but I could be wrong.

The Maxi has a 950mAh battery, which is more than the 820mAh battery in the Mobius 1. There will be a new capacitor available soon with the required connector.

That just answered my question.

One thing I've always found curious though, is why do Mobius always sell the cameras with battery and capacitor as an accessory? Wouldn't it make sense to offer it at the point of sale with either? Presumably there could be either 2 versions, or 1 version and the retailer just slips in the battery or capacitor as appropriate before dispatch.

That just answered my question.

One thing I've always found curious though, is why do Mobius always sell the cameras with battery and capacitor as an accessory? Wouldn't it make sense to offer it at the point of sale with either? Presumably there could be either 2 versions, or 1 version and the retailer just slips in the battery or capacitor as appropriate before dispatch.

The Mobius has always been sold with the battery included and the super-capacitor module as optional accessory. This was in part because the camera was initially introduced as an RC camera and later found a following as a dash cam. The capacitor was something they came up with later. I could see the attraction for the Maxi being offered with either the cap or the battery at the initial point of sale but that could be an issue (i.e. hassle) for production and sales.

Last edited:
Just wondered as well from an accessory lens pov, if Mobius have published the sensor size (physical not mp) yet.

Do I read correct? Connector is same as Mobius Mini? So... if the cap comes out for the Maxi, it could be used in the Mini too? Just brainstorming here.....

Do I read correct? Connector is same as Mobius Mini? So... if the cap comes out for the Maxi, it could be used in the Mini too? Just brainstorming here.....

why would you need one for the Mini though, it only runs 20 minutes or so before getting too hot to use so not really like you'd be running it for long periods to be a problem for batteries

I think the problem might be fitting the supercaps inside the Mini's tiny case. Still, there could be some interesting DIY possibilities. Maybe it could run cooler with an alternative housing or just run as a bare circuit board?

why would you need one for the Mini though, it only runs 20 minutes or so before getting too hot to use so not really like you'd be running it for long periods to be a problem for batteries

right, the heat issue.... forgot about that, and the mini is smaller too of couse....

Like I said, just brainstorming, in my case smaller really is better for me...

Besides, I believe night performance of the mini isn't that superduper either, right?

I've never looked at the night video from the Mini so not really sure how it is, the Maxi looks ok for night video though, appreciate that you prefer a smaller cam but the regular Mobius size is still pretty small anyway

Indeed dont get much smaller for head on size, and a cameras size in any other angle / direction i can live with.

I would take a camera thats 15 x 15 X 100 MM if need be, i dont plan on headbutting the thing on my windscreen, only ! such a long camera would be problematic if you wanted to use it as a side camera.

I think the problem might be fitting the supercaps inside the Mini's tiny case. Still, there could be some interesting DIY possibilities. Maybe it could run cooler with an alternative housing or just run as a bare circuit board?
Quite a few RC users run the Mini without a battery and just a cable from the onboard power supply. Obviously that is no good if you want the security of saving the last recording when external power is lost.

Back