GPS no longer working...

Just a last update from me:

Conkim GPS mount got lost in customs (another $30 down the drain since for AliExpress that's not the seller's fault) and personally I became so fed up with this piece of crap trashcam that today I undid the wiring and threw it out of my car.

Will buy something else in the future and you will probably see me pop up in the specific subforum after I do.

Take care and drive safely.

Peace!

Hello all
Just registered and installed mini 0906 for the past 3 days. GPS issue.

Anyone got any workaround for the gps thing? Maybe mod it to connect to external antenna or something?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Maybe problem in cable, that is used for connecting GPS to power board in mount. I have opened mount and cable was break down. Can someone open mount and write here, to which pins on power board is GPS connected? Thanks.

my replacement gps sent by seller works well tho :)

it seems there are faulty GPS Units, also in Germany there are GPS Issues. And fixing only done by exchange GPS Part.

Hello, here from Czech Republic. Bought my 0906 in january, but most of the time, it was sitting in the passengers closet, as it is plagued by few kinds of malfunction:
If the rear camera USB cable is fully connected to the main camera, the camera gots bricked or resets right away. And I also got GPS working only for few weeks, then it stopped working, but I didn´t bother.
Except for fear of resets, at least it records the image. I was thinking buying second piece, but if that didn´t work either, It would be too much money thrown out of the window.
The front glass sticker didn´t stick very well, so I glued the GPS to the sticker on the front window with the kyanoacrylate glue. Now I´m too lazy to take it down. Grrrrrr....

Last edited:
Hi there. My first (defective) cam was ordered at the start of february and the following issues appeared 1) dead gps unit (badly soldered gps joint) 2) head unit resetting (badly soldered capacitor joint) 3) blurry image (badly focused lens). Now I have a new unit that is ok (arrived at start of the may) and it was a quite tough case regarding the replacement (waiting for new production set and wasting of some money)... Earlier production sets had the problem with (badly shielded) rear cable but it was not my case. Try to contact your retailer and I think your issues will be familiar for them... Btw I had the problem with the sticker when I used the extra mount wedge (one side is non adhesive)

Hello. I tried to contact the seller. They´re quite positive about the solution (still waiting for decisions), but if they decide I have to return the camera, I wonder if I just don´t give it to mum, who doesn´t really need GPS, and also I wouldn´t hesitate to open the camera to repair possible poor joints. The more I play with it, the more I believe it is something wrong with the USB connection. Not the cable, not the camera internals, except for connectors. We´ll see.

Hello,

I too am having GPS issues and have checked to see if I have satellite connection and have gone to the GPS screen and have No bars showing any satellites.
I bought the unit in April of 2018 from amazon, but recently mounted it in a vehicle 2 months ago and the GPS mount won't receive GPS signal. I have also done the firmware update and still no GPS signal. I have found replacement mounts on amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075LK6BDD , but these would take a while to come in. I do believe I need a new GPS mount and want to make sure that it is a good replacement and not a junked one. thank you in advance

that may be caused by a new warm heart worker in our factory.
He was soldering the connectors very quick, much more than our expectation.

when we get the GPS fault feedbacks from user, we start research what happened,
then we found there are some GPS connectors are cold solder joint.
we traced the problem source then found the warm heart worker,
he is very proud of his operating speed, but, careless.......

as hundreds GPS mount soldered by him have been released to distributors,
and it is very hard to identify without take every mount apart,
we have to replace the un-functional mounts for end users.

that is not the worker's fault, but our fault. Bad monitoring on operating.
we will take the responsibility.
Responsible company!

How can I enter the GPS Status page as seen on the photos from user "mao"?

I received a new GPS antenna, because my old was not receiving a signal anymore.

I would like to take a look at the PCB inside. Does anybody know how to get the PCB out, it is pinched with two plastic pins and the camera connections itself?

Back