Pics that make you smile

The Bear story was about an hour north of here, and totally true. It's the woods and the hills and Mother Nature, and you learn to deal with it. He was lucky it wasn't a hidden skunk :eek:

Phil

I like odd, strange and weird stuff, or at least unusual, and though I love my Yamaha XS650 I am looking around for a younger model.... and in my quest I found this (limit volume....!) :

:eek:

It's Brasil's attempt to create an South American continental supercruiser with the only suitable engine they could find, the VW 1600 from the Beetle....

You will understand, NOW I GOTTA HAVE ONE..... Only problem is (if I can find one...) it won't fit my shed....

Of course, they're so rare to find, I'd have to bring 15 grand to get my fingers on it.....

mesosad :(

Last edited:
It's Brasil's attempt to create an South American continental supercruiser with the only suitable engine they could find, the VW 1600 from the Beetle....

That actually looks pretty good... considering what they squeezed in.

He seemed to have trouble pulling away from the tit filming him though.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I like odd, strange and weird stuff, or at least unusual....

Yeah, me too. But you don't want this bike. It's been around for decades and is reputed to have rotten handling, low power, poor mileage, poor reliability, and a tendency to overheat. It was first done as a one-off way to create the largest engine sized bike, then went into limited and sporadic production. If you can find one, the same money can get you a rotary engined Norton which is a more modern and better bike in every way with most parts still being readily available, and you will positively have the only one around as not many of these were made. The later water-cooled versions are best but I like the looks of the first model better.
Commander pic

Phil

Yeah, me too. But you don't want this bike. It's been around for decades and is reputed to have rotten handling, low power, poor mileage, poor reliability, and a tendency to overheat. It was first done as a one-off way to create the largest engine sized bike, then went into limited and sporadic production. If you can find one, the same money can get you a rotary engined Norton which is a more modern and better bike in every way with most parts still being readily available, and you will positively have the only one around as not many of these were made. The later water-cooled versions are best but I like the looks of the first model better.
Commander pic

Phil

Yeah, of course, it's obvious that there are many other, more sensible choices... But like I said in the first line of the post, it's odd, weird, strange and unusual.... Having said that (twice):

THIS MOTORCYCLE SCREAMS FOR MY ATTENTIOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!

(it needs mentiong though, that I will never be able to own one..... For SO MANY reasons, i.e. my old faithful XS650 will throw me off when it gets the feeling of becoming obsolete soon, and my wife, well.... Do I really need to say it... :censored:)

Electric cars aren't all bad.

That cop, he should not be in the front line,,,,, Ooooo no let the protesters think they have the upper hand, and then you release him. :devilish:

That cop, he should not be in the front line,,,,, Ooooo no let the protesters think they have the upper hand, and then you release him. :devilish:
Left hand: can of well shaken spray paint with the nozzle replaced by one from a long-stream wasp spray. Right hand: pepper spray or a legal equivalent for use after left hand is done. Now who wins? :devilish::cool:

I'm fully against random rioting, which is what most protests that get out of hand turn into, but I fully support targeted protests which are nonviolent and do not unduly affect the general public. All too often things get out of hand when the police deploy like this, which on its face is threatening and escalating violence. I no longer involve myself in such matters, but I think you can see that if I did, the outcomes would be far different ;) Subvert and overcome :mad:

Phil

O yes protesting in the right way are a must, it is very important to do so, or "they" will run amok.
And those anarchists / looters should not be allowed to ruin a good protest, i really hate what they do to democracy.
And the police have to be careful too, they really dropped the ball when the Chinese PM was on visit here and some people ( a few handful ) protested by waving the Tibetan flag on the sidewalk and bicycle paths, the the police took those flags which was a down right violation of our constitution.
The cops really have to be on the ball here, so disappointing :oops: the way they dropped the ball that day, any kid should know you are allowed to wave any flag any place any time.

Last edited:
O yes protesting in the right way are a must, it is very important to do so, or "they" will run amok.
And those anarchists / looters should not be allowed to ruin a good protest, i really hate what they do to democracy.
And the police have to be careful too, they really dropped the ball when the Chinese PM was on visit here and some people ( a few handful ) protested by waving the Tibetan flag on the sidewalk and bicycle paths, the the police took those flags which was a down right violation of our constitution.
The cops really have to be on the ball here, so disappointing :oops: the way they dropped the ball that day, any kid should know you are allowed to wave any flag any place any time.

Freedom of speech is an illusion... democracy :giggle::censored:

True freedom of speech can occur, but only when equally paired with one being held responsible for what one says. It has to be an equal balance throughout the whole process, and equal punishments meted out to anyone wrongfully restricting that freedom. Since this never happens you can now see why there is such a problem with it.

I carry it further. When our President will be travelling on the road in front of your home, you are not allowed to be near a window above the ground floor of your home, ostensibly for the President's security. WTF right do they have to tell you how to act in your own home if you have shown no signs of intending to do something wrong? But like stormtroopers they will ignore your rights and haul you away anytime they want to because they know that they can almost never be punished for doing anything wrong, and if indeed they do get tasked with their intentional errors they will rarely receive more than a tongue-lashing while you or I would rot in jail for a similar offense against them.

No real balance means no real freedom. I was born in America but now I live in Amerika and I haven't relocated. I have no rights Comrade, nor do you.

Phil

At some point, we should realise that even tolerance has it's limits.

(Got that from Jerry Seinfeld, who said: "Should we really be thàt tolerant, that we tolerate intolerance and [violent] prejudice?)

WTF right do they have to tell you how to act in your own home if you have shown no signs of intending to do something wrong?

Good point, but should we not realise that the worst crimes against society are committed by those who were never a thread before?

I believe that's about a balance we will most likely never find.

I have no rights Comrade, nor do you.

I believe we have the right to remain silent? ;)

My old scientific calculator (Casio fx-82SX FRACTION) ran out of his first battery power after some 25 years (beat that, smartphone!), so I opened the case to replace the button battery, or so I thought....

Look what I found......
IMG_20180902_142751040.jpg
animated-3d-smiley-image-0010.png

I always found it a little heavy, but never really thought it through, now I know why.....

PS before you guys start b@tchin about the batteries show were'nt available in 1993, these are the new replacements, these are the old ones:
IMG_20180902_144435982.jpg

I just also found my school Sharp EL-506P whitch has been running the original 1983 botton batteries..... remarkable that a 10 year yonger calculator bounched back to standard big AA batteries.....

IMG_20180902_145245308.jpgIMG_20180902_145317978.jpg

Last edited:
That's nothing. There are "solar powered" calculators where the "solar cell" isn't even wired up. Calculators run on magic!
(Plus a conventional battery for when it's dark!)

That's nothing. There are "solar powered" calculators where the "solar cell" isn't even wired up. Calculators run on magic!
(Plus a conventional battery for when it's dark!)

ooohhwww snap!! Hahahahaha ya, looks like it...!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back