Gapi's Viofo A129 Duo Review

85%? WoW if its that dark factory or applied film I can see it, but the Viofo CPL blocking 50%? Not the Viofo ones I run? Am I missing something?

My review took up the maximum allowed text characters 999, so I will continue reporting in replies.

I have been experimenting with WDR and when asking around no ones seems to have a definitive answer as to when to or not to enable it.

I have found running WDR at night increases visible noise as it sees the need to help out the darker areas so I answered my question there.
I ran it in bright sunlight today and the short test demonstrated an advantage in the scenario below.

I made two trips and with WDR disabled as I before I passed under the shaded pump canopy the brick wall was washed out to white, and as I moved towards it and had less shade in the frame the camera adjusted.
This Is A Clip of WDR (63MB) enabled and the difference is the Brick Wall did not go full white, close, but not totally washed out, and the shaded area was brighter. So I am seeing a benefit in good light.

85%? WoW if its that dark factory or applied film I can see it, but the Viofo CPL blocking 50%? Not the Viofo ones I run? Am I missing something?
the CPL filter provided by Viofo is adjustable that's why it's made rounded and not squared. it has the darkest side at 0 degrees and the lightest side at 180 degrees. if you set the filter at 45 degrees counter clockwise (as recommended) you still have 3/4 of 180 degrees or 75% blocked incoming light just by CPL filter. add to it 75% - 85% tint and at night or in a low light conditions you'll see not much behind your car.
smile3.gif

if you set the darkest side of the CPL filter at 90 degrees counter clockwise it will block 50% of the incoming light.

Geeese. In a dsh cam application its not adjustable as much as its correctable. There is only one correct way to run it and its to cancel dash reflections, not adjust for light amount.
But its a free country.

Geeese. In a dsh cam application its not adjustable as much as its correctable. There is only one correct way to run it and its to cancel dash reflections, not adjust for light amount.
But its a free country.
of course it is.
so, you have your CPL filter set at the darkest level? may I see a picture of your video in a low light conditions, please.

It seems you have not read the original post or you wouldn't have to ask.
This is a thread on the review of the A129Duo. You are kind of polluting it.
The links below were posted in the beginning thread.
I don't know what you are trying to prove but the CPL's supplied by Viofo have the intended purpose to cancel or minimize dash reflections.

Here is a with and without CPF demo VIDEO 38MB
A Front Cam Total Darkness Example. 52MB

Back