Views on reliability.

My take on the reliability of the Mobius Maxi is that the problems people are reporting are primarily firmware related and hopefully these issues will be resolved. (or maybe a bad memory card or cable) As for the hardware, there is every indication that the Maxi is as well built and physically reliable as its predecessor the Mobius 1. It's important to make a distinction between these two factors. With so many of the cameras I've had experience with over the years, it's the hardware that fails sooner or later, but not the Mobius.

Last edited:
Is there away you could add another heatsink in so that might help.

I'm sorry. WiFi + recording is not yet available. It is something I have been testing lately.

Your issue sounds more like a card problem than anything heat-related.

thanks, i'm going to replace the card

thanks, i'm going to replace the card
It's worth a try. If you get the same result, then it's possibly something else.

Some cameras can be fussy about the brand or type of card. I have a different camera that did not like my Samsung EVO+ cards, but they work just fine for me in the Maxi.

@tomerrr @Harsh
What loop duration are you using?
Are you both recording at 2.7k extreme quality?

I always use 1 minute duration, mostly because I prefer smaller files for testing and if I need to upload anything.

Someone else was using 3min and had lock up problems, then switched to 1min and that seemed to fix his issues. I can try 3min to see if I experience the same problem.

If you're not already using 1 minute loop duration it might be worth trying.

Someone else was using 3min and had lock up problems, then switched to 1min and that seemed to fix his issues.
This is the thread that I was thinking of

One thing I do not like that is not fixable is the size of the files when recording at 2.7k. Due to the chipset used the video files are larger than I think they should be.

One thing I do not like that is not fixable is the size of the files when recording at 2.7k. Due to the chipset used the video files are larger than I think they should be.
Yes, the chipset cannot encode that resolution in h264. It uses less efficient mjpg hence the bitrate is rather high for what you get.

I'm using 1080p 60, 5 minutes clips.

I'm using 1080p 60, 5 minutes clips.
How large are those files?
I'm wondering if the Maxi struggles with loop recording and large files. The largest I use are around 400MB.

I see you got Maxi fixed and another good video.

thanks, don't know if it's actually fixed as it ran on cooler temperatures at evening. hopefully no more lock ups with the different sd
i'm not too happy about the video quality though, for example, i can't seem to read cars registration plates at the above video. any suggestion how to improve ?

At lease it working. If your asking me your asking the wrong person.

thanks, don't know if it's actually fixed as it ran on cooler temperatures at evening. hopefully no more lock ups with the different sd
i'm not too happy about the video quality though, for example, i can't seem to read cars registration plates at the above video. any suggestion how to improve ?
Most cameras will struggle to pick out licence plates in those dark conditions. Even my Viofo A129 with a more light-sensitive IMX291 sensor would record most plates as a blur.

I notice your bitrate was 21Mbps. Try running the camera at a higher bitrate to see if that resolves more detail. Personally I prefer 2704x1524 to 1920x1080 - some detail seems to get lost in the video resizing, whereas 2.7k is close to the native sensor resolution.

I'm currently using 32GB card , what card should i get for stepping up the resolution to 2.7K ?

I'm currently using 32GB card , what card should i get for stepping up the resolution to 2.7K ?
That depends on how long you want to record on a card.

I use 64GB cards in mine, which is about enough for two days of driving to work and back at half an hour each way. I don't use it to record when I'm parked.

in term of best card that works with the Maxi, which one should i get?

Back