Views on reliability.

I try to download your video but it would not save.

you should be able to save from a desktop browser

I run Linux off of a 8gb thumb drive and it almost full. I download the video and try and save it so then I try it again and try to save it on my Windows 7 Hard Drive and it didn't work. I know it should work because I do it all the time. So I don't know what is wrong.

I just downloaded the video and it was a very nice video. I will look for more from you if you upload any more.

I live in Tripoli Libya from 1959-1965 at the Air Force Base and would like to get video from Libya to bring back memories.

I live in Tripoli Libya from 1959-1965 at the Air Force Base and would like to get video from Libya to bring back memories.
are you referring to my video mate? it's from Israel near where i live:)

i've experienced my first Maxi (with capacitor installed) failure today -
it got a little hot, maybe 18c outside. left the maxi and mobius1 recording in the car (using BlackVue power magic box which turns power off in battery is going under 12v - works great) and left it for about 20 minutes or so.
when i got back, just started driving and then noticed no red blinking light on the Maxi . got home to find out, the Maxi wasn't recording at all during this time and found the last recording not saved correctly, from the time the car was standing.
during this time i felt the maxi is quite hot and that wifi was breaking after some time. couldn't download the last bad recording as it would fail (using wifi) at the end. decided to format the sd.
brought the camera back home, i'm currently testing it with a power bank until tomorrow with constant recording.

The wifi chip generates heat so best to turn wifi off when parked in the heat so that the cam runs a bit cooler.

Phil

the wifi wasn't on when i parked, it was recording until it stopped for some reason i still haven't figured out

the wifi wasn't on when i parked, it was recording until it stopped for some reason i still haven't figured out
I am getting worry about the Maxi. This is the second Maxi heard about.

@TonyM are you familiar with the freeze up I described above (after some recording while getting hot)?

@TonyM are you familiar with the freeze up I described above (after some recording while getting hot)?
I have 2x Maxi for testing purposes. Neither of them lock up after a period of continuous recording. The only failures to record I have observed were related to auto-record on startup, and mostly with beta FW whilst trying to fix the startup issues.

thanks, i'm using auto record on startup . could heat also be the issue?

thanks, i'm using auto record on startup . could heat also be the issue?
I suppose so. I don't live in a hot country, but the Maxi worked OK last summer when it was 30degC outside. I don't leave it recording when parked during the day, or leave WiFi on when recording.

i didn't know you can leave WIFI on during recording..? the minute i press the record button in the app, the Maxi WIFI network is gone.
anyway, it wasn't that hot outside, but i did leave it running for about 20 minutes. during that time, it froze. never had any issue with Mobius1 when I left it recording .
Does the Maxi have any temp. probe which could shut it off above a certain temperature ?

i didn't know you can leave WIFI on during recording..? the minute i press the record button in the app, the Maxi WIFI network is gone.
anyway, it wasn't that hot outside, but i did leave it running for about 20 minutes. during that time, it froze. never had any issue with Mobius1 when I left it recording .
Does the Maxi have any temp. probe which could shut it off above a certain temperature ?
I'm sorry. WiFi + recording is not yet available. It is something I have been testing lately.

Your issue sounds more like a card problem than anything heat-related.

Back