Buffered Parking mode

It "records" but doesn't save footage - buffered will be able to get you footage now, just the previous 15 seconds before an event detection.

Yeah, my 23-yeard old JMU computer sciences major just explained it to me about an hour ago. LOL

Until now evertyhing ok. But it will be nice if Viofo create an option for low bit recording on buffered parking mode event.
If use low bitrate, it will save more seconds before the event, we thought 15s before the event is enough?

If use low bitrate, it will save more seconds before the event, we thought 15s before the event is enough?

I think 15 seconds is good, blackvue buffered only does 5 seconds prior and 1 minute after. 15-30 and 30 after is a good medium

Great concept but its very buggy at the moment. Driving along it will just stop recording and then restart again. Look at the file sizes from my drive to the shops. Some clips are 6 - 10 seconds long at max.

Attachments

• parking.jpg
    parking.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 57
Great concept but its very buggy at the moment. Driving along it will just stop recording and then restart again. Look at the file sizes from my drive to the shops. Some clips are 6 - 10 seconds long at max.
May I know what settings do you need? Do you use hardwire kits, 2 wires or ACC hardwire kits?

May I know what settings do you need? Do you use hardwire kits, 2 wires or ACC hardwire kits?
I use the viofo 3 wire hardwire kit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Will trigger G-sensor collision and Motion both.

I'm checking tonight recording and RO folder contains 68GB of files, nothing important...

In that case the cam will not delete those files write?

When the card is full is there any warning?

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe the camera will beep, this is what it does if you don’t have the camera set to loop record when full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe the camera will beep, this is what it does if you don’t have the camera set to loop record when full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think your explanation is valir for files outside RO folder...

There must be a bug in buffered auto event detection: all the recording are going to RO folder. Today when i get to my car the dashcam was beeping saying memory error. Ive formatted the sdcard and changed to low bit rate recording parking mode.

Viofo, can you fix it?

Last edited:
There must be a bug in buffered auto event detection: all the recording are going to RO folder. Today when i get to my car the dashcam was beeping saying memory error. Ive formatted the sdcard and changed to low bit rate recording parking mode.

Viofo, can you fix it?
Normally the RO folder will only use the percentage of card capacity. We will do further checking about this.

Is it necessary to save motion detected files into RO folder while parking?

I would say no, only impact detection should end up in the RO folder. Something to consider would be the closing of a car door. Maybe impact detection should turned off for the first minute after engaging parking mode?

Normally the RO folder will only use the percentage of card capacity. We will do further checking about this.

The card was full and the cam doesn't delete these files because they are all in RO folder and they are locked

I think only impact detection recording should go to RO folder...

The card was full and the cam doesn't delete these files because they are all in RO folder and they are locked

I think only impact detection recording should go to RO folder...
We will do an adjustment and fix that bug in few days.

We will do an adjustment and fix that bug in few days.

Thanks!

It would be nice if you can lower the video quality to 4mbps on buffered parking mode to get more recording time.

Back