TOGUARD Mirror Mount

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a TOGUARD dash cam and rear view mirror from amazon. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that it’s primarily used to strap over your existing mirror.

I was wondering if anyone knew of mounts that I could purchase to attach on the new mirror for a more own look. I took down my old mirror hoping to detach the mount, but it seems like it’s heavily glued on or permantely attaches. Has anyone tried doing something like this? My own mirror is a Donnelly 011083. If I could detach that mount and reuse, it’d be perfect! Thanks in advance!!

TOGUARD Backup Camera 10" Mirror... https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07PFPJ2DJ

you won't mount that type of mirror as it's a universal type, not much available in model specific version that replace your existing mirror

I am in the same boat. Trying to think of anything to do. Have you thought of anything?

I'm getting mine tomorrow. When I have some spare time in September I will attempt to design a mount that can be printed to fit into the slot of a rearview mirror windshield attachment and fasten securely to the back of the 10" Toguard. Unfortunately, you would likely need to learn some Fusion 360 to adjust the windshield slot for your vehicle as I'm not sure if it's standard or not. Hopefully most vehicles use a standard or two at the most.

Then you can just take that design and send it to Shapeways or some other 3D printing service.

Were I to try this, I'd attempt to source a used factory mirror (or just it's mounting bracket) then adapt that to the cam. Perhaps then all it would take is some careful cutting and some epoxy to create a nice solid mount. And switching back to the factory mirror would be easy should you want to do that later on :cool:

Phil

I was wondering if anyone knew of mounts that I could purchase to attach on the new mirror for a more own look. I took down my old mirror hoping to detach the mount, but it seems like it’s heavily glued on or permantely attaches. Has anyone tried doing something like this? My own mirror is a Donnelly 011083. If I could detach that mount and reuse, it’d be perfect! Thanks in advance!!
You can purchase a special bracket for the interior mirror of the car and install (do it yourself) your dash.
You can see the samples on AliExpress or like here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07K1YJW9P or by searching something like this
DVR Holder Mount Bracket for Rearview Mirror Dash Cam
Bracket list Holder Support Rearview Mirror.jpg Bracket list Holder Support Rearview Mirror-2.jpg

Back