BlackVue Dash cam new firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
what version have you got and what camera have you got. the updates are for different country. and all for the DR550GW.

version information is incorrect means yours is not originally in that language.
or it means you are already setup with that firmware version.
Hi Hillbilly

Could you assist me to convert my original Korean firmware to the English firmware.
the details f my current firmware are s follow:
[firmware]
version = 1.021
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.102
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW

Hi Hillbilly

Could you assist me to convert my original Korean firmware to the English firmware.
the details f my current firmware are s follow:
[firmware]
version = 1.021
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.102
model = 550GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW

Sorry I don't have one so haven't taken an interest in doing it.

Look through the 550 threads Im not sure if its doable or not Someone who has one will know.

this is only possible through the UART connection

In Russian may teach you how to do it, but the English just can not.

For those that have upgraded the firmware, any feedback?

I noted some comments of softness forming in the images, which is the last thing an already-blocky picture needs! lol.... soft blocks, perfect.
Anyone else seen this?

Not really actually the front camera and rear camera seem to be handling the light and dark areas better, but the video is as blurry as ever, a little clearer but still has blocks in dark brown bits.

I have to say no major problems so far, I was the first to upgrade as far as I can tell, however around 20-30 people had downloaded before me and it took one and a half hours to download one firmware from there server. Thats why for all the people wanting the firmware I downloaded them and put them on my server.

All of the links on this page have been transferred to my website not Pittasoft.
They are the original files as downloaded from Pittasoft.

BlackVue DR550GW-2CH English firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Chinese firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH France firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH German firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Italian firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Japanese firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Russian firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Russian Publix firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13
BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Spanish firmware v1.021 Pittasoft 14-01-13

I have just upgrade the SD card to the latest firmware (English, v1.021), it has an error when viewing the videos recorded by the front camera. Can I downgrade it to the previous firmware?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 16
I have just upgrade the SD card to the latest firmware (English, v1.021), it has an error when viewing the videos recorded by the front camera. Can I downgrade it to the previous firmware?
did u even remove the lens cover??
it seems that the lens cover was not removed.

Thanks Peter, ok, I'll give it a go!

LOL @ Lens cover not removed!! hehehehe

did u even remove the lens cover??
it seems that the lens cover was not removed.

The videos being viewed are the old records. Before upgrading, those videos are viewed normally on the same micro SD card. Actually, There are horizontal lines along the monitor, like zebra, not black as the captured image.

Last edited:
now I had that when i did the same thing tried to view older footage on the new player, the footage itself can be viewed in vlc or registration viewer, so I don't know why the newer player has this new problem.

Today, I opened the blackvue software on my PC, it worked as normal. I think after upgrading the firmware, we should exit the software then re-open it to avoid this problem!

Hello,

I have bought two months ago the DR550GW-2CH. It's a Korean version, not knowing that there was a difference and it was not mentioned on the English page that it was a Korean version :( .
Now my problem is not really that it don't speak in English but my huge problem is that GPS is not working and the date & hour aren't correct.

Now I just want to upgrade with a newer "Korean" version in the hope that it solves the GPS problem but anywhere I can find a firmware in Korean, doesn't it not exist or am I stupid??

Look at my Link here
>sorry below, the firmwares available are all in the links but you will only be able to install the version comparable with your language. Time is incorrect on the firmware before 1.021

Back