Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

Testing the H265 without glass in the way:
y4mxVJ5Bf0PbI9Iknp9nQyHt1absK8atIKOm7roHtUI7Lh0JCjgQnyT5LdawZDUFW_eWTHTbUNoCulSkVlbQCtSM7Vv7Zqph7sAXndckf28TFfvb98kqjiqMSx8RPKe8A8CCXhmx5lsGi3YtueygdOPXBiaHTw04ggQ5QgYxQG3WzBUe7IDtpm_gZ2WlxHPDMjb

Spotted a robot busy on the roadside, seems to have been too enthusiastic about its job, the grass would be a lot healthier if a bit longer!
y4mP9Oh4qYdmyV-OXFySE2053cKrMLSvlPuEtmonB45Wqgn2gDCcPkNFT6l5Sor6TDpkrR4y3YttHkLK3Y0Vyw4-6lyAGnmFaOH8ICWi1nHSN01YSdexm9fP2A3bcM-qQkRAz_lDVw7_qzbrsmCM5y8hB5D2jp2nkRBQUvdhIsEp9hzTeOmwMjUvtyQgFGi7EtR

Sunset:
y4m0X-cTOa9AA1JCVeqKh0I4AjGD6Jyc9RSg5tj5hEob2YnTeWsNNL3q5zu_LKf71abIVu9sqsa3O0qw_jDKSOcK9RDSuJCHVjd9n22Pz1MLT5GtJEAFYmnsxRAvybROSkpBaFyxGtP92wFj7dSUFmQr1ppzA8T4N148-5dXEPhJwLVOAC-YcoYUxXXBJGlpR6u

Naughty:
y4mwpxyPl8cRRachtRnX35SmnZXVB0Vz6QDKurebM5XtJWkE6FLrN6LcNGOnL_xaEK4lJxxiPFXYVYv96yllEGYacqeRxokK7BhFS6hTRGGArEEbk6XaU4JoTglkHnsay4A7n0kUxmKvkaIB7IoiteCzEzJtM2ndjciNkRYtmKxPi-5lSssI-HcuZPinw2kzGj7

Last edited:
Cool, looks good. But 130° fov is a downer. That's not enough for my front window. But i keep an eye on it and might buy it, if the Thinkware is not what i expect.

This was my first night video - on the original supplied firmware - I have since updated that and need to do another night run.

Pretty impressive. Can't wait to buy one. @Nigel, do you have any full dark clips to share?

Also, with the increased power consumption, how much time will it record in parking mode connected to the car battery?
This is a little out of date, but gives a good idea, really isn't much in it between these four cameras at night while moving, A119 V3 cheats a little with a narrower FOV, A129 Pro wins easily when not moving:
y4m9ITtJdkw9AkBqXVkenwPSUK7JLvzIafnygPQg8KttpttPnF2Fgf6K7OSwdahBE32ZMfzy63JMJhrfUE7Rx5Y1h3l6XJCT8JgaZEWIbrJkiPVeuU4kMvWGBK6Km53x_GIAF7W8U7q6UKhtppcJWn0fnk-2oGGzHy6SK0J7cqcMpvUGFNQJtDADAMbpdST7HLJ

It uses about twice the power, so presumably the battery lasts about half the time, although lead acid batteries are not quite that simple.

Last edited:
Cool, looks good. But 130° fov is a downer. That's not enough for my front window. But i keep an eye on it and might buy it, if the Thinkware is not what i expect.
Not sure how it compares in FOV with the Thinkware, but don't assume that all the FOV figures are measured in the same way! Compare images instead.

A129 Pro 4K - Low Bitrate Parking Mode (4Mbps)

Yes, that's just 4Mbps for 4K 30fps video with sound. Power consumption is around 0.5A in low bitrate 4K+1080p mode.
For those of us with 1080 monitors, how about a 4K frame grab so that we can read every number plate in sight? (Even at 4Mbps!)

Not sure how it compares in FOV with the Thinkware, but don't assume that all the FOV figures are measured in the same way! Compare images instead.
Well, then it is not wide enough. :D
... i have to wait for direct comparison with the DR900S i had to return... That one was wide enough to capture the whole front window, like my old DC300s

4k front, 1080 rear.

Do you know if the rear cameras will be the exact same as the regular A129 then? Or are there any improvements made in the rear for the Pro version?

Do you know if the rear cameras will be the exact same as the regular A129 then? Or are there any improvements made in the rear for the Pro version?
The rear camera is the same. The processor is different, so it might give a slightly different result. It's something I plan to test in the next few weeks.

The rear camera is the same. The processor is different, so it might give a slightly different result. It's something I plan to test in the next few weeks.
Got it, thanks.

For those of us with 1080 monitors, how about a 4K frame grab so that we can read every number plate in sight? (Even at 4Mbps!)
Done. Not quite every number plate is legible. A bit too much compression at 4Mbps for that.

Done. Not quite every number plate is legible. A bit too much compression at 4Mbps for that.
Might have to check a few guesses to get that far one! Or maybe average a few frames to remove the compression noise?
Not sure why we really need to see that far though.

Nice, looks promising, but 130° is a bit bummer.

What about Wifi, is there any video-bitrate penalty during use like in A129 Duo?

Last edited:
Might have to check a few guesses to get that far one! Or maybe average a few frames to remove the compression noise?
Not sure why we really need to see that far though.
I doubt we need to see that far when the car is parked!

Btw: Is there finally a setting for VBR or again just CBR?

Btw: Is there finally a setting for VBR or again just CBR?
It is VBR but with a smallish range, currently a significantly smaller range than the A119 V3.

Does it use the same power connector and base plate as the A129?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back