Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

Is that with factory firmware? Or did you have to do some custom flashing to get it that high?
Thanks for that as well. Good to know what the device can handle!
Factory firmware, but it's not been released yet, so they may decide to limit it a little if it can't handle the heat of Phoenix Arizona.

Ive used all sorts in the past to clean it...

Soap and water, vinegar, Invisible Glass, Windolene...

There's loads of products and videos about doing the cleaning out there.

They all do a job, but there must be one thing that does it better than the rest... But suggestions would polarise opinions...
the bane of my existence (first world problems I know) is keeping windows clean, not my favorite job I can tell you

This year for some strange reason it seem like the more effort i put into the inside of my windscreen the worse it get, i need some form of wonder cleaner cuz the 4 i have now dont work.

the bane of my existence (first world problems I know) is keeping windows clean, not my favorite job I can tell you
My car had it's annual test last week, in preparation I put some Cerium Oxide powder under the wipers and turned them on for a while - polished off all the dirt and scratches with very little effort, also polished off the perished edge of the wiper blades so they now clean the glass like new. If the washers just smear the dead bugs over the glass then it is a test failure so I had to either clean them or replace the blades.

WD40 will make your blades seem like new. (Remove excess after applying to rubber.

Ive used all sorts in the past to clean it...

Soap and water, vinegar, Invisible Glass, Windolene...

There's loads of products and videos about doing the cleaning out there.

They all do a job, but there must be one thing that does it better than the rest... But suggestions would polarise opinions...
The Invisible Glass spray is my preferred method. Quick and easy.
And the spray cans are cheap and seem to last forever.

I think a typo has been spotted.

Attachments

• pjitsvnd.png
    pjitsvnd.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 43
It is very close to the A129 Duo FOV, and people have not been objecting to that, why the sudden dissatisfaction?
The A119 V3 is narrower, but has been well received by many posters...
It can see the bottom of both A pillars on my car, I don't consider it narrow.
It's still a great dashcam i guess. But the narrow fow will not suit my car. That's the way it is. It would be the same with other cameras with small fow, like the one you mentioned.

For dirty car windows i use "Sidolin Crystal Spray". That's the only product i've found, that gives good results without greasing. I've had glass cleaners especially for cars - never again! But it can't do miracles, obviously.

yeah it is, still good to see what's possible if the unthinkable happens and the end user actually has a clean window though
I frequently spray and wipe my windscreen before most journeys in good weather, in case I record some useful video footage for my test cameras. I give the screen another quick clean after arriving at a car park if I'm going to do some parking mode testing.

None of that fixes the scratches and chips in the 9 year old windscreen, but it's been good enough for 1080p video. 4K shows up windscreen defects a bit more.

Thanks for posting all this great info!
With the information of 59 mbps for front and 15 for the back
With my calculations - 59+ 15 mbps = 74 mbps
59+15Mbps is the maximum bitrate on the review firmware that I'm using at the moment. I'm fairly sure that a lower rate would record nearly the same detail in most situations.

I often test cameras at their maximum bitrate to check for any issues related to memory cards, power supply, overheating etc. So far, no issues to report with the A129 Pro.

A129 Pro 4K - High Quality Lens

@viofo took a long time to develop the high quality 4K lens for the A129 Pro (the same sensor and lens combination can also be found in the new GitUp F1C action camera). It shows good depth of field, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness, low distortion and only a little chromatic aberration at the edge of the frame.

This sample video was recorded at 59Mbps with a CPL filter.
Note: The A129 Pro uses the same CPL as the A129 Duo and A119 series cameras
Note: Sound removed since my car has an annoying noise that needs to be fixed!

422MB Original File : https://mega.nz/#!e4Q13IBR!Zd6r3f0lAlJb22ui5U746lryMpuU6-JAOMQRlc9sH_s

4K Sample Frame
y4mRaJ2fnqD_dva-IyzyrDFgsTVptBKbjPOaWeqCXemDcRllcKCaHDJ4Kckv0Da8Qw9KvalhasxiqAl3jr5FwiwUgZAjfnUsqXxr-KG-D3nPn4gZY2Uos0VeSeIgKPcbWa4KWca3ciOzzM6oWbbLuCMGPP4RVn554BKSTmS7px3lESHJeUw878zN_Za0DzgymttT7_mJUO6KPd6ZsC7OThgwg

100% Crops of Selected Details
1565339433782.png

1565339511278.png

1565339557276.png

1565339602282.png

Last edited:
Fair amount of CA there, but acceptable.

Photoshop it out, Hahah!

(Not really)...

Fair amount of CA there, but acceptable.
Remember it is 2x zoom over 1080 which means the CA is twice (or is that 2²=4x) as visible, and that first crop is right in the corner where some 1080 lenses would be very out of focus and unreadable anyway. Also not looking through the best piece of the windscreen there and with this detail the imperfections of viewing through laminated glass at a high angle start to show!

I need to think about my positioning too. Atm, it's above the wiper arc left side so in rain it's going to be compromised. But until I get my mount sorted it is what it is. Probably affecting results a bit too.

A129 Pro 4K - Night Video Sample #2

Video showing transition from streetlights to unlit road at night

Is there a limit on the sd card size it will take ? Am think of the 400gb sandisk cards

Is there a limit on the sd card size it will take ? Am think of the 400gb sandisk cards
The standard A129 does 256GB, I don't have a bigger card to test with.
I will be a bit surprised if it can't manage 512GB, obviously it will have the latest Novatek SDK to go with the new processor and I believe that does support the 400GB cards.

What about Wifi, is there any video-bitrate penalty during use like in A129 Duo?
No.

Not sure that is true in all circumstances, but running H265 at 51 Front + 14 Mb/s Rear doesn't see a change in bitrate when turning Wi-Fi on/off.
The live display appears to have about a 0.3 second delay.
Wi-Fi to my computer can manage around 10MBytes per second for file download.

The movies look good to me, I hope soon all the questions about heat and how large of a card it will take for the parking mode. I am sure in the coming months these questions will be answered

Back