Auto-overwrite without LOOP

BoloYang

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey Guys!

Got problem here - I got 256 gb card - when it's over - it's stops recording and ask me to "delate" current files.

What can I do - to make it automatic? If the card is full - then let it overwrite itself.

I got loop only for 1-10 minutes and I would like to record as along as I can on 256gb and then let the loop start.

Thanks!

Hey Guys!

Got problem here - I got 256 gb card - when it's over - it's stops recording and ask me to "delate" current files.

What can I do - to make it automatic? If the card is full - then let it overwrite itself.

I got loop only for 1-10 minutes and I would like to record as along as I can on 256gb and then let the loop start.

Thanks!
If you look at the files on the WiFi app or on your computer are they protected? I’m wondering if the motion or g sensor detection is protecting all your files...

Hey Guys!

Thanks!
I don't think dashcams are designed to work in that form. Why do you want to record a single long long long file? For what purpose, or how do you find that practical? Maybe you have a valid reason but help us to understand it. Smaller segments are much easier to manage in case you have an event that you need to save for evidence.

I don't think dashcams are designed to work in that form. Why do you want to record a single long long long file? For what purpose, or how do you find that practical? Maybe you have a valid reason but help us to understand it. Smaller segments are much easier to manage in case you have an event that you need to save for evidence.

Hi! No one long file - I got all files in "parts" but when it's get full with many files it wont overwrite on the files that are old - it want me to "delate" files so it can record new ones.

If you look at the files on the WiFi app or on your computer are they protected? I’m wondering if the motion or g sensor detection is protecting all your files...

It shows me on my dashcam minitor - no reason to use pc or wifi.

What memory card are you using and how are you powering the camera?

Hi! No one long file - I got all files in "parts" but when it's get full with many files it wont overwrite on the files that are old - it want me to "delate" files so it can record new ones.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you where wanting to record a single long file but now I see that is not the case.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you where wanting to record a single long file but now I see that is not the case.
No worries. I got many files on 256 - but when there is no more space - it's stops recording and want me to format card so it got space. I lookig if there is option so it does by itself not asking me.

Yes, as long as you have looping enabled.
I can only choose looping from 1-10 minutes and there wont be many files but one file that overwrite itself. Im looking for option where the card is full with many 10 minutes videos and when card is full it overwrite files that were recorded first.

Im looking for option where the card is full with many 10 minutes videos and when card is full it overwrite files that were recorded first.
That's looping. Choose any duration you want and as the card gets full, it will start to delete the oldest file first. I would choose a shorter duration than 10 minutes though, those will be some huge files.

I use 10 and I am happy with it, if you have new phones and PC's it will be fine. Can take a little bit to download over wifi but I can play them right off of the card using a thunderbolt or USB3 card reader

I was using 10 minute clips, just change it back to 3 minutes. I notice that some of the clip were locked, which may reduce storage, happen enough, no storage. I suspect it is a bug and or related to G force sensor malfunction due to heat, when I get Triangle alert, when bump is not valid. I made comment about it to VIOFO, they are looking into it.

in theory if video max bitrate uses 520mb space, 10 min files would be >4gb, thats the FAT32 limit. That can cause looping problem, if even recorded

Back