Double beeps in my new A129 Pro Duo

Yep. Tried that last week. Still beeped.

If it was at all possible I would like to have a big enough battery to power the cameras and not be connected to the car battery.
I might take the battery out of my Polaris.
In the car, are you plugged into the mount or direct to the camera?

Tried direct today. Im going to try the separate battery to eliminate the possibility I am getting noisy power.

Reactions: Mtz
LOL, well I have plenty on 128 cards now, but I still need to figure out the beeps.:)
Was the memory card full when it beeps and only happen while in parking mode? some of us reported issue with our Pro Duo stop recording in time lapse parking mode when the card is full

Last edited:
WD cards work excellent in this cam.

Ripped this mess out yesterday, put up for sale. Maybe in the future Viofo will make another camera and I will try it.

Ripped this mess out yesterday, put up for sale. Maybe in the future Viofo will make another camera and I will try it.
Still waiting on my replacement cam. My frustration level is tolerable at the moment; however, if the replacement cam nosedives also, then I'll be doing the same and probably switch to another brand and older 1080p model. Goes to show that for any new product launch, you should always wait 6 mos to 1 year for all the bugs to be worked out.

How much are you asking for it? Or is it sold already ?

Never mind, I found it on your eBay store.

Since I was so disappointed with the Pro I posted on Viofos FB page they should come out with a camera with a packaged verified SD card and I got this reply.

16GB eMMC

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
Since I was so disappointed with the Pro I posted on Viofos FB page they should come out with a camera with a packaged verified SD card and I got this reply.

Tell me they replied on April the 1st. Only in that case it would make sense :)

If they plan to use SLC, it might make sense. :D

You know that tilted head look a dog gives when confused.....Well....That's the look I had when reading this...16GB internal memory? Maybe what they meant is the 16GB internal memory will be for buffering to prevent gaps in video. As the Viofo loses several seconds when switching from Park Mode ---> Normal Record and visa versa.

Hey, you can go to their FB page and comment there and maybe get some answers. I just passed along what they told me.

I don't understand the benefit of embedding such small storage on a 4K unit. specially an MMC. When it prematurely dies, how will you replace it? Will see how that rolls out...

I don't understand the benefit of embedding such small storage on a 4K unit. specially an MMC. When it prematurely dies, how will you replace it? Will see how that rolls out...

Unless of course the 16GB isn't meant for regular recording, but to merely serve as a buffer to capture video while camera transitions from park mode to --Normal and Normal --> Park. As Viofos lose a few seconds when swapping over. 16GB would give the camera more than ample space to handle these lapses in time.

Unless of course the 16GB isn't meant for regular recording, but to merely serve as a buffer to capture video while camera transitions from park mode to --Normal and Normal --> Park. As Viofos lose a few seconds when swapping over. 16GB would give the camera more than ample space to handle these lapses in time.
Viofo gave me this answer on their website:

Viofo gave me this answer on their website:

Viofo Responded:
It is mainly for back up the g-sensor locked files.
We can release different versions like embed 64GB eMMC

Meaning if an event is triggered, it'll not only lock the event to the SD card, but store it to the internal memory card as a form of redundancy. Similar to how raid works with hard drives. Always good to have a secondary backup.

Reactions: EGS
Viofo Responded:
It is mainly for back up the g-sensor locked files.
We can release different versions like embed 64GB eMMC

Meaning if an event is triggered, it'll not only lock the event to the SD card, but store it to the internal memory card as a form of redundancy. Similar to how raid works with hard drives. Always good to have a secondary backup.
after them and you had said that, it now make sense to me. My initial thought was that they where going to use it for the main recording storage, meaning for entire recordings.

after them and you had said that, it now make sense to me. My initial thought was that they where going to use it for the main recording storage, meaning for entire recordings.

Ya their English isn't top notch. But once I looked over thread, I saw what they meant. So really, it doesn't matter what type of memory they use in the camera to store the locked files. It won't get written too all that often so long as you don't have it High sensitivity where it picks up every damn speedbump. I keep my g-sensor at medium.

The camera needs minimum 60Mb/s constant write speed, if you are using cards that can handle less, you are expecting beeps and should not be complaining.
Only V60 cards are rated minimum 60Mb/s
The speed on the packaging is manufacturers theoretical maximum peak, non sustainable minimum.

Back