Viofo A129 Duo on/off option

Chris3

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Viofo A129 Duo with 3 wire parking kit..... Will I be able to turn off parking mode when I wish at ease? …...at work there will be a lot of motion, But I feel the parking mode is not necessary for me at work.

Viofo A129 Duo with 3 wire parking kit..... Will I be able to turn off parking mode when I wish at ease? …...at work there will be a lot of motion, But I feel the parking mode is not necessary for me at work.
You can just press and hold the menu button (left button) and power down the camera.

Ok I guess that's easy enough.

Anyone know when the viofo a129 duo pro version is coming out, I may wait for that one.

The amount of cases I've seen of car park hit and runs at my workplace...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I plan to buy A129 with 3 wire kit (or maybe dual SG) and I do not need parking mode at home where I have cameras on my house, so if someone/something get cross the gate, it will be recorded even without touching the car.
So, I have parked at home, then will press and hold menu button to power down the camera and it will not drain my car battery when I am not driving for a week, right? Do I have to do it before switching off engine/ACC? Then, when I want to drive a car and record it, it will switch on with engine running or do I need to start up the camera manually?

So, I have parked at home, then will press and hold menu button to power down the camera and it will not drain my car battery when I am not driving for a week, right?
Correct.
Do I have to do it before switching off engine/ACC?
No, you can do it after turning the engine off, just make sure the screen/lights are all off.
Then, when I want to drive a car and record it, it will switch on with engine running or do I need to start up the camera manually?
Automatic.

Do I have to do it before switching off engine/ACC?

I used to switch engine off, wait for it to switch to parking mode, then hold down the menu button

If you have hard wire and parking mode going, but are stopped a place you do not need parking mode, just turn off car, camera then go to parking mode, and then you long press the menu button to turn the camera off.
The next drive the camera will start up automatic as normal, it is just if you dont need parking guard you have to turn off the camera manual after it have changed to parking mode.

If you have hard wire and parking mode on, the camera do always want to go into parking mode when you stop your car, so only manual interaction from you can stop that.
In some years we might have cameras working like Geo-fencing so it know not to go into parking mode when you are home as you always park in your garage, but that technology are not there yet.

Thank you all :). It would be great to be automatic just like kamkar1 told - by position. But disabling camera everytime is fine. Even if I forget, camera will be cut by voltage level and still will be able to start the car later.

Thank you all :). It would be great to be automatic just like kamkar1 told - by position. But disabling camera everytime is fine. Even if I forget, camera will be cut by voltage level and still will be able to start the car later.
Even in winter, lol?

Parking mode is fantastic. Turn off car, it begins recording. Put car in garage, hold down menu button, and shut it off. Exactly what I do when I don't need the camera running down my battery.

I'm sorry to kick this topic, but I don't know where to place my question elsewhere.

I own a Viofo A139 2ch and would like to use the same function. I've tried to long-press the power button when the dashcam is in parking mode, but nothing happens. Is this an error or is it supposed to be?
Is there another method to disable parking mode when I don't need it? (When engine is off).

Firmware version V1.5_0701 for Viofo_A139
Dashcam is connected by HK3-C hardwire kit

I'm sorry to kick this topic, but I don't know where to place my question elsewhere.

I own a Viofo A139 2ch and would like to use the same function. I've tried to long-press the power button when the dashcam is in parking mode, but nothing happens. Is this an error or is it supposed to be?
Is there another method to disable parking mode when I don't need it? (When engine is off).

Firmware version V1.5_0701 for Viofo_A139
Dashcam is connected by HK3-C hardwire kit

When the camera enters parking mode, buttons are disabled to "prevent" shutting off the camera. You must hold the power button down prior to turning off the engine if you don't want parking mode to engage. This is by design.

In the newest V1.6, the dashcam can be turned off in the parking mode. We'll announce the release in the near future.

In the newest V1.6, the dashcam can be turned off in the parking mode. We'll announce the release in the near future.

@VIOFO-Support - Please release two versions of this firmware. One with Buttons Disabled and One with Buttons Working.

Buttons Disabled in Parking Mode = Prevent Someone from turning off power. This is a GOOD FEATURE on A139.

Thank you all for your quick and informative replies.
Good to hear it will be added in the 1.6 FW. I believe this new (beta) FW (version 1.6_0708) can be found HERE? Can I use this FW?

What I don't quite understand is why it is a feature not to be able to operate the buttons in parking mode? The dashcam is in your car anyway, how can people get to it?

Reactions: EGS
What I don't quite understand is why it is a feature not to be able to operate the buttons in parking mode? The dashcam is in your car anyway, how can people get to it?
People can get to it when you give them the car keys, maybe you take the car for a service, or give it to the parking attendant, or to your partner, or employee.

I've noticed with the HWK and Auto Event Detection Parking Mode option enabled I am unable to permanently power down the camera. When I press and hold the button to power it off I get the Viofo splash screen and a solid red light. If I move my finger in front of the lens, then the camera turns back on. You would think the dash cam would permanently turn off until I manually enabled it again. There's certain situations where I want the dash cam completely off, and to remain off, until I decide to turn it back on.

I've noticed with the HWK and Auto Event Detection Parking Mode option enabled I am unable to permanently power down the camera. When I press and hold the button to power it off I get the Viofo splash screen and a solid red light. If I move my finger in front of the lens, then the camera turns back on. You would think the dash cam would permanently turn off until I manually enabled it again. There's certain situations where I want the dash cam completely off, and to remain off, until I decide to turn it back on.
Be sure to turn it off before turning off the car or after the camera has already entered parking mode. If you shut off the car, then immediately try to manually power off the camera while it's trying to enter parking mode, then it won't shut off.

People can get to it when you give them the car keys, maybe you take the car for a service, or give it to the parking attendant, or to your partner, or employee.
Over the years there have been a number of people on DCT reporting cam tampering when having their car serviced. Most of the time it wasn't done by button press but with removed cards, cams, and cables and at least once or twice having the cam turned to where it couldn't record activity. So there's little point in having the bottons locked unless you address the other vulnerabilities such as how the A139's locking device functions.

You cannot stop someone who is determined to so something- the best that can be accomplished is to make it harder for them to do which can deter the less determined ones. The harder you make it, the more likely that damage will occur in their attempts which they are going to deny causing and the harder it becomes for you to do things legitimately requiring similar access.

Phil

Back