SG9663DR update

For anyone else following this thread:

, FYI it’s best to run the front of the cable through any grommet holes and or boot covers first since the front camera side plug is straight and much thinner as well.
yeah was just going to say the same, feed the cable from the back through to the front rather than trying to squeeze a 90 degree connector through a small space

yeah was just going to say the same, feed the cable from the back through to the front rather than trying to squeeze a 90 degree connector through a small space

Also tried that, but if you look at the rubber hosing there is no way to force it past the halfway point. I thought about using a string or something to pull it through, but on that specific rubber hose, it was too tight. Plus how would I get the string to get through without cutting through the rubber hosing?

I have moved the DR front camera to the driver's side of the rear view mirror, and installed an A129 Pro on the passenger side.

y4mK9JVlMD9Ng-3XZuBKWvJAtpXW5UmJj2O1BG_mwz3KZEyArnFSn6-IOzi6zMb0XumxQ2pIJ84GdVhpHsasmXg7YhaatCx0qUVoPrn5y3l8XMHbpVqO20ZihEzz-yTiuzQ_2PER7IRff7GpbK8Ti1wdh-_sgmagxEpYXEzs9xMp6zB7FCal54zFfB51WKoDDrLOGKjYqjiHdUWebWKwvwazg

For more remote dual channel installation ideas, I have started a new thread for myself and others to share photos and videos of SG9663DR installations.

Last edited:
Looks like you could even have mounted it a bit higher.

I am still firm on that ultimate barrel shaped camera have the lens on the end, but then protrude more into the car ( which i dont really care about myself )
CUZ then you would have the very smallest visible footprint when seen from the outside of the car, and circling to either side you would be able to see more camera bulk, if it was not for reflections in the windscreen probably obscuring that.
And from the inside i think the visible profile would also be smaller, and any protrution into the car cabin will not matter as no part of the passengers ever get into that area, unless the car crash and the person dont wear a seat belt.

Still the DR camera units are plenty small, i will have no problem sticking them to my side windows where they will probably be most visible along my rear window which are also very flat and vertical.

Looks like you could even have mounted it a bit higher.
No, not really. The sensor housing is already clipping the top left corner of the camera's view. If I go higher, I also need to move it across in front of the driver's view of the road.

Okay.

I also need to space my rear camera out a few mm, i cant quite angle it as high as i want to without getting the "lip" the glass are glued to in frame.
But not super important just a couple of degrees, so not a deal breaker.

I'm assuming everyone here has their screens on while they are mounting their front cameras to get the highest possible installation without the camera FOV catching the dot matrix, right?
I guess for the rear you may not need the screen since you are going to try and mount it as close to the headliner as possible anyways?

U.S. sales there is 10% site wide coupon code " 4JULY2020" for the next 5 days. That's $30-$40 savings depending on what size card and free shipping. Would have been nice for me to save $36 but I would not have it in hand right now as they are still on pre-order.

I'm assuming everyone here has their screens on while they are mounting their front cameras to get the highest possible installation without the camera FOV catching the dot matrix, right?
I guess for the rear you may not need the screen since you are going to try and mount it as close to the headliner as possible anyways?
If it supports live view over the wifi like the DCPRO does then that's the easiest way to check where you're aiming without running back and forth. Especially useful if you've got a hatchback or estate/wagon where the camera will move with the tailgate.

I'm assuming everyone here has their screens on while they are mounting their cameras to get the highest possible installation at least on the front camera, right?
Camera screens are helpful during installation but for the most part are too small to make anything but rough adjustments. Best approach (other than having a lot of experience and becoming familiar with what works and what doesn't) is to do the install then take a few drives in various lighting conditions and make final adjustments based on what is actually recorded. This may involve having to remove and reinstall the mounts but usually is just a matter of adjusting the lens.

Last edited:
@ jokiin
Did I see last week in a post that the the full product manual would be posted in the downloads section by now? I know it was also said that there are changes constantly being made that affect the user manual but that could be stated in any current version to specify the manual you are reading pertains to firmware version "V1-10" check your system for latest updates.

Last edited:
If it supports live view over the wifi like the DCPRO does then that's the easiest way to check where you're aiming without running back and forth.
I've been using live view on the app to assist with positioning the camera & mount, and also for adjusting the camera angle up/down.

As @DT MI said though, you really need to take a few drives and review the video to see if the alignment is good. That also helps to find a suitable EV setting for each camera.

@ jokiin
Did I see last week in a post that the the full product manual would be posted in the downloads section by now? I know it was also said that there are changes constantly being made that affect the user manual but that could be stated in any current version to specify the manual you are reading pertains to firmware version "V1-10" check your system for latest updates.
Yeah it's late, will try and get it sorted this weekend

Clean install 2003 GMC Sierra extended cab. At times like this I am happy to not have a new car. Soo much easier to take apart and not worry about 14 airbags or anything else that does not like to be touched. You always have a good install when there are not any extra vehicle trim screws, bolts or clips left over.

Placed in center consul under cup/junk tray using the velcro. Tray just snaps in and out. When I take the DR out there is a good 2 feet of slack in the cables.
20200703_134941.jpg

20200703_135008.jpg

Installed a remote cutoff switch to the constant 12v+ lead for home garage parking because it is inconvenient to get to the the head unit main power shut off each time I come home. I don't want it recording in my garage. Turn off truck, wait 10 seconds (it is going into parking mode), flip my 12v kill switch, DR shuts down (remote file save button light will go out), then flip switch back to on and DR will start up next time I start the truck up. Or I can flip the switch before I turn off truck, turn off truck, verify remote button light is off and flip switch back to on. This way it does not create a 5 second parking file.
20200703_135001.jpg

This is what I see
20200703_134924.jpg

This is what the passenger sees if they lean forward
20200703_134844.jpg

20200703_134750.jpg

GPS facing up next to A pillar covered up by A pillar trim
20200703_101813.jpg

A pillar trim with GPS hidden behind
20200703_101917.jpg

Perfect fit for rear camera. I could not have gotten it any any higher if I wanted as the defrost line would have been in the way. I recommend blocking of the 3m area that would touch the defrost line, this is in case you need to remove the base. Much less chance damaging the the defrost line without having the 3m stuck to it. I placed a thin strip of black electrical tape slightly wider than the defrost line onto the 3m where it would have stuck to the defrost.
20200703_135105.jpg

Love the factory limo dark rear windows. pretty much makes it invisible.
20200703_135331.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea how soon 400 or even 512 GB will be available packaged Down Under?

We can only get high endurance cards up to 256gb at this stage

But US gets 512 GB package option, is that right?

Back