Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

One more question, based on looking at the Viofo hardwire kit...

I see that there are 3 wires for it - one each for ground (black), power (red), and accessory (yellow). Does the accessory wire actually do anything for this camera? I assume that is a trigger to the Viofo camera to indicate that the vehicle has been turned on? Would I even need that wire in this case? I have a fuse tap in the car already for the radar detector (switched with ignition), so I could probable tie it into that if needed. But the key here is to get the 12v wire connected to something that has an always on 12v source? And the LVC will kick in at whatever voltage I choose with the selector switch?

The overheating which has happened with the testers here has not been in the hottest places, but represent what many typical US states will see in summer. Our hottest days are yet to come here. It just doesn't get hot in the UK compared to much of the world so I wouldn't place much value on Nigel's comments on that, A lot of the world is more like the US is now. And there are plenty of people using dashcams in much hotter places :cautious: In W. Michigan your hottest summer days might cause problems. Hard to say given the new firmware hasn't given us any results yet. There were problems found with overheating while driving; this isn't a "parking only" issue but one which affected all cam operations.

The "dots" are called a "frit" and yes, they both block sunlight and more importantly the UV radiation which makes direct sunlight so hot. They will not re-radiate any significant amount of heat, as any which is generated there will transfer to the whole windshield much like heatsinks work. They are quite effective in keeping things cool.

I think someone is currently testing an unmodded cam with the new firmware here. Not all the people who received this cam here modified it.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
In addition to my last question, I still can't figure out how to get into H.265 mode. I stopped recording and tried pressing and holding the Mic button, but this appears to add an additional SD card icon with a downward arrow over it. This icon appears above the microphone icon. (There is still another SD card icon below the mic icon too.)

Is that the H.265 indicator?

One more question, based on looking at the Viofo hardwire kit...

I see that there are 3 wires for it - one each for ground (black), power (red), and accessory (yellow). Does the accessory wire actually do anything for this camera? I assume that is a trigger to the Viofo camera to indicate that the vehicle has been turned on? Would I even need that wire in this case? I have a fuse tap in the car already for the radar detector (switched with ignition), so I could probable tie it into that if needed. But the key here is to get the 12v wire connected to something that has an always on 12v source? And the LVC will kick in at whatever voltage I choose with the selector switch?
Yes to all "?", it will work the same as for the Viofo cameras, the 3rd wire tells the camera to go into parking mode when the ignition is off and leave parking mode when the ignition is turned on. Important if you use the parking timer or cancel the parking mode by turning the camera off, when the camera sees the ignition signal it will start recording normally again. There is no other way out of the parking timer unless you manually turn it back on.

Yes to all "?", it will work the same as for the Viofo cameras, the 3rd wire tells the camera to go into parking mode when the ignition is off and leave parking mode when the ignition is turned on. Important if you use the parking timer or cancel the parking mode by turning the camera off, when the camera sees the ignition signal it will start recording normally again. There is no other way out of the parking timer unless you manually turn it back on.
OK - so I DO need to connect the yellow wire for this Zenfox cam then?

OK - so I DO need to connect the yellow wire for this Zenfox cam then?
You could connect red and yellow to the same switched fuse, then the camera would turn off when parked and on when starting the engine.
If you connect red to permanent power and yellow to switched then it will enter parking mode when parked and leave parking mode when starting the engine.

In either case the low voltage cut off will operate and turn the camera off if the voltage drops below the value set on the switch.
If you use the 3 wires then you can still disable parking mode in the menu, and you then have the option to turn the camera back on to record while parked when wanted. Or you can turn parking mode on in the menu but still have the option to turn the camera off while parked when parking mode is not required, it will automatically turn back on when the engine is started.

You could connect red and yellow to the same switched fuse, then the camera would turn off when parked and on when starting the engine.
If you connect red to permanent power and yellow to switched then it will enter parking mode when parked and leave parking mode when starting the engine.

In either case the low voltage cut off will operate and turn the camera off if the voltage drops below the value set on the switch.
If you use the 3 wires then you can still disable parking mode in the menu, and you then have the option to turn the camera back on to record while parked when wanted. Or you can turn parking mode on in the menu but still have the option to turn the camera off while parked when parking mode is not required, it will automatically turn back on when the engine is started.
Great - thanks!

I will wire them both up when the new kit arrives Thursday (assuming I can find an always on 12v source in the fuse box).

Great - thanks!

I will wire them both up when the new kit arrives Thursday (assuming I can find an always on 12v source in the fuse box).

Dont have time to write a length reply.. @Nigel is too busy blowing smoke to be rational.

I have two T3 cameras. One Modded one Unmodded. Modded one Melted because the copper plate moved heat too well into once isolated area. Long story short these cameras are getting VERY VERY HOT for most of us, except Nigel who lives in the UK and never sees a warm day.

If you mount this unit DIRECT to windshield, IT WILL OVERHEAT if using park mode. First the interior camera disables, followed by rear, and front. Under normal driving, some have seen it shut off for overheating, too. New firmware tends to just deal with park mode I believe. So if its shutting off under normal driving, then not much can be done. Stock camera has a major design flaw firmware can Band-Aid but not resolve.

I have decided to using an arkon suction cup to mount front camera, which seems to have prolonged the interior camera's life for park mode to about 1.5 hours. Modded Camera gets about 2 hrs 10 minutes before overheating. These numbers not set in stone. Unfortunately, my modded one melted some and the interior camera wheel lost a few rivets, so its a kick around unit. Using stock one now.

Hello all, I skimmed through all 78 pages and don't think I found the answer confirmed - is Zenfox affiliated or the same company as Viofo?

I actually never paid good attention on how many participants in total are testing this units in this group.

Hello all, I skimmed through all 78 pages and don't think I found the answer confirmed - is Zenfox affiliated or the same company as Viofo?

There's speculation because of firmware being shared and someone suggested components. Whether that means someone is recycling technology to use in the T3 or Viofo is behind the company is yet unconfirmed. We simply don't know.

Great - thanks!

I use the Viofo 3 Wire Hardwire kit. Yellow is accessory, red is battery, black is ground. The kit is compatible with the T3. Just don't expect parking mode to be reliable as the camera overheats. Best suggesting is throw it onto an arkon suction cup to extend out the camera's life before overheating.

Right now i am pretty bummed out as my dentist, well he want me to return in 2 weeks, and bring at least 1000 USD to have 1 tooth fixed ( root canal )
Hah. That's chump change. Get a quote on an implant! I truly had sticker shock when I got mine...and it was for an abscessed tooth that already had a root canal! Man, did it hurt though.

Hah. That's chump change. Get a quote on an implant! I truly had sticker shock when I got mine...and it was for an abscessed tooth that already had a root canal! Man, did it hurt though.

Really? Here you'd pay $75-125 max for a root canal, including a decent cap.

Really? Here you'd pay $75-125 max for a root canal, including a decent cap.

You get what you pay for! I've had Indian Doctor before. $75-$125 is about right considering I'd probably save that money for my funeral instead. Level of care there must be sub par or the doctors that leave India to Go Abroad bottom of their class!

You get what you pay for! I've had Indian Doctor before. $75-$125 is about right considering I'd probably save that money for my funeral instead. Level of care there must be sub par or the doctors that leave India to Go Abroad bottom of their class!

Don't know which quack you went to!?

Don't know which quack you went to!?

I've seen several of them in my lifetime. Can't say they've exuded medical confidence. More like I'll take assisted Suicide or a quick painless death for 100 Alex Trebek!

It is not uncommon to get around 1/3 savings if a Dane go to many countries next door to get dental work done.
But there are horror stories of bad craftsmanship, but it is the same as with dashcams i recon, you never hear about the satisfied people.
Going to Poland to have major dental work done, and the savings will easy pay for the travel expenses and the hotel there for a week or two.

My friend just had his mouth cleaned out aside for 4 teeth, and then gotten dentures made, but now a month or so later the dentures still dont fit him and he almost weekly go in for adjustments.
That deal cost him 35.000 DKkr or about 5500 USD

My first root canal i had done years ago at my old dentist, well it was bodged work and the new dentist pulled it and put in a bridge, but the new dentist also turned in his colleague so i dident have to pay a dime for most of the work.
I am pretty sure there are cartel stuff going on in just about any branch here, it is uncommen how similar prices are for a lot of stuff / services here, spread over a lot of fields of business ASO

Last edited:
Back