Viofo A139 3CH review

I wish Viofo would sell the A139 with package configurator instead of pre-defined products:
Select front cam.
Select the two slave cams: you can have two rear cams, two interior cams, or one of each, or just one or none at all.
Select cable length(s).
Select locking mechanism.
Select hardwire kit.
Select Viofo brand memory card if you like.

That way you could tailor your package to suit the application you have in your imagination. I wouldn't mind having two rear cams fixed to front quarterlight glass and have that give me left and right driving views. A stand-alone rear cam seems to be an acceptable compromise.

I wish Viofo would sell the A139 with package configurator instead of pre-defined products:
Select front cam.
Select the two slave cams: you can have two rear cams, two interior cams, or one of each, or just one or none at all.
Select cable length(s).
Select hardwire kit.

That way you could tailor your package to suit the application you have in your imagination. I wouldn't mind having two rear cams fixed to front quarterlight glass and have that give me left and right driving views. A stand-alone rear cam seems to be an acceptable compromise.
I remember I read a reply from Viofo that the A139 will also come in 2ch option and the 3rd cam is an optional add on.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yes shopping options like that only make sense with multi channel camera systems, not least when you go past 2 channel.

If i was a Uber driver i would want 2 interior cameras.
But as i am not a Uber driver i might want 2 cameras for side use instead.

The remote cameras for the A139 are not super suited for side use, but they are usable for sure, at least in some car designs that have fixed glass somewhere along the side.
For door mounting ( which i think must be the ideal for all cars ) even smaller cameras are needed.

A friend of mine (a Viofo fan) mounted several Viofos in his car. All is hardwired. And he's not driving Grab (something like Uber in Malaysia). I wonder if he'll switch to a unit or 2 of A139 or not?:ROFLMAO:

1605246054213.png 1605246065530.png

Last edited:
Hehe i think someone have a addiction ;)
But as it is cameras and not drugs it is quite okay.

Only taxi is allowed in Denmark, Uber ASO are all illegal.

@Jeremy Wong your friend has serious issues. So many cams pointing in same/similar directions anyway. If he's mounted front quarter, rear quarter, I can still understand.

@Jeremy Wong your friend has serious issues. So many cams pointing in same/similar directions anyway. If he's mounted front quarter, rear quarter, I can still understand.

Hahaha... This is only one of his cars... :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine (a Viofo fan) mounted several Viofos in his car. All is hardwired. And he's not driving Grab (something like Uber in Malaysia). I wonder if he'll switch to a unit or 2 of A139 or not?:ROFLMAO:

I am thinking of the possibility of buying 2 A139 - Of course, all depends on price, reliability and other factors :)

Select front cam.
Select cable length(s).
Select hardwire kit.

That makes sense from a customer's point of view, to be able to select everything you want. But for the manufactuer / supplier that means they need to store all the parts separately and assemble custom packages for each customer, complete with suitable foam packing etc., rather than assemble hundreds of identical box sets ready for dispatch around the world.

BTW, you missed some options!
- straight or angled connector at each / both ends of the coax cables
- straight or angled USB C plug on HW kit and plug-in 12v adapter
- second mount for moving the camera to a second car
- CPL yes/no
- external microphone

"I'd like a Big Mac, one small McNuggets, two large fries, and a large CoacaCola please" :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, this isn't a restaurant or the "Build-a-Bear" store, and it would add to a seller's problems to offer a selection like that- different shipping boxes or envelopes to keep on hand, incorrectly assembled orders, people ordering wrong or incompatible parts they want to return to swap for something else and more :( It would have to add something to the seller's costs which of course they buyers end up paying for :cautious: BUT we'd all like to be able to make our individual "perfect system" so it might sway a buyer over to your product(s) instead of a competitors, gaining you sales :cool:

At least two sides to everything and maybe someone will take this approach or maybe not. As long as those who want them can get different cable lengths and cam modules as separate accessories (which is the normal) then I'm OK with a 'standard cam kit' that takes care of most customers ;)

Phil

Yeah I'm guessing viofo will offer something like a 3ch and 2ch package, and then spare cameras and cables etc available as accessories, otherwise it gets way too costly

I am thinking of the possibility of buying 2 A139 - Of course, all depends on price, reliability and other factors :)
Normally, the A139 was created for 3 channels usage, for card locking.
Being different design the 2 channels or single channel user should chose only based on design. I still consider the A129+ to be less visible.

enjoy,
Mtz

I still consider the A129+ to be less visible.
That depends on each person's car, of course, so it is nice to have options. I agree the A139 is wider and probably more visible in more cars than A129+

I think the A139 fits better with the frit layout in my car. I would be happier without the white text on the front.
1605276543720.png

The white text will become grey in retail version. I don't know how much grey but also I like it without any text there, the text could be used on the interior cabin side of the dashcam.
In many cars your setup is very nice only in pictures because in reality you cannot hide too much the camera under the black dots area because the sensors box will appear into the video so you are forced to make the camera visible. Also I liked this idea in theory when I saw the camera design but when I received it, reality was different.

enjoy,
Mtz

That depends on each person's car, of course, so it is nice to have options. I agree the A139 is wider and probably more visible in more cars than A129+

I think the A139 fits better with the frit layout in my car. I would be happier without the white text on the front.
View attachment 54152

Interesting that it fit on that side without interfering with the mirror, I found with the A129 and other cams it would block the mirror position too much on my car, I'll have to try it like this, also makes reaching the buttons easier!

Interesting that it fit on that side without interfering with the mirror, I found with the A129 and other cams it would block the mirror position too much on my car, I'll have to try it like this, also makes reaching the buttons easier!
I have got it in a similar position on my windscreen as well but managed to get it above the mirror

Choices are good and every car varies. Nothing on the windshield really 'hides' in my old bus and the A139 makes a better choice for me because of it's capabilities. The A129 would 'hide' no better and is an older design so will probably see EOL happening sooner, especially if the A139 sells better, moreso if it's also offered as a 2-channel cam option ;)

To each as they need and want, and neither of these is a bad choice for a dashcam :cool:

Phil

In many cars your setup is very nice only in pictures because in reality you cannot hide too much the camera under the black dots area because the sensors box will appear into the video so you are forced to make the camera visible. Also I liked this idea in theory when I saw the camera design but when I received it, reality was different.
I understand. Usually for me if I hide a wedge camera under the black dots then the sensor box gets in the way. With the A139 I can hide most of the camera under the dots and just have the lens visible on the side.

Wedge cameras are good for some cars. Offset cameras are better for others.

Good to hear that the white text will be less visible in grey.

Back