Mini 5 Firmware request

Tom_RS

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I made a mistake and flashed my Mini 5 with (official released) obviously Chinese firmware from DDpai homepage (chinese language selection). I was not aware that the Firmware is not suitable for my device. Now I can not access the camera by WIFI anymore, and I can not go back to the previous 7.0.0.7 official Firmware because DDpai does not offer it for download. The camera now makes Chinese announcements, but records videos as before.

If anyone has Firmware 7.0.0.7 and could upload it for me, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Tom_RS

Can't help you with the firmware upload, but if you need to get WiFi working again you can try double-press the button and wait for the announcement.

Thanks! That worked, the WIFI was back again and then I was able to gain access to the camera with the ddpai app. Well, unfortunately that did'nt help really for my firmware problem. The app says my firmware (7.0.0.39) is the latest available and no update available.

So I still need a firmware for the non-Chinese (=international) version. I was not aware that there exist different types of firmware that mess up your camera with Chinese language, otherwise I would'nt have flashed my camera of course...

Oh, I flashed mine because I was pushing my luck in hoping the 4G LTE cradle would work, and then I would be able to remotely view the car's location and video feed. Unfortunately I've not been able to create a sign-in on the China APK.

I am in the same situation... There is no firmware on the english site version. The only one is on the chinese website... :-(

You have to extract the downloaded file until you get an "update" folder (I used 7 zip to unzip the files). Then copy this folder to the main folder of your camera, and next time the camera is powered on, the update will start automatically (flashing red light).

You have to extract the downloaded file until you get an "update" folder (I used 7 zip to unzip the files). Then copy this folder to the main folder of your camera, and next time the camera is powered on, the update will start automatically (flashing red light).
scan with unifi AP, detected, means that the Samsung Galaxy A71 does not support 5G Wifi,

Attachments

• 2021-01-27_18-48-53.png
    2021-01-27_18-48-53.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
@oliver.adlerr on paper the specs for Galaxy A71 say:
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80
Maybe it's a regional setting problem. The dashcam might be broadcasting on a channel not approved in your country while your phone should be aware.

PS: I looked it up, it seems like Indonesia has no regulatory hurdles to using channel 36 at VHT80 setting. But it's also unusual for the camera to be broadcasting at VHT80 in 802.11na, but typical for 802.11ac. You might want to use a WiFi analyzer app on your Galaxy A71 to check out what it picks up on the 5GHz bands. Example linked.

WiFi Analyzer (open-source) - Apps on Google Play

Maybe it's a regional setting problem. The dashcam might be broadcasting on a channel not approved in your country while your phone should be aware.

PS: I looked it up, it seems like Indonesia has no regulatory hurdles to using channel 36 at VHT80 setting. But it's also unusual for the camera to be broadcasting at VHT80 in 802.11na, but typical for 802.11ac. You might want to use a WiFi analyzer app on your Galaxy A71 to check out what it picks up on the 5GHz bands. Example linked.

my pc can detect 5G DDPAI Mini 5 wifi,

Attachments

• 2021-01-27_19-29-46.png
    2021-01-27_19-29-46.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2021-01-27_19-30-32.png
    2021-01-27_19-30-32.png
    105 KB · Views: 15
  • 2021-01-27_19-54-25.png
    2021-01-27_19-54-25.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 15
You do not need WIFI to flash your camera. Just connect the camera via USB to your computer, unzip the file and copy the "update" folder to the main folder of the camera, then unplug the camera from your computer and attach it to power supply. Thats it!

You do not need WIFI to flash your camera. Just connect the camera via USB to your computer, unzip the file and copy the "update" folder to the main folder of the camera, then unplug the camera from your computer and attach it to power supply.
Yes, upgrade was success, but my phone samsung a71 can't appear wifi ddpai 5

@oliver.adlerr yeah I asked to check on your A71 which you say cannot detect, not any other device.

Can you turn on and off 5GHz WIFI support on your Samsung?

Bro, I also have this problem.
And, i have another device Nokia 8. I've tried on a few androids that I can borrow, but still can't. And that mine Nokia 8 can’t connect, too. I don't know where it went wrong if it was used in the android version.
If you have successfully connected to android, then what type is your android device?

Hi,

I made a mistake and flashed my Mini 5 with (official released) obviously Chinese firmware from DDpai homepage (chinese language selection). I was not aware that the Firmware is not suitable for my device. Now I can not access the camera by WIFI anymore, and I can not go back to the previous 7.0.0.7 official Firmware because DDpai does not offer it for download. The camera now makes Chinese announcements, but records videos as before.

If anyone has Firmware 7.0.0.7 and could upload it for me, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Tom_RS
Try change in ‘DDPAI’ app settings. Then, change language.

Back