Mini 5 Firmware request

Email from support ddpai
Dear friend,

Please update the firmware.

1.Connect the dash cam with PC by USB cable. and PC will detect the camera as a USB device.
2.Download the attached update zip file,and unzip the file.
3.Copy the unzipped updated file into camera
4.Power on the camera, the camera will update automatically.

MINI5_V7.0.0.45_201226_BBS (1).zip
Hi, is this english ADAS version?

@oliver.adlerr on paper the specs for Galaxy A71 say:
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80
Maybe it's a regional setting problem. The dashcam might be broadcasting on a channel not approved in your country while your phone should be aware.

PS: I looked it up, it seems like Indonesia has no regulatory hurdles to using channel 36 at VHT80 setting. But it's also unusual for the camera to be broadcasting at VHT80 in 802.11na, but typical for 802.11ac. You might want to use a WiFi analyzer app on your Galaxy A71 to check out what it picks up on the 5GHz bands. Example linked.

WiFi Analyzer (open-source) - Apps on Google Play

Hi,

I'm looking to get a Mini 5 and saw your post about it using ch.36 on 5ghz band. Is this still true? Any way to change it to other channels (149 - )?

Because here in Indonesia, we can't use ch.36-64 on 5ghz band. That's probably why some people here have problem connecting to their phones.

Thanks

Does anyone have a Englisch Firmware Version for me?
I updated with the 7.0.0.45 from Oliver.adlerr but now I cant find the camera wifi and the cameras speak is Chinese.
Double push the Button doesnt work.

Last edited:
Its also chinese
It is the latest official Overseas version 7.0.0.19 and the usual chinese spyware functions are missing from its main_app binary.
The previous version was 7.0.0.17

It is the latest official Overseas version 7.0.0.19 and the usual chinese spyware functions are missing from its main_app binary.
The previous version was 7.0.0.17
But speech is Chinese?
I got Version 7.0.0.21 on my Cam, which I bought lädt week. And speech was English.

But speech is Chinese?
There are 50 *.m4a sound files in /app/bin/res/voice (within update/appfs sparse ext4 image). The female voice has obvious chinese accent, but she is still speaking english.

Hello all, my Mini 5 flash from Chinese to English firmware. After that WiFi can't detect anymore, can i have the Chinese F/W version 7.0.1.11 which is my original working version?
Finally, i upgraded to the about version 7.0.0.21 successful. Thanks!!

Last edited:
There are 50 *.m4a sound files in /app/bin/res/voice (within update/appfs sparse ext4 image). The female voice has obvious chinese accent, but she is still speaking english.
i have the update unzip and i am trying to change some of the audio files to something custom. based off your post it looks like they are .m4a now and not .pcm like they i saw on a previous post. how can i gain access to edit what is in the "appfs" and see the sound files

I use camera kit power, which disables the gps for less than one day.Only the physical disconnection of the cable restores normal operation.
I was expecting a restart option in the new firmware.I may be wrong?

เฟิร์มแวร์ใหม่กับ ADAS มาแล้ว:)

v7.0.0.15

http://httpsdatacdn.ddpai.com/update/DDPaiMini5_Overseas/20210125/update.tar.gz
ใครก็ตามที่มีไฟล์เฟิร์มแวร์ ddpai z40 ฉันต้องการเฟิร์มแวร์จริง ๆ กล้องด้านหลังของฉันตรวจไม่พบเมื่อฉันเชื่อมต่อ ฉันพยายามให้เพื่อนของฉัน ddpai z40 มันใช้งานได้ แต่มันไม่มีกับ ddpai z40 ของฉัน ดังนั้นฉันคิดว่าเฟิร์มแวร์กล้องของฉันมีปัญหา

I use camera kit power, which disables the gps for less than one day.Only the physical disconnection of the cable restores normal operation.
I was expecting a restart option in the new firmware.I may be wrong?
Hi, I have the same problem, after waking up from parking monitoring, it doesn't have GPS nor SR overlay... Did you find a solution to the problem?? Thank you for answering.

Back