English Firmware for 70Mai A500s

manh3m

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hello bro

Someone have English firmware for 70mai A500s ? I have a Chinese Version but does'nt English :( Help me, pls

I have a Chinese Version
Hello.
Can you upload the Chinese version of the firmware?
Tell me, where did you buy your DVR?
What app did you use to connect to the DVR?
What firmware is currently installed? Version number.
If you see an update of your Chinese firmware in the 70mai app, then download and submit it here. Don't flash it, just download it.
The firmware will be in the \MidriveApp\ota folder

I have the English firmware, but I need to study yours, maybe you have a different type and amount of internal memory.

Last edited:
Lisabon_Q3, could you please share your firmware, my camera firmware is 0.0.9Aww and I can't connect to app not sure if firmware issue or camera issue, don't understand why the company doesn't have a firmware download location.

i think .ww is world wide or global version
Yes, but I haven't met version 0.0.9ww yet.
Upload a photo of the sticker on the case.

@lisabon_Q3 , yes firmware is 0.0.9aww.

I can't understand why dashcamtalk recommends 70mai, their support is none existence, their website has no firmware download option, their forum is not moderated, majority of the post are unanswered, this company should close doors.

Attachments

• 70mai500s.jpg
    70mai500s.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 79
Lisabon_Q3, could you please share your firmware, my camera firmware is 0.0.9Aww and I can't connect to app not sure if firmware issue or camera issue, don't understand why the company doesn't have a firmware download location.
For WW version A500s (70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+)
[not A500]
Version: 1.0.2ww
102ww.jpg
Download:

How to:
Unpack the archive. Firmware from the archive "FW96580A.bin " copy to the microsd in the root of the memory card and insert it into the recorder when it is turned off. Next, insert the power and DO NOT press any buttons, and wait for 30-40 seconds. During the update, there will be no messages on the screen about the update, only the LED will light up blue and then red.

For WW version A500s (70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+)
[not A500]
Version: 1.0.2ww
View attachment 56220
Download:

How to:
Unpack the archive. Firmware from the archive "FW96580A.bin " copy to the microsd in the root of the memory card and insert it into the recorder when it is turned off. Next, insert the power and DO NOT press any buttons, and wait for 30-40 seconds. During the update, there will be no messages on the screen about the update, only the LED will light up blue and then red.
should i try it?

should i try it?
Hi, this is the firmware for the international version. You have Chinese. There is no exact information whether they are the same or not.
If you're willing to take the risk, I warn you, your device may turn into a brick. And there is no way to restore it, since there is no Chinese firmware.
I don't recommend it.

Hello.
Can you upload the Chinese version of the firmware?
Tell me, where did you buy your DVR?
What app did you use to connect to the DVR?
What firmware is currently installed? Version number.
If you see an update of your Chinese firmware in the 70mai app, then download and submit it here. Don't flash it, just download it.
The firmware will be in the \MidriveApp\ota folder

I have the English firmware, but I need to study yours, maybe you have a different type and amount of internal memory.

I was bought an A500S from China taobao but not received it yet. I will update to you later about the Chinese firmware for A500S later once I get it. I am also looking for English or Global version, if it can possible to flash between the two different versions in this A500S. Besides, actually I am not really care about Chinese or Global Multilanguage version. I am a Malaysian Chinese and I can read Chinese too.

Just got my A500S today. I was try to download the firmware through app, unfortunately the device is coming with default version as 1.0.0. This was the only latest firmware available. Anyway, I was tried to flash your ROM and successfully turned into global version. Thanks.

update:
I get another 1.0.6ww, just extract the bin file then put into sdcard root folder. I just flash the firmware directly. Firstly, power off A500S, then hold power and menu button(right button) together for few seconds until blue light is lighting up. Wait for the blue light turn to red light then the firmware will be done installed. This firmware is tested works for my China Simplified Chinese version 70mai A500S.

Last edited:
I got A500S 1.0.5 Chinese version update but I unable to extract it because it is showing file damage error. I was tried to redownload it but still has the same error. I just share to here and hope someone expert here can help me to figure out how to extract the file. I try to extract with 7zip but still have no luck, it is showing as bzip2 format in the 7zip extractor but I still can't manage to extract the 27.49MB file out.

2021_05_12_06_53_IMG_0271.PNG

Last edited:
I got A500S
Oh, thanks!
I am unpacked for manual firmware.
Chinese Firmware 1.0.5:

List of changes:

• Optimized the stability of the memory card
  • Fixed known issues

Differences from the international firmware:
  • interface and voice only in Chinese!
  • timelapse, (slow motion 1 frame\sec, only with hardware kit)
  • "electronic dog", e-dog, camera database (only in China)

Download:

I also upload a new International firmware 1.0.6 ww:

List of changes:

• Optimize the accuracy of expression of interface text.
  • Improve the stability of the device's memory card operation.
  • Fix known issues
Download:

How to:

The firmware is interchangeable! You can flash the Chinese version with international firmware and vice versa.
Good luck!

Oh, thanks!
I am unpacked for manual firmware.
Chinese Firmware 1.0.5:

List of changes:

• Optimized the stability of the memory card
  • Fixed known issues

Differences from the international firmware:
  • interface and voice only in Chinese!
  • timelapse, (slow motion 1 frame\sec, only with hardware kit)
  • "electronic dog", e-dog, camera database (only in China)

Download:

I also upload a new International firmware 1.0.6 ww:

List of changes:

• Optimize the accuracy of expression of interface text.
  • Improve the stability of the device's memory card operation.
  • Fix known issues
Download:

How to:

The firmware is interchangeable! You can flash the Chinese version with international firmware and vice versa.
Good luck!

Thanks for your help. I was tried to flash the given Chinese firmware and works great. Fortunately, my phone still keep the Chinese version 70mai app with the previous A500S record on version 1.0.0. Few days ago I was flashed my China A500S to global version, that’s why now I was stuck and not able to push the Chinese firmware to my A500S for doing firmware update.

Hello, am i able to connect to international app if i update to english firmware?

Attachments

• IMG20210528215407.jpg
    IMG20210528215407.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 38
Hello, am i able to connect to international app if i update to english firmware?
To connect your 70mai to international app version, you need to download the worldwide multi languages version 1.0.6ww from the link above and put the bin file into sdcard. Restart your A500S then wait for it flashing. After done then delete the bin file from your sdcard.

Back