Firmware Version Identification

Hey all, I noticed a new FW update, V1.5_0701 for Viofo_A139 on there website.
There are two new options in the setting menu:

1) Parking Recording Geofencing
2) Wi-Fi Station Configuration

Can somebody explain those new settings?
Also, is there a changelog of this (and earlier) FW updates?

I just upgraded to firmware 1.5 and I'm not seeing the Settings Option for Geofencing. Can you please share where you saw this option. Thanks

When I try to enable geofencing I get an error (256 I think) - I assuming it's just a placeholder for a future function at the moment?

I also get that error (256 or something) when I enable geofencing.
Running FW V1.5_0701 for Viofo_A139 and app version 3.2.0 (30 July 2021).

Do we have to try new (beta) FW 1.6 (version 1.6_0708) which can be found HERE?

Parking Recording Geofencing is a beta function at present. It would be more reliable on the newest V1.6. There are still some final testings on V1.6. I'll update the firmware information in the forum when it's released. We also sincerely invite you to test Parking Recording Geofencing. If you'd like to, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Parking Recording Geofencing is a beta function at present. It would be more reliable on the newest V1.6. There are still some final testings on V1.6. I'll update the firmware information in the forum when it's released. We also sincerely invite you to test Parking Recording Geofencing. If you'd like to, please let me know! Thanks in advance!
Thank you.
Before I update to beta 1.6 FW, can you please indicate if this FW is stable at the moment and what subjects / options are still tested?
I like the option of geofencing parking mode, so I love te test it.

Yes, I am running exactly the same versions.

Maybe I will try FW 1.6 Beta so I can test (y)

From what I can tell, the Parking Mode Geofencing is not available in the iOS app. The current version on the Apple App Store is 2.1.6 and it does not appear to have the Geofencing option. Am I missing something here?

PS: I have Firmware 1.5 installed and iOS App 2.1.6 installed.

From what I can tell, the Parking Mode Geofencing is not available in the iOS app. The current version on the Apple App Store is 2.1.6 and it does not appear to have the Geofencing option. Am I missing something here?

I’ve just loaded the 1.6 firmware linked and again on iPhone that still doesn’t feature the geofencing option.

Thank you.
Before I update to beta 1.6 FW, can you please indicate if this FW is stable at the moment and what subjects / options are still tested?
I like the option of geofencing parking mode, so I love te test it.
Yes, the current firmware is stable except for the option of Parking Recording Geofencing. Please feel free to use it. Thank you for being willing to test!

The newest iOS app isn't released yet. You would be able to use Parking Mode Geofencing in it.

Yes, the current firmware is stable except for the option of Parking Recording Geofencing. Please feel free to use it. Thank you for being willing to test!
I just downloaded and installed FW V1.6 and tried to enable Geofencing. After a short while it stated succes or something.
Now I have to wait to have another drive with the car since my car battery voltage is under the protection limit of my hardwire kit.

Improvement is the succes notification in stead of the error 256 (or something). I will update after I had a drive and charged my car battery.

@VIOFO-Support
Can you add an option for Station Mode Auto On in parking mode (then auto off if no connection for 5 mins) in the new v1.6 firmware (at least for people with 2CH setup, because it doesn't get too hot in garages)?
I am sure lots would love the feature :)

If you're worried about heat, I am sure it has auto turn off for high temperature, moreover, give users a choice of Station Mode Auto On (then 5 min off after inactivity) in parking or not. Give option in app, takes not too long :D. Otherwise Station Mode is kind of useless.

Last edited:
If you're worried about heat, I am sure it has auto turn off for high temperature, moreover, give users a choice of Station Mode Auto On (then 5 min off after inactivity) in parking or not. Give option in app, takes not too long :D. Otherwise Station Mode is kind of useless.
I have Viofo's reply from April about this solution for Auto-Wifi feature, yet here we are. :LOL: But StationMode got implemented, so have to definitely give them credit for that!

I'm still waiting also for HDR which was mentioned way back... (Viofo even asked whether we are interested in front only or front/rear)

I just asked them again, they said Wi-Fi will never work in parking mode "because it has problems", when they allow you to enable it via pressing a button just fine lol. Absolutely stupid.

I just asked them again, they said Wi-Fi will never work in parking mode "because it has problems", when they allow you to enable it via pressing a button just fine lol. Absolutely stupid.
Btw: I realized when I gave you advice about UARTs, I completely forgot that you also could simply "interconnect" between main PCB and button PCB, since they are connected via wires with a connector (means no soldering needed) and by that to get access to the buttons (as you planned).

Probably something like ESP8266 or ESP32 could do the whole trick for you. To look for SSIDs in parking mode, when it finds home Wifi, it enables A139 hotspot via buttons and after Wifi gets enabled, it also connects to it and send the API command to switch from AP to Client (aka StationMode).

Btw: I realized when I gave you advice about UARTs, I completely forgot that you also could simply "interconnect" between main PCB and button PCB, since they are connected via wires with a connector (means no soldering needed) and by that to get access to the buttons (as you planned).

Probably something like ESP8266 or ESP32 could do the whole trick for you. To look for SSIDs in parking mode, when it finds home Wifi, it enables A139 hotspot via buttons and after Wifi gets enabled, it also connects to it and send the API command to switch from AP to Client (aka StationMode).
Sounds awesome but I have 0 knowledge of any electrical/PCB and anything like this lol. Will need to learn. I'm only a computer geek.

I just downloaded and installed FW V1.6 and tried to enable Geofencing. After a short while it stated succes or something.
Now I have to wait to have another drive with the car since my car battery voltage is under the protection limit of my hardwire kit.

Improvement is the succes notification in stead of the error 256 (or something). I will update after I had a drive and charged my car battery.
I don't think it works like it should be. When geofencing is enabled (successful), the dashcam goes into parking mode anyway (at least it says it does).

Any recommendations?

Back