A229 Pro Test & Review PP

@Panzer Platform @SergiuC

To capture this image, you must first download the video with the download button in the corner of the application.

Then, your device must be connected to the internet in order to see the GPS data on the map in this image.
Since there is no ready map in the application, it allows you to see it online.
So it is possible to capture this image.
I download the video, I open the app (phone disconnected from camera with internet active) but still no gps maps show in the app. Anybody tested A229Pro if it's work ? or it's problem just in my side.

If the problem is not from my side, seems on mini 2 everything work and to be better than A229 Pro in matter of software ( allot of bugs with the king model that's advertised by Viofo , problem with hue of the color and seems to be a hw problem not sw , hdr on rear and inside camera no work also on my side, and also the performance of hdr on the front it's very poor).

It's past already one month , and no new software. The software also seems to be made for 229Pro Duo not for the expensive one with 3 cameras. Don't have a vocal comand separately to show interior camera, just for the front and rear. Yeah, unpolished software , expensive product. We jump on pre sales just for an card gift.

So annoying.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106-152947.png
    Screenshot_20231106-152947.png
    1 MB · Views: 26
it's problem just in my side.
Well I’ll be a money’s uncle. Lol
I never knew I could view GPS data like that on my smartphone with the Viofo APP.
Thank you @Karagandinez @ogzogz
I just confirmed & verified it works with the A229 Pro.
You must click “MY MEDIA” after opening the Viofo APP, and the downloaded videos will play with GPS data.
See attached screenshot.

@SergiuC please make sure you click “MY MEDIA” to see you GPS data.
Please check, and let us know it works for you.
If it doesn’t work please provide screenshots of your smartphone model & APP versions so Viofo can fix.
-Chuck

Attachments

• A229 Pro Screenshot .png
    A229 Pro Screenshot .png
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • GPS Works .png
    GPS Works .png
    829.7 KB · Views: 23
  • My Media .png
    My Media .png
    477.9 KB · Views: 21
  • A229 Pro .png
    A229 Pro .png
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
  • iPhone SE 2020 iOS 17.0.3 .jpg
    iPhone SE 2020 iOS 17.0.3 .jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 24
I just tested the playback of previously download video footage in the Android VIOFO app from an A139 Pro 3CH, a WM1 and an A229 Pro 3CH. The map is displayed along with the route for that 1-minute video for the A139 Pro video footage, but there is no map displayed A229 Pro video footage. My A229 Pro footage playback failure might be related to the fact I've been testing "test" firmware versions (?).

A139 Pro / WM1 / A229 Pro

Screenshot_20231106-095630 - Copy.png Screenshot_20231106-100445.png Screenshot_20231106-100515.png

I just tested the playback of previously download video footage in the Android VIOFO app
Thank you so much for the confirmation.
It looks like something needs to be fixed with the Android APP.

It looks like something needs to be fixed with the Android APP.
I ran a test with the iOS and Android versions of the VIOFO app to see how each one behaved when they tried to play the same downloaded video file.

The iOS version displayed the map and movement of the vehicle during the playback of the 1-minute video clip. The Android version displayed a blank map. That same Android app worked when playing videos downloaded from an A139 Pro and a WM1.

iOS / Android

IMG_6705.PNG Screenshot_20231106-103433.png

I ran a test with the iOS and Android versions of the VIOFO app to see how each one behaved when they tried to play the same downloaded video file.

The iOS version displayed the map and movement of the vehicle during the playback of the 1-minute video clip. The Android version displayed a blank map. That same Android app worked when playing videos downloaded from an A139 Pro and a WM1.

iOS / Android

View attachment 68982 View attachment 68983
I confirm also that I tested on smartphone from Google and a tablet from Xiaomi, both android and didn't work , same as @rcg530 . :)

I just submitted a bug report to VIOFO via email.
I had a very strong feeling you might. Lol
I still wanted the “paying customer” to submit a ticket to get him in the habit of reporting issues “officially” to get it documented in Viofo’s support ticket system.
I think when a customer submits a problem, and it gets fixed, it builds brand satisfaction.
It will also give Viofo a chance to interact with their customer directly.
Maybe I’m overthinking it. Lol

Well I’ll be a money’s uncle. Lol
I never knew I could view GPS data like that on my smartphone with the Viofo APP.
Thank you @Karagandinez @ogzogz
@Panzer Platform
Knowledge increases as it is shared. Enjoy.

Frankly, since I don't have an A229 pro yet, sometimes I can only make suggestions. And since I don't think the new model will have a problem that wasn't present in the previous model, I guess I'm writing an answer as if there is no problem.

No matter how much it is tested, 100% of a camera may not be mastered and may be overlooked. This may also be the case for software developers. But I don't think it can't be solved. @VIOFO-Support

@rcg530 reported. They will definitely solve it.

Respects.

Is there a quick summary of if the Pro is worth the extra $100 over the Plus? Especially if we plan to put it in 2k anyway? Or is the Plus low light that much better, just sacrificing 4k which I don't personally think I'd need, and probably will keep the Pro in 2K to prevent overheating here anyway...

Is there a quick summary of if the Pro is worth the extra $100 over the Plus?
It's too early to say.
We are waiting on firmware to fix the night time HDR performance of both cameras.
As well as some color / brightness flickering issues.
Hurry up, and wait. lol
Or you can watch this in the meantime;

Is there a quick summary of if the Pro is worth the extra $100 over the Plus? Especially if we plan to put it in 2k anyway? Or is the Plus low light that much better, just sacrificing 4k which I don't personally think I'd need, and probably will keep the Pro in 2K to prevent overheating here anyway...
I went with the plus mainly due to (My opinion only) ...The PRO, generates more heat and has much larger video files.
Keep in mind that the PRO comes with a CPL filter, which you have to buy on the Plus.

Last edited:
I asked Viofo for a Promo Code now that the A229 Pro is available on Amazon US.
They were kind enough to offer a 5% off Promo Code (Exp. 1/7/24): PANZER229PRO
Btw, I am NOT an Amazon Associate.
I am NOT an affiliate of Viofo, BlackBoxMyCar, or any other retailer.
I earn zero dollars testing dash cams.
Maybe we’ll see a lower price in two weeks for Viofo’s Black Friday sale.
Currently the 5% off brings the price down from $330 to $310.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CKYGLT5M
A229 Pro 3-CH .png

Hmm will running the Pro in 2K match the plus in terms of less heat and also better low light? Or while the Pro's sensor physically always be worse in low light and always make more heat?

I like the Pro's daytime image and wider FOV much much more, seems like huge upgrade from the 1080p cam I had. The only thing I'm worried about is it constantly overheating in the sun and dying early because of it.

The 5% off and the amazon prime coupon bring the Pro to about $280, so only an $80 difference than the Plus, with the $16 CPL lens included, so really $65 difference. But I'd hate to spend more on the Pro for something with less longevity. Any word on a 5% coupon for the Plus?

Hmm will running the Pro in 2K match the plus in terms of less heat and also better low light? Or while the Pro's sensor physically always be worse in low light and always make more heat?

I like the Pro's daytime image and wider FOV much much more, seems like huge upgrade from the 1080p cam I had. The only thing I'm worried about is it constantly overheating in the sun and dying early because of it.

The 5% off and the amazon prime coupon bring the Pro to about $280, so only an $80 difference than the Plus, with the $16 CPL lens included, so really $65 difference. But I'd hate to spend more on the Pro for something with less longevity. Any word on a 5% coupon for the Plus?
I also experienced this indecision when choosing my first in-car camera. To solve the possible heating problem, I thought I could choose a 4k model and choose FHD or 2k recording so that it would heat up less.
But when I used 4k for a long time in the summer, I did not encounter any problems. So, after 3 hours of traveling, 6 hours of parking, and 3 hours of driving again, it worked flawlessly at 4K resolution.

If you wish, you can feel like you're taking extra precautions by purchasing a higher model and recording at a lower quality.

Any word on a 5% coupon for the Plus?

The a229 replacement sticky 3m pads are the same for the pro/plus? The AliExpress page just says "a229" @VIOFO-Support

Back