Mini 0803 coming

different

Any problem with the different firmware that you know of thanks.

I never gave that a thought however they did say it's the latest firmware

Would be welcomed a unified firmware. It's not a big deal to allow the firmware to identify which hardware works behind...

I've been unable to get the GPS data to stamp on the video, only have the option to stamp the date/time & driver number. Not sure if I'm missing something or if it hasn't been added to the firmware. The instruction manual I got say that it's possible, but I can't seem to make it work.

FW 20140510V1

It is missing in the menu.... FYI here's a list of the issues found with the various FW to date:-
Foxoffer firmware 20140429 V1.0 have bug. Cam freeze after max 6 minutes after power on, if is in GPS stand and if is GPS turned ON.

With GPS turned OFF or if is powered on out od the GPS mount - it's working.

20140507 - missing max resolution 1296P - only 1080P is avilable.

20140510 - It works, but inserting of GPS tag into video is missing in menu.

Video quality of all fw version is poor. Distant objects are slightly blurred, especially if it is something close to the camera (car interior).

The GPS data is still being recorded though.

It is missing in the menu.... FYI here's a list of the issues found with the various FW to date:-

Thanks! I had the impression I had seen that somewhere but could not find it. I did found the GPS files in the directory of the SD card. Not sure how to add them to the video but don't have an absolute need for this right this moment so I'll wait for a new FW.

Thanks! I had the impression I had seen that somewhere but could not find it.
You saw a 0803 footage with an earlier firmware.

I did found the GPS files in the directory of the SD card. Not sure how to add them to the video but don't have an absolute need for this right this moment so I'll wait for a new FW.
Try http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html
You will see in real time your position on Google Map and speed.

.... I did found the GPS files in the directory of the SD card. Not sure how to add them to the video but don't have an absolute need for this right this moment so I'll wait for a new FW.
or if you're an Apple User there's Datakam Player for Mac:-
Datakam Player 2.0 released. Now it allows to cut video fragments from video file or video file list.

Download link is here.
Just download the video files you want to see and it'll import the GPS data and overlay it on Google Maps, whilst playing your footage.

Thanks! I had the impression I had seen that somewhere but could not find it. I did found the GPS files in the directory of the SD card. Not sure how to add them to the video but don't have an absolute need for this right this moment so I'll wait for a new FW.

Using Registrator Viewer you can create a subtitle file with the speed and GPS data to overlay onto the video afterward

I know.

But if I want have speed inside video (for youtube upload for example), then is additional video processing needed.

Youtube accepts subtitles in .srt format (the same format is generated by RegistratorViewer) so you can just upload the subtitles file and they will be added to video. They won't be forced though, one has to enable them by clicking on CC icon in Youtube video player.

I received mine yesterday and will be testing it soon. I noticed, as mentioned ealier on this site, that there is no option to set sound recording to off.
Is there any news about this? Will it be placed in the new firmware?

Did anyone else have this problem? Yesterday my Mini 0803 froze on startup (stayed on the car welcome screen) and made a continuous sound. There was no way to force shut down itself (or I don't know how) and needed to unplug it and wait untill the battery was out of juice to be able to use it. It was fine afterward, but not sure what could had cause it and find it bad that I can't force it to shut down.

I had the same situation yesterday. I pushed the on/off button a long time, longer then normally to reset, and it shut down. Hope this will help.

For any stranges behaviours, try first another SD card from another brand.

I received mine yesterday and will be testing it soon. I noticed, as mentioned ealier on this site, that there is no option to set sound recording to off.
Is there any news about this? Will it be placed in the new firmware?
That is concerning. It is a no-brainer to have an option to turn the sound off.

Hi, I ordered a mini 0803 on 05/29 at Foxoffer. It has been 4 days and they still haven't shipped out yet. How long do you guys received yours after ordering it?

Back