A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

A118 ordered on 05/27/2014 from Foxoffer and still at "Processing status", not shipped.
Contacted Foxoffer by email last friday and no answer...
Not good :confused::(

A118 ordered on 05/27/2014 from Foxoffer and still at "Processing status", not shipped.
Contacted Foxoffer by email last friday and no answer...
Not good :confused::(
I think you should have received the tracking number today, according to the tracking status, the package is despatched to overseas.
We have 3 public holidays, sorry for late updating the tracking number.
Wish you will receive it soon, and I look forward to your review.

I think you should have received the tracking number today, according to the tracking status, the package is despatched to overseas.
We have 3 public holidays, sorry for late updating the tracking number.
Wish you will receive it soon, and I look forward to your review.
Thanks @billknow , I have received an email 2 hours after your message and some hours later I have received the automated email that I should have been received last Friday, when the parcel was shipped.

Thanks anyway for reply here.

I didn't know that there was some national vacation in China.

A118 received today from Foxoffer, was much faster than 0803 :p

First impression is that this dashcam is A W E S O M E !!!!!!!
The main drawback is lack of GPS :(

The mount is perfect without using the bracket.

Angle is EXACTLY the same as 0803, so it will be very easy to make comparison.

Here is a screenshot from a video from 0803 and A118.
These are original files, no compression.
I had to set +0.7 EV in the 0803 to have same lightning level.

I have no outside comparison because of the difference of EV.
But what I can say is that A118 is much better in term of sharpness than 0803.

As you can see, A118 beats 0803.
Novatek 1 - 0 Ambarella :D

Now, I'm asking me if I will put the A118 on the front and the 0803 at the rear (to have GPS informations)

(click on pictures to see full size)

A118
A118_test_EV0.png

0803_test_EV0.7.png

What the heck is that. I have no clue on how to even install that on the windshield, windscreen for my Euro Brothers :) 96650 is a great chip. Since I have a rain sensor beast attached as one unit to the rearview mirror. You have to post pics of the cam installed or it never happened lol :) I would trade in my POS 0803 for a Novatek 96650 It is the same in the G1W

I plan to make a video to explain how to mount it and also to show that it is smaller that it seems.
You can mount it under the rain sensor, centered. It will stay discreet.
It is very discreet, but don't use grey adhesive, use your own black or transparent adhesive.

That's a really interesting looking device - the PQ looks excellent too so I'm guessing they've used a nice lens on this one! I'm looking forward to night quality too!

I did find in an A-B comparison my GT680W was darker than my A7 device so it's interesting with this and the Mini they've flipped that on its head :)

Chris is the Man. Eagerly awaiting so I can order

I'll upload RAW files footage soon, day first, and night later because I don't often drive at night.
Trying to do it this week-end or monday.

You'll have side by side A118, 0803, G1W.

Small video review will come before the end of next week.

Here are 2 pictures of my testing car laboratory :D

Now, you'll have to wait for the review ;)

The 2 white pieces of adhesive tape will show you the size of A118 adhesive mount.
You can release the camera easily, the mount stays on the windscreen.

I've used white cheap adhesive for my test because this camera will be definitely mounted into another car.

IMG_20140606_163553.jpg IMG_20140606_163719.jpg

Nice Chris. Just wish it had a quick connect mount like the 0803/01 It gets too hot in Miami to leave on windscreen. Im pissed cause I want the 96650 chip. If they had that than the A7 which in my opinion is inferior inside the 03 I would be one happy Marine. My office in Hong Kong can get the cam to me over night. Well Two days max.

This model I saw 8 month ago when it was first time released in China under Tiesfond B40 brand.
Quite interesting model. Tiny and discrete looking.
Good for front or rear.
Also in China they sell Y-splitter car cigarette lighter charger in case you want to connect two dashcams ( see pics below )

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Interesting. I guess I can live with plugging it in over and over. The power plug I mean. Only thing I liked about the 0803

NOW I get it how this oddity actually attaches to the windscreen :) Was trying to grasp the concept since I first saw its pics a few months ago. Thanks @niko

Back