A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

yes, not too inconvenient, I think the design is discreet enough that most times it will be left where it is

I agree, I wouldn't be too worried about removing it once it's nearly stealth behind the mirror and or hugging the top. Just: "Set it and forget it."™ Ron Popeil

yes, not too inconvenient, I think the design is discreet enough that most times it will be left where it is
Yes, but MARINE was drawing a parallel with the quick mount of the 0803 ;)
Just wanted to make it all clear.
Nice Chris. Just wish it had a quick connect mount like the 0803/01

Yes, but MARINE was drawing a parallel with the quick mount of th e0803 ;)

understand, a lot of people using the 0801/0803 end up plugging the power into the camera anyway, sometimes for install reasons, sometimes for reliability reasons

This model I saw 8 month ago when it was first time released in China under Tiesfond B40 brand.
I'm just wondering why nobody has talked about this dashcam before.
I would probably never have bought G1W and G1WH...

Of course, but the only seller where I have found it is Foxoffer.
Nothing on eBay.
Strange for an innovating product like this.

Nothing on eBay.

it has been a domestic market only product until very recently

Niko found it ages ago because he spends time going through the Chinese local market online stores looking for new product

Niko found this on Taobao at very earlier time, it sold under tiesfong brand.
If we sell this branded camera, the price will be much higher.
About 1 month ago, I found this non-brand version, but forget to upload on our website, until recently I remembered this and put it on foxoffer.

Sold. I will order it and ship it to my Hong kong office tsing yi. How long Bill to arrive that location?

I know gents, Miami sun bakes the camera that's why I have to remove when I park.

I have a ford focus with that monster rain sensor so I have to install below the sensor.

Nothing on eBay.

I'm going to look into getting this product into the RoadCam product line-up. I'll start with a sample first and go from there. We sell on Amazon, eBay, and our pending e-commerce site. (finishing coding soon)

Another side by side comparison this morning between 0803 and A118.
A118 wins again !

I've tried to have same light conditions by setting EV+0.7 to the 0803.
It appears that the WDR is working better on A118 than in 0803.

Any way to have a GPS function to a small Novatek dashcam ? :confused:

A118
a11810.jpg

0803 EV+0.7
0803_e10.jpg

Any way to have a GPS function to a small Novatek dashcam ? :confused:

I would also be very interested to know if there was any way to add a GPS function to the A118 Novatek 96650 dashcam.

just meaning the platform can support it, the ones currently available are generally much larger, lots of stuff coming to market though

Aah! Okay, I have been following the Mini 0803 for a while but was somewhat concerned about the loose mounting issue - then I followed the link in that thread to this comparison thread and was quite impressed with the information and comparisons provided by chris-s above. But no GPS could be a deal-breaker.

Are you aware of any "fixes" for the 0803 mounting problem?

Honestly I've been telling the factory for over a year about the mount issue with the 0801 and it has yet to be fixed and we're into another generation of the product already, will they do something about it, I'm not so sure

You might see something like what you're after in the market before too long though ;)

Okay, thanks for the heads up jokiin ;). I will just rely on my Blackvue and cheap Kogan dashcams in the interim! Just a pity about the 0801/0803 (maybe 0805) mount and the lack of GPS on the A118:(.

They all wiggle. I see some members using a toothpick. That is ridiculous they would have to do so. Anyway, buying the A118-novatek today. GPS is fun but really see no need for it after the fact.

GPS tracking is good for speed indication - we have so many different speed zones here in Oz and you wouldn't want to be held to be at fault because the other party accused you of speeding.

Back