A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

just meaning the platform can support it, the ones currently available are generally much larger, lots of stuff coming to market though
That is the main drawback !

You might see something like what you're after in the market before too long though ;)
Something like A118 design with GPS ?

There are a couple of variants of this same design, you'll see more of them over the coming months I'm sure

Any link to share about these new products or it is still a secret ?

Last edited:
I wasn't asking for buying links but perhaps some pictures of dashcams coming and/or specifications

That sort of info will come once available I'm sure, there's a couple of others that use the same form factor which you already know, yours is the entry level version, others all have added features

I can't wait :D
It seems very promising anyway, because the A118 entry level is already insanely good !

No, better FOV ;)

NOW I get it how this oddity actually attaches to the windscreen :) Was trying to grasp the concept since I first saw its pics a few months ago. Thanks @niko

In case you need to remove, it's very quick and easy:

I bought it over 2 month ago ( not from Foxoffer, but directly from Taobao ), probably from very first batch of non-branded Tiesfong B40, so mine was kinda prototype, - still some things needed to be fixed, like lens angle adjustment was wrong, bracket was lose ( hence you see from video I added some electrical tape on windshield mount part), etc.

Last edited:
Thanks Niko.

I visit their website.My Chinese is a little weak :) . They have one there that is slightly different
No Idea what it is.

http://www.tiesfong.net/

Thanks Niko.

I visit their website.My Chinese is a little weak :) . They have one there that is slightly different
No Idea what it is.

http://www.tiesfong.net/

They never added this model to their website, although I saw F40 was released in Oct 2013. They have also similar shape model, slightly smaller, but without screen. And latest model released month ago is same as F40 but with 360 degree horizontal rotatable lens to left-right-front-back view. I will add info and pictures in some stage when get chance.

They never added this model to their website, although I saw F40 was released in Oct 2013. They have also similar shape model, slightly smaller, but without screen. And latest model released month ago is same as F40 but with 360 degree horizontal rotatable lens to left-right-front-back record. I will add info and pictures in some stage when get chance.

Here is my review.
Sorry about my poor english, I can write english much better than I speak :eek:

Chris your English is much better than many English people these days so it's all good :)

Niko seeing as you've had this and many others how did this compare to the GT680W please as they're a similar platform? The same or is the lens better on the A118 type camera you had?

Here is my review.
Sorry about my poor english, I can write english much better than I speak :eek:

Your effort is more important than correctnes of language.
My Engl. is no better. A lot of help getting from Google translator ;)

I concur. Your English is seriously good, I understood everything you said from minute 1 till' the end. And thanks for this review.

I was seriously interested in this dashcam design.

Someone in this thread mentioned that we can find this same camera model, but without the screen.

Can someone point it out to me ? I am definitely not a fan of screens on dashcams. For me, it's a fire and forget kind of deal. Get in my car, start the engine, go do my daily trips, come back, go home, etc. The iTronics models were perfect for everything I needed, but the video quality is lagging behind some of the newer models.

I've watched my review.... it's just bull**** :confused:
My english so bad... the review seems to be a little boring.
I'm thinking about removing it and making another one :oops:

EDIT : thanks for compliments about my english, but when I hear all my language mistakes, I just want to hide and disappear for 1 year :D
Example : "What is look likes" should be "what it looks like"o_O

I will leave this review online and do another one to show you how I have mounted the A118 this evening at the back of my car Renault Kangoo.

I am freakishly serious. I understood everything. And I am not a native English speaker. Trust me, it's just fine, don't stress yourself. See my question above, please :)

Back