Mini 0803 coming

Thanks they look quite okay to me in all

I see you have painted your car, the time stamp is quite visible now ;)

Does it just appear that way here or is the field of view the same at all three resolutions?
These screenshots are as-is. Same FOV in the 3 resolutions
Why this question ?

Thanks they look quite okay to me in all

I see you have painted your car, the time stamp is quite visible now ;)
LOL My personal car is dark grey, and my job's car is white ;) Sharing the 0803 with extra GPS mount ;)

1296p should be using the full sensor and show a larger field of view, they're doing something wrong if it's not

@DashCamMan set an image size limitation of 1920 x 1080, thought perhaps that was the issue, guess not

Will that explain that quality between 1296p and 1080p is nearly the same ?

In fact, if there were more FOV in 1296p, it will be an issue because we already see the mount at the up left corner.

I received my Mini 0803 a few days ago, it was an upgrade for one the cheap and cheerful 720 cams. However, I am having a few problems and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction please? I am finding that the video on playback is very dark, I have tried pointing the camera downwards to reduce the amount of sky, but it has made little difference, is there a way in the menu's to adjust this please? It appears that the camera is reacting too much to the light sky, so the whole video is darkened. Also, I have read on here a lot about Firmware and updating, how do I do this please, the version i have is FW20140510 V1.0. One a more positive note, the picture although dark has very good sharpness and pausing allows you to easily read car plates and signs, the microphone is exceptionally good, pick up very little road noise and it even picks out the indicators audio noise. So it looks like a very good camera, if only I am able to get the dark picture sorted.

I've also the same problem of darkness with this 0803.
Look at my previous posts, I've uploaded some footage and tried to adjust brightness by adding more EV in the menu.
But it does not work as good as I expect.

Try to down the camera one click more.
To have the best brightness result, the center of the screen should point always on the road, and not on the horizon.
In fact, this angle view is an issue because 1/3 of the screen will now show your car's hood. o_O

I'm still trying to find the best settings to get rid of this darkness without changing angle.

Next step is to try EV+1.0.

I plan also to change AE metering setting from Center to Point.

I'll let you know all when I will find good settings.

Thank you for that info. I tried EV +2.0 and got a very washed out result, set it to +1.0 and that seemed to do the trick. I had also changed the AE from centre to Point/Spot. Until I did these changes altering the camera angle down was of no use, in fact I even tried it so far down that a full 50% of the screen was taken up by the bonnet, no change in the dark video. So EV +1.0 and AE to Centre/Point.

I have mounted 0801 and 0803 in my car and can confirm that 0803 does not sits so steady as 0801. 0803 is more wobbly than 0801 :(
Hi Just received a GPS mount for the 803 and was not very happy with the looseness,
so I cut a plastic shim 0.2 mm thick x 1.0 mm wide and inserted it around the perimeter of the camera foot in four sections by removing the two screws securing the contacts to the camera foot.(cutting a single gasket is quite difficult due to the small size)
Now all looseness is gone and camera sits firm in the mounting base.
Hope this helps.
The manufactures should address this problem or supply a shim to remove the poor fit in the mount.

Hi Just received a GPS mount for the 803 and was not very happy with the looseness,
so I cut a plastic shim 0.2 mm thick x 1.0 mm wide and inserted it around the perimeter of the camera foot in four sections by removing the two screws securing the contacts to the camera foot.(cutting a single gasket is quite difficult due to the small size)
Hope this helps.
The manufactures should address this problem or supply a shim to remove the poor fit in the mount.

Yeah, guys like you, me and few others can always do some DIY to improve "this'n'that", - but 99% of buyers dont know how to do this, dont have a time for this, or lets say dont want to do, because of principle: - if I pay for something, it should be properly made on the first place by manufacturer, so no need "DIY-ing" afterwards. Unfortunately there is a rule: the cheaper product ( or the more manufacturer "saved" on high grade tooling on the first place, - the more likely need DIY-ing to get it right. It's applies to all dashcams and other products.

Yet another problem with this camera, I have just tried the 2304 x 1296 "Super HD" setting, the video will not play, there is sound but no video, I have tried several players but the same problem. :(

Yet another problem with this camera, I have just tried the 2304 x 1296 "Super HD" setting, the video will not play, there is sound but no video, I have tried several players but the same problem. :(

does it playback with video on the camera?

what resolution does your computer monitor support?

Yes it does, well spotted, so it's got to be my monitor not supporting the high format. :)

try the files on another PC I guess, or perhaps upload a small segment and provide a link and others can give it a try to confirm if you have no other PC to test on

I'm not sure to understand exactly what sort of DIY you did. Could you upload some pictures of this ?

I got the same problem on many of my computers.
Only recent computers can read 1296p. They need to be powerful.

My solution is contact enhancer (not cleaner). It provides lower resistance, lubricates for easier mating and less wear on the contact material. After treatment I cannot make it disconnect when I move the connector.
I have 2 mounts with connection issue.
I've used F2 contact spray and solved partially the problem on one mount, not better for the other :(

On China market there is a golden version on 0803, Careland C323

T2h9XNXWXXXXXXXXXX_!!1650075336.jpg

T2gZ0.X.pXXXXXXXXX_!!1650075336.jpg

T28_BNXVxXXXXXXXXX_!!1650075336.jpg

LOL This golden 0803 is... how to say..... very special !!! :D

I'm not sure to understand exactly what sort of DIY you did. Could you upload some pictures of this ?

I got the same problem on many of my computers.
Only recent computers can read 1296p. They need to be powerful.

This is why having resolutions over 720p can be a waste of storage space and processing power.

Most people can still only edit/view up to 720p on their computers, and HD TVs are still 1080p max resolution.

I sometimes think that manufacturers in todays market only consider the needs/desires of the computer professional/geek market when considering development and as a consequence race ahead to quickly. Most people will not upgrade their technology just to keep up with manufacturers - although enough seem to do so to keep them in business.

Most new TV sold in Denmark these days are UHD tv models, i am wondering about why ? as there is no tv stations that transmit in that format yet.
And most providers have a too low bitrate on ther current footage so even it dont look as good as it could. even providers with fiber optic connections to the end user have low bitrate.

My computer can process whatever i want it to, I7 3770K cpu 3.5 - 4 Ghz ( auto OC ) - 32 Gb ram - Nvidia GTX 570 - Windows experience index score 7.7

My screen is only 2048x1536 :rolleyes: need to get on the LCD bandwagon with my computer, but i will only get a 1080P monitor.

Finished testing 1296p with 64Gb Samsung MicroSD formatted to Fat32, - all works fine including LOOP recording.
Do you format with dashcam or with the PC ?
Is there a particular software to use with the PC ?

Back