Mini 0803 coming

I must have solution for 24/7 record. I think buying a micro SD to SD extender and record on 128 GB SD card.

$T2eC16Z,!zQE9s3stvYYBR0P6pz00g~~60_12.JPG

The problem for you rolex is not the card size, it's that the software doesn't recognized anything above 32Gb by factory default while some may seem to have found ways to make a 64Gb work.

Gee that's fast, I get about 15mbs on good days average around 8-9mbs

I don't believe there's any difference, I wonder if you had the 0803 in 1296P mode it may have the edge over the G1W?

Comcraptist meant Comcast Cable. I pay for 108 I usually average 110-120 Upload is 20 95 buckaroos a month. Little play on aussie lingo :)

LDWS testing and GPS .srt from Registrator viewer testing :)

Calibration of LDWS is very simple.
The bottom line should be just up to the front of the hood.
The up line should be lower from horizon.
I've done manual calibration, it seems that there is an auto calibratoin but I didn't understand how it works.

It works fine as you can see but it is useless because the buzzer is just a whisper... I can't hear it on the highway, and too low to wake me up in the city...:rolleyes:
It also warns a bit too late, it waits that the line will be on the center of the hood...

Thanks chris-s. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it. But just in case I ever want to try it now I know how!;)

Thanks. How long can I record with 32 GB card?

Have any on tried 64 GB card?

I am using 64gb samsung microsd xc for 5 days, all works but I have not yet tried to fill up memory card to check overwriting. Will do it shortly.

I just got notified that FoxOffer has shipped my units. I ordered the internal 16GB. It was $5 more than the 8GB. It never hurts to have more memory.
I have read about overheating. I'm hoping the extra ram doesn't cause more heat. I'll try to post the shipping time to US.
As for the sloppy mount. There might be a way to fill space with thin firm foam. I'll see what it looks like when I get it.
When you receive your camera could you check what firmware version it is. Thanks.

I am also using a 64gb micro sdxc (Sony) formatted as fat32 and seems fine. Shows about 7 1/2 hours recording time on 1296P. Will also wait to see if it fills then recycles properly.

Does it loop automatically? I did not find any settings I have it set for 5 Min clips. It's clearer now but still has the fish eye effect when parked too close. Must be due to the wide angle lens.

I live in sunny Florida. Yes they both read plates. The colors are washed out on the 0803 and the g1w is better on a sunny day. . How much Vid quality is a matter of preference. I like bang for the buck scenarios lol. black box.CA took the time to send me a clip of the actual cam they were going to ship. So props to them. I was upset at the way the eprance unit 0803 wobbled AFTER I installed. I had no clue it Sank low by a few mm. The pic was slightly askew. Peed me off. That and the Vid was very pixelly if that is even a word. Lol

Thanks for the kind feedback! All that matters is our customers are happy.

Kelvin

Finished testing 1296p with 64Gb Samsung MicroSD formatted to Fat32, - all works fine including LOOP recording.

I must have solution for 24/7 record. I think buying a micro SD to SD extender and record on 128 GB SD card.

$T2eC16Z,!zQE9s3stvYYBR0P6pz00g~~60_12.JPG
I was wondering about something like this. I think I read somewhere that an SD card will be cheaper than the same capacity micro SD. Also, SD will perform faster than micro SD.
Not sure how true that is.
But in any case, for those of us who often pull the card to look at footage, it would be better to wear out the contacts on an extension than in the cam?

Does the camera auto loop the recordings?

Last edited:
When you receive your camera could you check what firmware version it is. Thanks.
It took 6 days to Oklahoma from FoxOffer. FW2014510 V1.0

Got a question; I need to transfer video and GPS from two 0803 for storage on my computer. How do I set up the folders to keep them separate and have the viewer find them? They have the same file names so I can't mix them. I am using DATAKAM Player, Registrator Viewer.

I have duplicated and found a solution to the stated bad connection with the base. I don't find that the base is too loose. The contacts in the base are spring loaded and that's good but it adds another point of possible bad connection. The spring loaded pins then need to connect to the flat tabs on the 0803 housing.

My solution is contact enhancer (not cleaner). It provides lower resistance, lubricates for easier mating and less wear on the contact material. After treatment I cannot make it disconnect when I move the connector. I have been using it on all connectors inside and outside my computers for twenty years. It eliminates intermittent contact problems. On frequently plugged connectors (USB, iPhone, etc.) I treat again when I start feeling resistance to plugging in.

I don't know if the product I use is still available. 50ml cost $75 twenty years ago and I still have about 10ml left. You don't even use a drop unless it's both sides of card edge connector. Stabilant 22A is the name. Let me know if you don't find it, I'll get more info. Everything is getting smaller and I'm using less. Found it: http://stabilant.com/techt02h.htm

Make sure to get it down into the spring contacts. The 0803 now slides on and off easier . It will certainly last longer. Don't forget the memory cards.

Last edited:
can you please try the 0803 in 1296P mode and compare thanks
Sorry, I told that I will do it.
I've done it, but forgotten to upload here.

Here is a test comparing 1026p/1080p/720p.
Car was not moving, just made 10s of video in each resolution, and performed VLC screenshot.

As you can see, there is not much difference between 1296p and 1080p.
A bit more details.

I prefer staying in 1080p that is read by all my computers and have more time recording on microSD card.

1296p
1296p.png

1080p
1080p.png

720p

720p.png

Back