Mini 0803 coming

I have the same one coming hope I don't have the same problem.o_O

Where did you get yours from?

I have the same one coming hope I don't have the same problem.o_O

Where did you get yours from?
I got mine from Foxoffer. I ordered a mini 0803 with gps but no internal memory, but they sent me one with both. Now it can't save my videos to my SD card. :(BTW, It takes 12 days to ship to my home from Singapore to SF.

I got mine from Foxoffer. I ordered a mini 0803 with gps but no internal memory, but they sent me one with both. Now it can't save my videos to my SD card. :(BTW, It takes 12 days to ship to my home from Singapore to SF.

Did you format your card with the unit or PC?

Yeah I was going after the one with GPS then I notice they were out stock so I ordered with 8gb memory

Oh no! I also ordered 0803 with GPS and without internal memory from FoxOffer. It was out of stock, when i was ordered it, so I hope, they will send me correct one, when they received it from factory...
Now, when I log in to My Account at FoxOffer, my order #889716 has still status: processing. :confused:

Oh no! I also ordered 0803 with GPS and without internal memory from FoxOffer. It was out of stock, when i was ordered it, so I hope, they will send me correct one, when they received it from factory...
Now, when I log in to My Account at FoxOffer, my order #889716 has still status: processing. :confused:

Might be waiting awhile they are out of stock.

If I was you I'd go for the A118 I don't think it has GPS though.

We sell five versions Mini 0801:

• without GPS Logger, no internal memory : out of stock
  • without GPS Logger, built-in 8GB memory : out of stock
  • with GPS Logger, no internal memory: out of stock
  • with GPS Logger, built-in 8GB memory : out of stock
  • with GPS Logger, built-in 16GB memory :eek:ut of stock

Of course when I ordered it, I knew that is out of stock, so I'm still patiently waiting for delivery from factory to FoxOffer, and then from They to me.
A118? I don't like the design of it. And I want something with GPS. And last, but not least: I paid for 0803. ;) So, that's it.

All I can do now is waiting. Waiting for delivery the correct 0803, I hope.

the firmware date does not always mean it is newer or has different features, the firmware would have been adjusted to suit their branding etc and the date reflects when it was done, could still be the same as another version for functionality

Hi, I ordered the Mini 0803 from Foxoffer.com. The order went OK, I received the product as expected. Unfortunately the camera only worked for a total of about one hour. It recorded a trip around the neighborhood and 30 miles on the highway. After a stop at a gas station, it broke down. The video system doesn't seem to respond in any way. It does not record anything or let me enter the menu. Only if I connect it to the PC it says: USB connecting. If I turn on the ignition or plug it in the PCs USB port, the only thing it does is light up the LED in blue.

Are you talking about the 0803 if so can you list the settings, I'm on the verge of turning my 0803 that has not arrived as yet and sending it back. :eek:
Yes I talk about 0803, this is the subject of this thread :p
Default settings are OK.
Just set EV to +1.0 to enhance brightness, and recycle to 5 min.

About angle for viewing licence plates, it is always possible to read plates.
I use VLC and step up each image with "e" key.
EDIT : withe Registrator Viewer, fullscreen, hit key "b" and "n" to step by step a picture.

To read the plate of a crossing car, don't read it just before it leaves the screen but some meters before you will have best result.

For information, the A118 reads better on borders of the video than the 0803 with same angle view.

Last edited:
Sorry for delay shipping, we will ship your order in 2 days, to say sorry for delay, we will ship the version with GPS and 8GB internal memory.

Hi, I ordered the Mini 0803 from Foxoffer.com. The order went OK, I received the product as expected. Unfortunately the camera only worked for a total of about one hour. It recorded a trip around the neighborhood and 30 miles on the highway. After a stop at a gas station, it broke down. The video system doesn't seem to respond in any way. It does not record anything or let me enter the menu. Only if I connect it to the PC it says: USB connecting. If I turn on the ignition or plug it in the PCs USB port, the only thing it does is light up the LED in blue.
We got 2 broken camera, not sure if it cause by overheating, I will report this to manufacture.

No! @billknow please, don't do it! I don't want internal memory!

If they are not charging you the extra for the memory, and as you can choose where to record the video to (internal or SD card) do you not think that having the internal memory could be an advantage if you ever have a fault with the SD card??

As long, as I must choose between internal or SD, and can't use it both (eg. internal for photos or save accidents footage, SD for videos), I don't need internal memory. I have 64gb microSD card, and it's quite enough for me. But many thanks to @billknow for his proposition.

Also, as I can see (but I'm not sure), FW updates for 0803 without internal memory are quicker.

As long, as I must choose between internal or SD, and can't use it both (eg. internal for photos or save accidents footage, SD for videos), I don't need internal memory.

Also, as I can see (but I'm not sure), FW updates for 0803 without internal memory are quicker.

I believe I saw a post somewhere which stated that there was going to be a firmware hack to enable use of both the IM and the SD card - can't remember where I read that though :oops:

I ordered a Mobius for my motorcycle and I'm wondering if I should do the same for my car. My main concern is the reliability of the camera, because a camera that doesn't run reliably can be very expensive in the event of an accident.

I don't really care if the exposure metering is Nikon quality or if the pictures are real pretty. My Gramma said 'pretty is for flowers and movie stars.'

Just be sure to record the damn accident! That's all.

Back