2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Hi welcome to the club it's a great forum here. I'm happy to bring you into the world of Panorama. I have an idea. Since you're in the San Francisco Bay Area maybe I can come by and help install and or video your install. I could learn a lot from you it sounds like as well. I have an electronics background working on the U2 in the Air Force and home automation before DashCams. I'm ready to move from a car electrics novice to expert now that more and more of our products have hardwire options/requirements. A lot of it is watching YouTube videos I'm sure as far as how to take various panels off for a specific car. (Important for dual channel cable runs) So yeah, I might as well hand deliver the X2 to you haha.

Good talking to you again Jon. Looking forward to doing the install this weekend.

@ezuser Jon and I will be taking photos and video of the install. I drive a truck so the panels come off easier than a lot of other vehicles, but at least it will help give you an idea. By the way, I'm pulling the panels so I can get the wires tucked in really well. With the previous 2 channel unit from another manufacturer the only panels I pulled were to wire into the fuse panel and hide the battery discharge prevention module. Other than that I just tucked the wires in around the edges of the trim, which should be possible in a lot of vehicles for those that don't want to do a more involved install :)

This is why I threw in the towel on the dome a70 and am totally going to be a poster child for powerucc /Panorama line. The frequent updates and a local vendor who frequents this forum are what made my decision.

Customer service is tops to me and thus far @Pier28 is really providing superior customer service over the other vendors who drive by this thread when they have a sale to promote.

I just installed my X2 at the local dealer here in SG. The front LED can't be turned off yet. Its mega disturbing. Luckily it seems like there's a firmware flash to turn the LEDs off! Haven't had the chance to upload any videos just yet.

Attachments

• 2014-10-23 19.00.49.jpg
    2014-10-23 19.00.49.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 29
Yeah, our shipping X2 western market edition has the disco LED lights disabled. We don't need the bling and it's illegal to have flashing lights like that while driving over here.

I wouldn't go to that disco haha
I think the clear mount also doesn't look too good. It actually seem to make the camera more obvious.

No problem I have a couple left. (I'll order more) I'll pop one in the box. New CPL's should arrive early next week. The vendor messed up customs paperwork but it's all cleared up now and CPLs are arriving soon.

Well this is a strange one - ironically the camera has been behaving fine with a Sandisk Ultra 64GB card but is not 100% happy with a Samsung Evo 32GB (a couple of the videos seem to cut out half way) and it won't even accept a Samsung 70MB/sec card - it leaves the outline of a grey box on screen and won't record anything.

Have any of you guys seen anything similar or know of anything due to be fixed?

Also would it be possible to have the firmware automatically run in parking mode for the rear camera whenever you take the front card out? It seems like the whole unit stops when the front card is removed currently.

Sungmoon hasn't replied to me mate, I don't think he'd been to the forum since Wednesday when I looked.

I haven't seen any mention from the notes about this problem though so it's potentially still in the latest version like that issue with the 8.3 filenames.

I noticed Lexar have a 128GB micro sd due anytime which hopefully should be ok in these seeing as Sungmoon doesn't recommend Sandisk (and I can't find any other 128GB options in the UK).

Yeah I'm hoping this one with the Evo is related to that GPS problem which is due to be fixed on the X2.

Any news from any of the early adopters? It's like the calm before the storm in this thread the last couple of days!

A quick usability question this time which I don't see mentioned in the user guide.

When you power the cam on there is a dotted red box around the clock area - it seems if you press inside this box it powers the camera off - is that still the case?

A quick usability question this time which I don't see mentioned in the user guide.

When you power the cam on there is a dotted red box around the clock area - it seems if you press inside this box it powers the camera off - is that still the case?

When I press the outlined dotted square box at the bottom it stops/starts recording. This is perfect for when you need to eject the microSD cards. I will add this to the instruction manual good idea.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz6fvqfuw83hngd/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #13.pdf?dl=0
(page 27 for now)

JTLTFU8.png

Last edited:
Cool thanks mate, that answers that one!

I wonder if it's possible to add a recording indicator towards the bottom of the screen as well as the top in future versions as when it's hidden behind the rearview mirror it's easy to touch that area and then you wouldn't know if the camera is recording - I found out by accident earlier :/

gents,

so the top slot is for the FRONT cam and the BOTTOM SD slot is for the REAR cam? Is this correct? manual does not make that clear (at least to me).
Also, can their be an addition to the firmware to show a "success" when the card has been properly formatted? As it stands now it just goes back to the menu screen. How does one know if the format was successful?

@reverend ,

I know the devs think SanDisk is the devil, but ive two 128gb Sandisk cards (one was in use on the Dome G90 which I shipped back) and overnight when i swap out the cards, i put in 64gb SanDisk cards.

I'm telling you the results are spot on. no missed video, no gray frame with no video, no hiccups, no dropped frames, just pure video.

People who complain about sandisk must have fake cards. buying on ebay will guarantee you will get a fake card. I purchase all my cards (they are ALL sandisk) from amazon whereas amazon is fulfilling the orders. i have about 22 sandisk cards of different sizes from 32gb up to 128, micro and standard size. I use them in my sony a99, my tascam dr-60d mkii, the gopro hero 4 black, a roland sp-404sx, a tascam dr-44wl, both of my android phones and my tablet. ZERO issues.

I respect everyone on this forum and I am happy to be an early adopter of this system (x2). I mean no hard or disrespect to anyone. I am merely posting my real world results from using these particular cards in this model. :)

I encourage you to give sandisk a try. purchase from amazon if you can and make sure they fulfill the order. they have an awesome returns policy if you are not satisfied. I still cant understand why people act like im lying about sandisk. I used the 128 standard size sandisk in the pano g 24/7. and you know what? never had a dropped frame or a bad file! Why would I lie? LOL

I have also imported the video into dashcam viewer and dashcam viewer seems to b working fine. it stitches all the files together and the maps (i use the google maps option) update just fine.

Last edited:
I believe it's some specific models of Sandisk card that are problematic for many cams, the red and grey 32GB Class10 U1 MicroSD cards in particular spring to mind, personally I've used a few hundred of these on our old Ambarella model and only ever saw one card failure, the same cards in other cams though were glitchy at times though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back