How to show police video from cam at scene

Another good point actually..
I know in the US it's pretty common for the Police Officers to have a Laptop.
A lot of them these days do have Card Readers built in.

I guess buy a small USB Reader that reads different types of cards and toss it in the Glovebox.

Some of the state police in my area are really paranoid about the possibility of people trying to slip them malware. They would not look at a link to video I posted to Dropbox or other cloud services and would only accept video on DVD. To some degree this is on a policy level rather than just individual cop's preferences. When I want to show video to someone like a LEO I transfer it to my iPad and show it to them that way with an offer to provide a copy however they wish to receive it.

All Street Guardian products will include a USB / OTG, microSD/SD combo card reader in the near future.
(SGZC12SG today, SG9665GC next batch)

oTKqYK4.png

You'll be able to quickly read your memory card in your android phone/phablet/tablet for easy MP4/MOV playback.
(or upload to youtube before you even get home etc)

Personally, I wouldn't be showing anybody anything.
Give plod a statement & leave it at that. When it comes to filling out the insurance forms, it's easier to tell your side of the story from the video - which I tend to include on DVD and CD (in various formats). I've also driven over the same spot at a quieter time to record all relevant road markings and signs (in case they are obscured first time) and also to record how other drivers negotiate the area. I also include printouts of relevant stills rather than write all over the video clip.

And when the idiots think about how stupid they have been, their insurance tale will most likely recount a different scenario.

I would just take the micro SD out of my camera, put that in a SD adapter, and then insert that into the multimedia SD slot in my headunit, and then invite the cop in for movies and no popcorn ( 7 inch screen )
Or if it was one of the days where i have my tablet along for the ride, just insert micro SD in tablet and playback there.
Or same as tablet in my phone, there i can allso mail the 3 minute clip if they have a mail that can handle 360 Mb attached files.

Get the Leef iBridge. You pop the microSD card into the reader, plug the reader into your iPhone and view the videos directly. You can also use it to store files and photos on a microSD card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00OGT0AWE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Managing / Editing Videos 21
Back